• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expansion Awards in FA or Spire

DeletedUser27413

Just think of it... who would not want an expansion award? Eh?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The problem is that there are no spare expansions just laying around to be given out as prizes. Every single possible expansion you see around your city is already coded as either gotten from research, scouting, or buying with diamonds. So the only ones they could ever give away are the ones we have to pay for. And Inno is way too stingy a company to ever do that.

Deleted User - 1178646

The problem is that there are no spare expansions just laying around to be given out as prizes. Every single possible expansion you see around your city is already coded as either gotten from research, scouting, or buying with diamonds. So the only ones they could ever give away are the ones we have to pay for. And Inno is way too stingy a company to ever do that.

It is possible, there is already a special expansion that is sold to some new players. it's some expensive offer that includes a few expansions (3?5? and then a builder, some units and whatever)
These expansions go to your inventory and can be used to unlock a premium expansion slot, best part they do NOT raise your diamond cost.

So yes it's possible.

Now back to reality, with premium residences/workshops they already give more than we ever expected. you also get a potential bucketloads of diamonds out of the spire

While it's great to ask for the the jackpot, it makes no sense to ask for it.
You do not go to a car dealer and ask if he/she is willing to give you that austin martin worth $200K+ for free just because you are some nice person.
You can guess the answer to that question, asking for expansions in the spire is similar. it's asking for too much.

aoldizzyTIM

I am beginning to see that with these so called new features for the FA, for those who have play for longer periods its nothing but for new players its a SLAP in the face. Trying to force us to pay to play both in tournment and regular play and here i was just getting to the point were i could play the tournament with using up all my resources. Same song on every game on the internet who cares about the NEWER PLAYERS

Iyapo1

I am beginning to see that with these so called new features for the FA, for those who have play for longer periods its nothing but for new players its a SLAP in the face. Trying to force us to pay to play both in tournment and regular play and here i was just getting to the point were i could play the tournament with using up all my resources. Same song on every game on the internet who cares about the NEWER PLAYERS
The new badges are great for new players and great for advanced players stuck in chapter. The new paths as set out offer a road through for fighters, caterers, slumlords and guest race hosters.

What more do you want?

As for pay to play....in this game the only thing you have to pay for is your own impatience. Pay or earn diamonds in the spire, or play without diamonds which some people have done for years.

shimmerfly

here i was just getting to the point were i could play the tournament with using up all my resources. Same song on every game on the internet who cares about the NEWER PLAYERS
The older players do care about the newer ones or we wouldn't still be here.
As @Iyapo1 said, it's about patience and this is not a fast game unless you pay to play it so. You don't have to.
Maybe try thinking of it as a challenge and sit back a little? we were all newer players at one time and some have been here for 4+ years.
It's requires more and more resources to advance in the game so it's a balance and thankfully continues to be a challenge.
Hope you enjoy!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Whoa there @aoldizzyTIM
It's not easy for us! There is a lot that has changed. Inno kept 5 badge names and changed the conditions under which they are eligible for collection.

Tourney is a dance, check Hat badge, check spell provinces, clear one, check Marble and Ghost Bottle, check for correct # of relics, clear province, collect badge, rinse and repeat a few times ..

DeletedUser27413

<chuckles> Thanks, guys (and dolls) for brilliantly expansive responses. It seems the good Doctor was right. There are NO simple questions if you want a CONCISE answer. He had examples, but I will spare you as they are not even remotely associated with this game. My point is, you have proven his point, which was essentially to be ever so careful with the postulating.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the idea of things being free. In fact, everything should be free. If it were all building would cost nothing and we'd all have magic this's and magic that's. We'd all have all expansions. We'd all have endless supplies of instants. And we'd all never run out of anything. How sweet that would be! But of course at that poing nobody would be playing Elvenar for three reasons. First, no challenge equals no fun. Second, too much challenge means no fun. And third, no Inno means no Elvenar. And if you miss the right level of challenge often enough there will be no Inno and no Elvenar.

Right now it seems to me the challenge is about right for the largest group of players. So no radical changes will probably be made to that formula.

Just some ideas in response to the OP.

AJ