• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Excess tournament badges

Alram

Flippers just flip
I think you mean fellowship adventure badges.?
We can already control how many badges we make and we can purchase missing badges with diamonds.

elvenbee

I think you mean fellowship adventure badges.?
We can already control how many badges we make and we can purchase missing badges with diamonds.
We can, but a lot of times we make more than we need to ensure we complete the entire level. It would be nice if we got additional points or if they rolled over to the next FA, because not everyone can spend money on diamonds and they save it for other game aspects. Ya girl's on a budget lol

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I think you mean FA badges too. That, or if they rolled over to the next FA!
Lol the old Spell badges had a rollover, the ones that were
Collect a PoP spell and gain 100 silk
Collect a MM spell and gain 100 planks
Collect EE spell and gain 100 elixir

You could hold a spell for two of them at the end of the old one and then just pick up 2 trades when you cycled past them (while putting the quest givers back in order if you're OCD like me) during the next FA.

Ah memories; I'd say good times, but, really, it's great that I don't feel compelled to create order out of chaos.

Count Rupert

Isn't the point of the pit to allow you to get rid of your excess badges and gain some points for them? We just don't treat it that way.

elvenbee

Isn't the point of the pit to allow you to get rid of your excess badges and gain some points for them? We just don't treat it that way.
To a certain extent, yes. The excess badges you have may not match up with the pit badges though. We always end up doing the pit on the last day only, so we don't have time to craft new badges and still get stuck with leftover badges.

StarLoad

To a certain extent, yes. The excess badges you have may not match up with the pit badges though. We always end up doing the pit on the last day only, so we don't have time to craft new badges and still get stuck with leftover badges.
That is the norm since the pit started 1 or 2 badges with cause the pit rounds to stop and that is what happens in most FS's from like the rank 50 and higher I would guess, I mean that 2-hour time instant is a super prize to get.

Ed

elvenbee

That is the norm since the pit started 1 or 2 badges with cause the pit rounds to stop and that is what happens in most FS's from like the rank 50 and higher I would guess, I mean that 2-hour time instant is a super prize to get.

Ed
We aren't that high ranking, but that's how its been for us. Haha, it's more of getting a higher rank for the FS points and such for us, not the rewards. It would still be nice to get additional points for the excess badges.

Alram

Flippers just flip
We aren't that high ranking, but that's how its been for us. Haha, it's more of getting a higher rank for the FS points and such for us, not the rewards. It would still be nice to get additional points for the excess badges.
If everyone gets credit for extra badges, wouldn't the rankings/rewards stay the same? What would stop people from overproducing on purpose?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I think you mean FA badges too. That, or if they rolled over to the next FA!
This one always sounds good on paper, but you would absolutely hate it if it were implemented. As stated above, the top FS are making badges for the Pit from the start. If you allow badges to rollover from one FA to the next, yeah, they are just going to run an even bigger margin away from the rest of the pack because they will have the largest glut of all badge types to rollover. The total leftover badges one fellowship has might not be even how many leftover Guard badges one of the top FS has. Even among the top FS, there is a big jump between 50k to 80k to 120k scores. Therefore, if you pool just the top 5 from each server compete against each other, some would still get annihilated. When you put it in perspective, you would prob not want the ability to rollover their badges.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
you would absolutely hate it
Inno clearly hates the idea, lol! FA's were originally released with the ability for all badges to carry over to the next FA. Beta players immediately screamed about the potential for abuse. Some beta players were like 'no, if everyone can do it, it's not abuse'. Inno collected data & confirmed there was an issue. They saw it as such a huge deal they delayed the next event to launch an FA version with that ability removed. I haven't seen Inno veering from their scheduled releases very often. Here's a link to the CM post on beta forum in August 2017 prior to the 2nd FA launch there. It says, in part:

"... Something which we can already share, is that the ability to store Adventure Items for future FA rounds will disappear. You have already shared your concerns about this and our data has also proved that quite some active Fellowships were indeed doing this, leading to such a head start in a next Adventure that other Fellowships would have a hard time catching up...This will by the way, mean that the Masquerade pt 2 will be delayed...

defiantoneks

i wouldn't want carryover badges. Exactly as described, yes some FS would really go to town and the NEXT "competition" would be pointless.
Plus, what would happen to badges "stored" by players who move?

I'd really like to just see each badge worth X points to be dropped randomly to the pit. Maximize the use so none go to waste. No more 5 of this and 5 of that etc. Just Player X dropped 2 BS, 7 Brews, 9 Wonders and so forth. Assign each badge a value and count it up. I'd even be fine with removing Guards and Wonders from counting, since they can really be made at will.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I dislike the FA more than most, but the current pit makes sense to me.*

Planning and organizing who will make what badges so that your team can get the most points seems to be the whole point of the pit.
If your team just makes badges willy nilly then you end up with a bunch of leftover crap.

If you were allowed to simply dump any badge into the pit by itself for points, then players would only make the easiest badges (for them) and no teamwork would be required at all.

*Full disclosure: I don't do much in the FA because the reward: effort ratio makes no sense to me, but the suggestions for "improving" the pit don't seem to improve it IMO

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It would probably help to look at it from the developers' point of view. The FA doesn't exist to create an even distribution of prizes, it exists to incentivize diamond sales.

No Fellowship who is not a top-tier competitor will like saved badges.

If saved badges are possible here is my prediction:
  • A few fellowships will have half a dozen cycle-cities who have no value to them. During each FA, the off-cycle cities will produce hundreds of badges, possible thousands, and use none of them.
  • The next FA, those half-dozen cities will replace a different set and immediately start with enough badges to complete the adventure and accumulate tens of thousands of extra points, while the cities they replaced start producing badges for the next FA, so they can cycle back in. They might even have three sets, so each set can produce badges for two FAs which are not used and have twice as many when they start their turn.
  • Virtually everyone else will be even more unhappy than they are now.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think it would be nice if the pit was a place where you could dump all your excess badges ... and each badge would be worth a different number of points depending upon what it was and how hard it was to acquire. That way we could avoid people making all easy badges, but we would also get credit for them.

It's too logical, lol; so most people would never go for it. :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think it would be nice if the pit was a place where you could dump all your excess badges ... and each badge would be worth a different number of points depending upon what it was and how hard it was to acquire. That way we could avoid people making all easy badges, but we would also get credit for them.

It's too logical, lol; so most people would never go for it. :p
I agree, and have proposed before. Stop the whole pit cycle and just let us dump our badges. Assing each badge a point value, and let people dump everything. Have the badge value ramp up based on the length of the badge so that their is an incentive to long term badges over thousands of brews and the competition continues, while allowing each group to play via their strengths.