• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expanded Fellowship Size

Would you like a Fellowship to be larger? If so, by how much ?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Hello, it seems that the Fellowship idea has really taken off.

However, the maximum size of 25 folks seems a bit low.

One can get around that by creating a second Fellowship that is a "sister" of the first, and so on, however, the communication and trading links will be severed, or at least, diminished.

I propose the Fellowship size be expanded to at least 50 folks, if not more.

Thank you !

DeletedUser61

I'd much rather see vibrant Neighborhoods, so I'm reluctant to support features that will create wastelands on the World Map. 25 per Fellowship provides plenty of trading opportunities, and especially so because you can replace low activity fellows, even if they have a premium account.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind having a few more slots, but I'd probably only stretch it to 40. With 9 goods and 9 different boost combinations assigned to players, a well-balanced fellowship can currently only have, on average, 5 to 10 members producing any given good and only 3 of almost all boost combinations (and 2 each of 2 combinations). If you push it out to 40 you can fit 4 of each combination with a handful of slots left over. My only complaint with the current size limit is that the membership list itself becomes strategically limited and limiting. Even though I was lucky to be invited into a high-rank fellowship, there are still relative shortages of 3 goods in particular (i.e. 3 or 4 members producing); 5 to 15 more slots would provide the flexibility so that one person with a particular boost combination wouldn't be as much of an economic linchpin or bottleneck.

DeletedUser

well, if u can do 40, can you stretch it to 50, and agree to that?

DeletedUser684

I think I would say no too. I'm new to the game, but I see no reason to increase the Fellowship size. I'm not sure about the math you're using of "all the possible combinations." There are 27 different combinations, by my count (3c1x3c1x3c1). The bottom line, though, the combinations don't really matter. If everyone in the Fellowship is at a level that produces all tiers, then there will be roughly 8 people producing each trade good in your Fellowship of 25 people. If you are running short, then shop in your neighborhood. It keeps the "Discovered" aspect important for each position if NOT everything can be done in your Fellowship. I would even perhaps vote to reduce the number to 21.

DeletedUser511

Last thing I want to do is come into 50 notices and 50 towns I have to repay back.

DeletedUser

My fellowship is to the max now, I vote yes to increase our numbers to 50 or 70. Would also be cool if we could do some research as a group to increase things like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I had to refresh my browser 5 times to help my fellowship this morning. I don't relish the thought of doing it 10 times just for daily help rounds.

DeletedUser511

Thats my thought as well. Maybe if we only seen the buildings that we can help it would take the strain off the comps.

DeletedUser

I am sure with updates, the refreshing issue on helping others will be better

DeletedUser684

I just want to hear an explanation of what would be accomplished with 50 people that can't be accomplished with 25. Is it so you don't have to be as active? Is it so someone else can carry the weight so you can rest on your laurels? Increasing the fellowship size will only increase apathy, and decrease the intimacy and interdependence of the group. If you aren't happy with the 25 people in your group, then maybe it's because you aren't doing your part to encourage each other. Start being more active, and start using your chat. Bigger is NOT better. You aren't trying to build an Army, you are building a company of companions. That doesn't even begin to broach the issue of the "biggest" fellowships trying to hoard all of the best people. I say spread the wealth. Smaller groups force the more advanced players to spread out and help others, instead of just helping themselves. Unless someone can give concrete reasons why the number should increase, other than just being selfish and competitive, then my answer will remain a resounding "NO."

DeletedUser511

I would HATE to have two to three times as many towns to visit.

DeletedUser626

Increasing the fellowship size will only increase apathy, and decrease the intimacy and interdependence of the group. Bigger is NOT better. You aren't trying to build an Army, you are building a company of companions. "

Good point Omidawn. i'm happy with the well thought out limit the developers set.

From the July Q&A - on Fellowship size of 25
What is the reason for limiting the size of Fellowships to 25 members specifically? I get a limit in general, but 25 is too small when accounting for less active players, those lower levels, and with the same boosts as you etc, and will mean only a few people you'll actually get to trade with. And, is there a way to alter the amount of members in a Fellowship?

There is currently no way for the player to extend the limit of 25 members. We also discussed this number internally a lot. What we really want to achieve with the Fellowships, is that every player can be part of a vivid community. Now, the bigger the community gets, the less personal it gets, the less important is your own part within that community. In other games, bigger Guilds tend to have lots of inactive members, and oftentimes, even the active members don't know which members have left the game and which they can still rely on. That's why we choose a relative low limit of 25, to keep the group members closer together. To give more importance to every single one of your Fellows. We want your Fellowship to be personal!

DeletedUser

excellent discussion, thank you.

BTW, with the new windows edge, the need to refresh yr page when you help others does not happen.

DeletedUser

I'd like to see fellowships be upgradeable, rather than simply having a size increase. This will also give high-level players something else to work toward, and a point to all the goods they reap.

I support the idea of increased membership, but not the method.

DeletedUser1027

I TRULY hope they do not expand the Fellowship Size. I think 25 is perfect! I have 3 towns in all 3 worlds and belong to 3 full Fellowships. I can easily chat, trade AND visit all my Fellowship members. If the size is increased, I can see me running into time issues AND I can see where people would start saying, "Oh forget it - taking too much time."

I hope they leave it as it is. I voted NO on this one!

DeletedUser

I changed my vote to no, because now that we have 3 worlds and running 3 fellowships, 25 members each is perfect. :D

DeletedUser1094

I vote NO. When you have bigger guilds or fellowships it becomes difficult for the appointed bosses to watch over. 25 fellowship members is nice and from what I can see is is few have many members while the rest have fewer than 10 members or their not ready to join one. Dominance isn't the name of this game and having 50 or more fellowship members can turn this into such a game But I am just one voice.