• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Excess Runes shards for completed wonders, useless?

gernsey

Still fairly new to the game, Currently chapter 3, completed and built my Golden Abyss wonder. Now i have some excess rune shards for my golden abyss.

Are these excess rune shards for completed wonders ever useful? Will i eventually unlock something that lets me turn them into broken shards?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The broken rune shards are universal and can be used to forge a Rune for any wonder. You can break runes for GA to forge a rune for Needles for example.

hvariidh gwendrot

you get broken shards to make rune shards .. 10 broken shards make 1 rune shard .. when you look at the rune wheel to the right you see rune shards on top then the line to fill in under it for the broken shards

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
How do you break the runes? i don't see any option for that
All AW's share that one broken shards bar. Any forged rune from this bar is guaranteed to fit into the AW open when you forge it without breaking.
You go into any AW (I choose one I don't plan to build) and insert runes into the wheel, some of them will break. When the broken shards bar is full (10), close that AW, open the one you want the rune for and forge the rune. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
*Note: once the 'breaking runes' AW wheel is complete, the only way to get that wheel back to empty and able to be used again is to build it, wait until construction completes and then sell it. It will return to your inventory with an empty wheel.
Using GA (Golden Abyss) and ToS (Tome of Secrets) as examples (any AW's will work):
The GA is the one I want to build, I've placed all my GA runes and forged runes where I could and still need 3 runes to complete the wheel. I'm not planning to build ToS, but I have a lot of ToS runes. Go into ToS, insert runes, breaking some of them until the broken shards bar is full. Close ToS, open GA, forge rune. Repeat. Now, my ToS rune wheel is full, but I have more ToS runes and I still need one more rune to build my GA. Build ToS, then sell it (canceling the construction won't work). Open ToS, insert runes again. Once broken shards bar is full, close ToS, open GA, forge the final rune and build it.
Yes, it's clunky. But it works...

defiantoneks

the build & break method is very handy when you get farther along, and are trying to build or upgrade something that not many players have (which would of course allow you to earn some of their rune rewards by contributing to their AW).
So even the "useless" wonders you elect not to build and upgrade/keep are still useful. when you're short on Timewarp runes, for example, go through and build out the ones you have tons (say, more than 20) runes for. usually the einars embassy or other introductory AWs have the most runes available. build delete rebuild. voila, now you've got at least a fresh rune or two that can be applied to a totally different AW.

OIM20

Are these excess rune shards for completed wonders ever useful?
These can also be used in some crafting recipes. I know there's at least one recipe for AWKP 15 in the MA that uses shards. Very nice for when you're full on shards and don't have a rune phase to put them in and you've at that point in the tourney where you're winning more shards when you complete the battle/cater round.