• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolving buildings

AussieChick

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if there is any advantage to upgrading a fully evolved building to the next chapter? It gives you the option to use Royal Restoration spells.
What is the advantage?

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
For me it depends on the items produced. If upgrading changes production to mana, seeds or sentient goods, then I’ll probably upgrade it. If the building only produces basic goods or is from an early chapter, then I’ll hold on to it until a better evolving building that produces higher amounts of goods or better goods comes along.

One distinct advantage is the evolving buildings not changing size or orientation when upgrading.*

AussieChick

TY but, how can I tell what the chapter upgrade gives you?
If the building is at level 10 and was built say in chapter 15, how can I tell what the advantage will be, to upgrade the building to chapter 16? (Sorry if I am dense)

Huor

If you click on the building and select upgrade, at least in the app, you can select the next chapter and it will show you what will be changed. If you need to see further out or see what different evolution's are like, then you will need to look at sites like elvengems.

Hawk1911

I think placing and upgrading evolving buildings is one of the most important things to do.

Evolving buildings, even the crappiest of the lot, are typically better than any standard building. Why? They provide a lot of "free" resources, in addition to the population and culture benefit. I'm sure you're saying "well Hawk, the free resources really isn't that much. Who cares about 6k t2 goods every 24 hours."

OK, at face value, you might be right. However, have you considered the cost of your goods from the factories? Each factory requires a huge amount of population, culture and supplies to produce goods. Think about how many "support buildings" that are required to run a single factory. Likely it's 2 or 3 residences, a few culture buildings (to support the residences), workshops for supplies, and all the roads to support all those buildings. In reality, your 16 square factory (or whatever the size really is) takes up over 70-80 squares to run it. (if you want accurate numbers, go read the forums, lol)

Back to Evolving Buildings. Any building that produces free goods, free population and free culture, is actually freeing up space in your city for other things. In the example I mentioned, the 6k t2 goods is approx. 25%-30% of daily production of a factory. Place 3 evolving buildings, you can then eliminate a factory AND ALL the support buildings, and save 50% of the land...

Now, once you become reliant on the evolving building producing a certain level of good, you may not want to upgrade it because it some buildings switch to seeds or mana. Make wise choices on what your production needs are for a balanced city. Additionally, there are a small handful of evolving buildings I do not upgrade, Fire Phoenix being one of those. I don't need more coins lol!

AussieChick

Hi Hawk,
Thanks or your reply.
I have every possible evolving building and everyone is at level 10
When I get to a new guest race, I have the choice to use Royal restoration spells to bring it to the new chapter I am in.
My question is,
If I have say, an evolving building at level 10 in chapter 17 Traders of Unur, (So fully upgraded).
I then reach chapter 18 Team spirit, and that fully upgraded evolving building gets an upgrade button.
I have to use Royal restoration spells to bring it p to team spirit.
There is nothing that shows the benefit of using so many RR spells. What do I get for it?
By The way I totally agree with you and have every evolving building I can.

Hawk1911

There is nothing that shows the benefit of using so many RR spells. What do I get for it?

Hi Aussiechick, when you are in the "upgrade" tab for your evolving building (in mobile, dont know what it looks like on PC), if you click on the chapter banner with the blue "i" icon at the bottom, it will tell you what the upgrade will give you. Or tell you what it's currently at.

DeletedUser29768

Hi Aussiechick, when you are in the "upgrade" tab for your evolving building (in mobile, dont know what it looks like on PC), if you click on the chapter banner with the blue "i" icon at the bottom, it will tell you what the upgrade will give you. Or tell you what it's currently at.
On PC, all you have to do is go to the upgrade tab and you can see the effect of upgrading displayed without clicking on anything.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
On PC, all you have to do is go to the upgrade tab and you can see the effect of upgrading displayed without clicking on anything.

Not for evolving buildings. With those, you still have to mouse over the chapter info to see the new numbers, and you have to mouse over the current chapter to see those numbers, so you can't just look and see a comparison, like normal buildings do.

DeletedUser29768

Not for evolving buildings. With those, you still have to mouse over the chapter info to see the new numbers, and you have to mouse over the current chapter to see those numbers, so you can't just look and see a comparison, like normal buildings do.
Oh, yeah, thanks for correcting me.