• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Every Item Crafted in MA gets an Arcane Residue Badge

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
How about if the Arcane Badge simply required you to craft any item in the MA?

A new member of the forum, EssC, suggested this on my Residue Blues thread, and I thought it was a great idea.

It isn't fair that there are so many 9 vision vapor, 29 vision vapor, etc, recipes in the MA. Newer players in particular have a difficult time crafting big recipes or multiple recipes to make one Arcane Residue badge.

So how about if every item you crafted, whether big or small, got a residue badge? This would not benefit one group unfairly (at least not as much as the current system does.)

This seems a lot fairer to me than having to craft huge items or two 9 point items just to get 10 points, particularly for those players in chapters 1-5, some of whom can't even get spell frags in the spire yet, or craft combined catalysts. They would at least have a shot at a badge that doesn't require too many frags. Some don't even need a cc.

If we have to have a vision vapor badge, make it any amount, not a specific 10. I realize it was lowered from Beta, but it wasn't lowered enough. Think back to when you were in chapter 2 or 3; I know you'll empathize with the new players, particularly those new fellowships that have all lower chapter players.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Our argument on Beta, after they dropped the amount to 10 VV, was that it still needed to drop to 7, 8, or 9, because there are so many recipes that give one of those amounts, meaning we could make a badge with just one crafting. But I do not think it should be made any easier than that.

Rocce Sqirl

Two strong suggestions to revise Version F of the Adventure.

1. The Arcane Residue is a HORRIBLE badge. It’s bad because it is a 3-step process to make one and can only be done one at a time. First you must have Spell Fragments, Then you must have multiple Combining Catalyst (takes 15 hours to make one). Then you must make enough stuff in crafting to tally up 10 Vision Vapor, which can take several more hours. And Vision Vapor can only be made in the Magic Academy, so only one at a time can be made (compared to I can build dozens of Workshops and Factories to make multiples of Brewers, Blacksmiths, Bracelets, etc., at a time). SUGGESTION: Change the Arcane Residue to acquiring perhaps 500 Spell Fragments. These can be done a number of ways. in the Spire, or by cashing in Enchantments, Instants or Summonings. Or perhaps (as in Guards, Coins, and now Bracelets) a varying number of Spell Fragments commensurate with the player's chapter.

2. Remove Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues from the Pit rotation. Needing items that take 24- and 48-hours to build at a time when there is seldom 24 hours remaining is a cruel twist to the Adventure and effectively a roadblock. I’d remove Residue also if it remains an acquisition of 10 Vision Vapor. That leaves you 12 Pit items in four groups of 3 each. A nice, workable pattern. Or if you revise Residue as suggested above, leave it in and make your Pit rotation five steps of 3-3-3-2-2. Or maybe 3-2-3-2-3.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
2. Remove Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues from the Pit rotation. Needing items that take 24- and 48-hours to build at a time when there is seldom 24 hours remaining is a cruel twist to the Adventure and effectively a roadblock. I’d remove Residue also if it remains an acquisition of 10 Vision Vapor. That leaves you 12 Pit items in four groups of 3 each. A nice, workable pattern. Or if you revise Residue as suggested above, leave it in and make your Pit rotation five steps of 3-3-3-2-2. Or maybe 3-2-3-2-3.

Any Fellowship planning in advance to spend time in the Pit will have plenty of these when they do get to the Pit. The Bracelet and Residue are much bigger limits on the Pit than something of which you can pre-make dozens, or hundreds.

Kekune

Yes, I'd like this change. I don't like having the random component of crafting in the FA; there's enough to manage without throwing in this variable. One craft = one badge would make this less of a bottleneck, and allow more flexibility for folks who have bad luck with recipes to still contribute without burning up the supplies they'll need when they DO get a useful recipe.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Our argument on Beta, after they dropped the amount to 10 VV, was that it still needed to drop to 7, 8, or 9, because there are so many recipes that give one of those amounts, meaning we could make a badge with just one crafting. But I do not think it should be made any easier than that.
Yeah, I could live with it being dropped to 7. I think that would still be very hard for newbies, considering 7 usually needs more than 1 cc, but it's better, anyway.

AtaguS

Yes! There is a definite need for improvement on the residue badges and 10 is a terrible number to produce in the MA the way things are now.
The only con I see here is that if it were any crafting activity, then a player with enough time instants could knock out 1 badge an hour if they wanted to.. But an easy solve for that issue would be to set a minimum of at least 7 vision vapor. That would make it enough of a challenge to make that I could see Inno going for it. Well, you get my vote at any rate :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I put this in the other thread and repeat it here. I like the idea but would add a minimum Vision Vapor to it to increase the length of time it takes to craft the item (and therefore create the badge) to a minimum of 4.5 hours. I think that wold be 3 Vision Vapor minimum. This would keep the connection between CC and crafting going (since not all items require CC and the ones that do also give back VV if I remember correctly) and thus the structure of the badge would not be changed, but it's ease of creation reduced a bit.

I would then raise the amount of Arcane Residue badges needed by 10-20% because I also believe that these changes would make it a little too easy.

Again, this is just a combination of things others have suggested and not original with me, though the combination is.

AJ

Sarafyne

I think the residues need to go all together, what a horrible badge!! I've depleted my entire stock of catalysts and time boosters all in order to craft a bunch of stuff I don't need!!
Either give us something decent to craft, at 10 vapors each and taking 2 - 3 hours max or remove it all together.
and the bracelets are ludicrous too.
I have 6 cities with all active players, they all said the same thing!!!
I have always loved playing adventures but if they don't make any improvements, I won't play them anymore (and I'm NOT spending diamonds to craft crap I don't need)
Very disappointed :(

Iyapo1

I've depleted my entire stock of catalysts and time boosters all in order to craft a bunch of stuff I don't need!!
No.

You depleted your entire stock of catalysts and time boosters all in order to create badges that you obviously desperately wanted for the FA.
You did that by choice because you were being competitive.
There is nothing wrong with being competitive. There is something off with the idea that it should cost you nothing.

edeba

Sounds good. Either this or they fix ALL of the FA badges so that you can overflow. Or both.
Totally sucks that the overflow never happened...
1. The Arcane Residue is a HORRIBLE badge.
Yes! There is a definite need for improvement on the residue badges and 10 is a terrible number to produce in the MA the way things are now.
I made a suggestion for better balancing badges on beta, https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-adventures.8853/page-127#post-93970

Sarafyne

Yes I am competitive and I've always loved playing adventures and love a challenge, and I never said it should cost me nothing but no one has an unlimited supply of catalysts nor the relics to make them or an endless amount of time to make them (some of us have full-time jobs), getting 3 or 4 vapors per item so having to do multiple items to get to the 10 vapors. Some newer players don't have the resources to go to the spire and grab more catalysts (only if you're lucky at any rate) and producing them depletes their relics.
I have 6 cities, all of them with competitive players and they all hate that badge.
If the format doesn't change - either give us 10 vapors per item or reduce the amount required to 7, I won't play them any more.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They could reconcile this a bit (not entirely) by rationalizing the crafting jobs down to items which provide vision vapour in multiples of five. turn into pairs, or sets of 3 or four anything which costs less than 5, and or make slightly different versions of things that cost interim amounts.

ie: Replace the Orc nest with a slightly more powerful version of the building that provides 10vv, Offer 3x10% supply windfalls for five vv, instead of one for two, etc.

It would still leave some waste at the higher levels, but would eliminate being faced with 5 crafting jobs which barely total 10vv yet need 15+ hours to craft.

Yogi Dave

The coins and the quantity of T1 goods badges are scaled by chapter, could this be done for the residue badge? This would help. It still means people in lower chapters where having enough CCs, spell frags, and time instants is a problem would still be unduly hampered. Also crafting items that don't give many VV often means crafting things you don't need. This brings me around to combining the required number of VVs with @SoggyShorts idea that collecting does not waste the extra VVs. This would allow one to much more often crafting items wanted instead of a bunch of throw away ones.

Iyapo1

The coins and the quantity of T1 goods badges are scaled by chapter, could this be done for the residue badge?
I dont think that one can be scaled.

Spire and tournament participation has more impact on being able to slam these badges than chapter level.
My chapter 5 spire city with a 2.5k tourney average killed this badge.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

A new member of the forum, EssC, suggested this on my Residue Blues thread, and I thought it was a great idea.

It isn't fair that there are so many 9 vision vapor, 29 vision vapor, etc, recipes in the MA. Newer players in particular have a difficult time crafting big recipes or multiple recipes to make one Arcane Residue badge.

So how about if every item you crafted, whether big or small, got a residue badge? This would not benefit one group unfairly (at least not as much as the current system does.)

This seems a lot fairer to me than having to craft huge items or two 9 point items just to get 10 points, particularly for those players in chapters 1-5, some of whom can't even get spell frags in the spire yet, or craft combined catalysts. They would at least have a shot at a badge that doesn't require too many frags. Some don't even need a cc.

If we have to have a vision vapor badge, make it any amount, not a specific 10. I realize it was lowered from Beta, but it wasn't lowered enough. Think back to when you were in chapter 2 or 3; I know you'll empathize with the new players, particularly those new fellowships that have all lower chapter players.

I think 1 is to low, but for the rest I am all for it.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I would support this even if just to let the devs realize they need to have another look at how this badge works. There are more points to look at than just it is "doable". Like the randomness of recipes, the fact it cost diamonds to renew the list for recipes, the fact that you need a fully upgraded MA to craft CC's at even a painstakingly slow pace, the cost in CC's (the cost of relics and time to make CC's) and spell frags (for smaller cities, later chapters mostly have them in over abundance), and the fact you have to craft stuff you have no intention of using.
This is a really expensive badge to make in any half decent amount. This is why I think they need to look at either rolling over the VV's or some other way to make it a not so extensive drain on resources.