• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolution of the Phoenix feedback

The Unbeliever

Then the same applies to that 10% chance to get extra essence. It is just anecdotal.
No it's not, it's just how RNG's and random variance work;
'X' amount of players will end up on the high end of the bell curve and get lucky.
'Y' amount of players will end up on the low end and be somewhat unlucky.
'Z' amount of players will just take it up the bum and get completely screwed due to how math simply works, and because obviously RNGesus really, really hates them!:p

The majority of players though will end up roughly around the 'average'.
So as mentioned above, if you simply horde up all/most of your essences and spend them at once, then you will cut down on the more swingy results of the RNG.
So say for example Soggy is almost done with Constructs and wants a bunch more Wishing Wells to build his diamonds back up. Thus, he waits until the WW is the daily, and spends say 3500 of his 4500 total essences. (yes, I'm just pulling random numbers outa my backside for this!)
With 3500 essences, it makes much more sense to gamble on the Purple Chest vs. the Dark Wood since in this example, Soggy will have many instances of opening that chest. Thus, the random variance will play far less into the results vs. just opening up say 3x Purple chests and declaring the 10% odds to be total BS!:rolleyes:

But if you want lots and lots of different dailies, then you're going to open yourself up to a far greater chance at being ganked by the RNG simply because you're only buying a small number of chests each time, meaning any good/poor luck will seem that much greater.

And of course, because all these events rely on RNG's, there's always the poor sods who end up in that 1-2% of the 'RNG-screwed' camp and will get nothing, despite hitting the 'statistical guarantee', because math is an evil, spiteful thing.:mad:

rvtdragon1

Sorry to jump in and change the subject but...

This came up in my FS and after having read this thread and checking GGofK can not seem to find the answer.

Is Pet Food stackable? And, if so, how does it affect the little birdies? Does it double(triple, whatever...) the duration effect? Or, does it double (triple, whatever...) the effect it has on the birdies?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is Pet Food stackable? And, if so, how does it affect the little birdies? Does it double(triple, whatever...) the duration effect? Or, does it double (triple, whatever...) the effect it has on the birdies?
Yes. Each feeding increases the duration by one unit. So it's a bad idea for the one that increases boosted goods (which is a terrible building anyway, IMO).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it's like 20% chance of rain vs 50 % chance of rain .. it may never rain or it may rain a lot
Right, but I bet it rains more often on those 50% days...

Probability can't be safely ignored. We rely on it for everything even if we don't think about it.
Have you ever driven through an Intersection on a green light? Pretty safe because 99.x% of the time other drivers stop on red.
The opposite also works: x% of the time if you run a red you will get hit. That's why we dont.
If you get hit going through a green that doesn't change anything, and it's still considered very safe to drive through a green.

DeletedUser22466

This thing of chests sucks... Been trying 10 times and always the little low chance ones to get just crpp. In the end this is a question of luck? for that I better play lottery! ...

rvtdragon1

Another question about the Fire Phoenix. If you use a Mage Multiplier or Light Range or whatever, will the effect from the Phoenix stack in addition to what they already do or replace what they do?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What about regular provinces on the World map? I think, unless you have a lot ready to do, it is sort of wasted.
Yeah, I don't think I'd use it for the provinces unless I had at least two fully scouted saved up to do.. On the other hand, I generally keep six-eight provinces scouted and unfinished for the next event., That might change now that they are allowing tournament encounters....

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I know the sequential quests were made much easier this time because of the introduction of the evolving buildings and Inno wanting as many players as possible to earn the Phoenix fragments, but even with minimal planning, I have finished all the sequential quests tonight on day 9 of 28, or about 10 or so days sooner than normal for my playstyle. I even sat and waited the entire 24 hours for the 9 toolbox quest and still got done this quickly. So for my feedback on this, it was definitely a nice change of pace and less stressful than previous events. Now I just sit and wait until days 13 and 15 and see how many Burning Pools and Wishing Wells I can get. :)

DeletedUser19801

CANNOT do without TomatoeHu spreadsheets... tried... it was NOT pretty...:D:D:D:D
wierd, why not? i did it with Gems of knolage list and finished in 5 days, and im on o&g (had to sucrefice some buildings for shops room) but im plank boosted so didnt needed alot of spot for them (1X2)