• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolving demand for different resources

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849402856
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849402856

I have a question about how the demand for different resources evolves over the gameplay.

In earlier chapters, only a few resources (standard goods + gold and supplies) are required for the spire, tournament, and general city progression (research, building upgrades, provinces, etc). In later chapters, other resources (orcs, mana, seeds, sentient goods, guest race resources) are introduced. I am wondering if the introduction of additional resources reduces the demand for earlier resources.

For example, suppose that in Chapter 5 an average player needs 5 x T1 manufactories, 3 x T2 manufactories, and 2 x T3 manufactories. Can the player reduce the number of these standard-good manufactories in later chapters because he/she no longers uses standard goods so much?

I am asking this question because I am contemplating getting some extra pieces of the Pilgrim set from this event. These set pieces are excellent producers of T1s, so replacing T1 manufactories with the set pieces would help me a lot for now. However, I am not sure if I will need such a huge amount of T1 goods in later chapters.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The number of factories needed does indeed go down, but the number of squares can remain more constant. The exception being hardcore caterers who buy a lot of expansions.

Much depends on playstyle too- a non-fighter will find that their city will plateau mid-game and so in order to progress they will switch to a hybrid build which, of course, changes everything.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
From what I have seen of the larger players in my fellowship, they lap up my tier 1 goods like crazy. Also, doesn't making sentient goods require standard goods?
Many large players will clean out the trader for their fellowship, no matter what. I clean out the trader in my FS at least once in the morning and once in the evening. When you have millions of everything (and I do), what is being offered and what is being requested really does not matter that much. And yes, making sentient goods does require regular goods. But sentient goods also require Divine Seeds. Seeds generally are the limiting factor for sentient goods, not how much regular goods you have.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
There are a variety of strategies regarding factory balances. If you don't have a collection of Evolving and set buildings, you may want to add in a tier 2 and tier 3 soon. These will grow and produce more, but you will need more as well.
By Sentient level some folks store regular factories and replace a couple original boosted with the new ones to make the population requirements balance out. It's nice to have resources, it makes your city more flexible.

Deleted User - 849402856

So based on what @SoggyShorts and @Henroo said, unless one is a pure caterer, it seems that the demand for T1 goods will indeed go down, leaving one to pile up lots of excess T1.

Gladiola

@Henroo I was referring to the trades of theirs that I take. I try to trade as much as I can, but they always want more marble!