• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolving Phoenix glitch update?

Risen Malchiah

This is in reference to the Glitch or Trap thread about how the presence of the Fire Phoenix seemed to make the tournaments more difficult. I was curious if there is an update from the original poster of that thread regarding the building's effect on the perceived difficulty for the silk tourney. The original thread seems to have disappeared.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is in reference to the Glitch or Trap thread about how the presence of the Fire Phoenix seemed to make the tournaments more difficult. I was curious if there is an update from the original poster of that thread regarding the building's effect on the perceived difficulty for the silk tourney. The original thread seems to have disappeared.
According to the all is now good, so make of that what you will ;)

DeletedUser1016

Hmm - yeah - the thread is gone? I tested it out on the silk tournament and everything seems fine - I did three [3] rounds on the first 20 provinces and the fire phoenix seems to be working. I only had to cater one [1] encounter because my troops were defeated, otherwise my troop losses were minimal to average, with plenty of troops for more rounds.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Weird that it's gone. It should have been archived. Maybe there was too much arguing, but even then I'd have expected a lock, not deletion.

DeletedUser14718

I have noticed as soon as I feed my bird I start to lose in battle, even the very first battles in the tourney. My Fire Phoenix is suppose to help 25% right now, but it seems to hurt me not help. I do better without it.

I was wondering if any others is noticing this?

DeletedUser20951

It has since been removed, but there was a thread opened about this by an experienced tournament player a few days ago. Before devolving into a lot of strutting and slights cast on both sides, the gist was that they, and some of their fellows, had noticed a significant increase in loss of troops after the fire bird was placed in their city during the previous tournament, even without being fed, but that everything was back to normal for the current tourney. With the issue raised, several have been testing the effect of the phoenix and most appear to be functioning as intended.

DeletedUser20951

Thanks.

I am still getting my butt kicked and I don't know why. I admit I am not the best, but I can usually do the first 3 stars easily. Now getting the first star is hard. And I can barely get to 3 stars now and if I use the pet food I can't. I die.
There was mention that disconnecting the chicken alleviated the problem, but I'm not sure if that might help in your case or not, due to the feeding scaling up the difficulty, which is different from what was happening to the other poster. Either way, you'll get a lot of feedback claiming the results are due to a lack of tournament mechanics understanding, not the red thing, but I believe you.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thanks. I will try disconnecting it.

So because my bird ups my troops health 25% does that mean the "Shady Characters" health goes up 25% as well? The description does say "about even" for like troops.

No, the phoenix does not hurt combat. It may make you overconfident and and go beyond the point you should, but it does not harm combat. The enemy health/damage is unaffected. The number of enemies is unaffected. The auto-fight AI is and has been terrible, especially in fights where you are using melee troops. Remember that with the phoenix your ratio of attack to HP has changed.

Pheryll

Set Designer
due to the feeding scaling up the difficulty
The feeding does not increase the difficulty. Building training ground and mercenary camps do not increase the difficulty. Those who are arguing against the fire phoenix are citing an action that has little to do with anything. Feeding the phoenix adds 5% per evolution level to your attack strength; it has no impact on anything else. Keep in mind that people have only used the phoenix for two tournaments at most, and those that thought it was broken on one have reported the opposite on the other.

The Unbeliever

The feeding does not increase the difficulty. Building training ground and mercenary camps do not increase the difficulty. Those who are arguing against the fire phoenix are citing an action that has little to do with anything. Feeding the phoenix adds 5% per evolution level to your attack strength; it has no impact on anything else. Keep in mind that people have only used the phoenix for two tournaments at most, and those that thought it was broken on one have reported the opposite on the other.
I think things were also heavily skewed due to the 'first' tournament people were using the new Red Chocobos was the asinine Scrolls tourney which is 110% rigged entirely against the players due to;
a) the enemy has 0 weaknesses, so there's no viable 'counter unit' for you to bring - anything you bring is auto hard-countered in return... as well, the enemy is 100% ranged, so, enjoy the dreaded alpha strike BS too!
b) the terrain generator seems to go into full-on "feth-you" mode and many of the fights are actually unwinnable as there's just no way to overcome all the ganky barriers. (some are so bad that even your own ranged units are screwed!)
c) the AI is beyond stupid when using your units, but it's an absolute genius when controlling the Shady Characters.

Silk is probably the easiest of the 'moderate' difficulty tournaments, though Humans will have more trouble vs. Elves. (mainly due to Pallies being hosed by crappy anti-light infantry stats)
More telling I think will be if/how much they help out with the 'moderate' difficulty tourneys such as Plank, Elixir & Dust.

I haven't put my own birdie down yet, but those in my fellowships who have seem to be finding that they're working as intended now. :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Thank you @Fairy Dust ! That was a really good Q&A that I didn't even know they were doing. I usually watch them live. Can't wait to see some of what they hinted at :cool:

Adding: I used Fire Phoenix for first time today. I did not feel like they were harder at all. I'm wondering whether there is an unrealistic expectation. Since all of the Phoenixes special boosts are on base values I'm thinking people might be expecting % of boost compared to their normal. Problem is that a lot of us already have AW effects on troops that do not have the Phoenix boost on top of that.