• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

expansion

Mrteddybear

I just started playing about 4 days ago. I'm finding I'm at a standstill when it comes to expanding. I can't battle or fulfill negotiation requests due to lack of resources and battle strength. I was clipping along just fine doing quests until I got one that requires several workshops and residences. Unfortunately I'm out of building space and have come to a standstill. Other than buying diamonds, I can't see my way out of this. Any advice to a newbie would be much appreciated.

Iyapo1

This is a game of limited space. You can buy extra space, but even that has a hard cap.

Basically it is about running your city in your limited space. You will get more space in the tech tree and by completing provinces. So just by continuing you will gain more space. But your city will forever be too small to do everything!

Any quest with a cancel button can and should be canceled unless you just want to do it.

Every single quest in the game will develope a cancel button if you ignore it until you are in the next chapter

Mrteddybear

This is a game of limited space. You can buy extra space, but even that has a hard cap.

Basically it is about running your city in your limited space. You will get more space in the tech tree and by completing provinces. So just by continuing you will gain more space. But your city will forever be too small to do everything!

Any quest with a cancel button can and should be canceled unless you just want to do it.

Every single quest in the game will develope a cancel button if you ignore it until you are in the next chapter
Thanks! I'll be waiting for that cancel button. I really liked the quests.

DeletedUser29768

If you're smart about managing space in your city, it should actually be possible to complete all the non-declinable quests with no problem. When you're at a standstill like you describe, it's probably time to look at revamping your layout. Jack Luyt has produced some great guidelines for space optimization.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29287

@Mrteddybear you wouldn’t have happened to join a fellowship? If not, can you screen grab your city with the city ready to be rearranged. Where your city is in the lighter green space with lots of dark green space surrounding it.

What chapter are you in?

Mrteddybear

@Mrteddybear you wouldn’t have happened to join a fellowship? If not, can you screen grab your city with the city ready to be rearranged. Where your city is in the lighter green space with lots of dark green space surrounding it.

What chapter are you in?
Not sure what you mean. Just started chapter ll

Mrteddybear

If you're smart about managing space in your city, it should actually be possible to complete all the non-declinable quests with no problem. When you're at a standstill like you describe, it's probably time to look at revamping your layout. Jack Luyt has produced some great guidelines for space optimization.
Definitely checking this out. Too bad you can't store things while rearranging :)

DeletedUser29768

Definitely checking this out. Too bad you can't store things while rearranging :)
Later you'll get teleport spells to place buildings back in your inventory, but right now it hopefully won't hurt you too much to sell a few things (start with roads). Whenever you get an expansion in the future, you'll want to take the opportunity to rearrange using that extra space.

Another tool you'll find very useful is a site called ElvenArchitect; it allows you to try out various layouts without actually changing your city. I highly recommend you use it.

Good luck with your city-building!

HonuMoana

Sometimes you just have to sit around and collect your buildings for awhile until you can move forward again.

This is a 110% true. In a way, this game can be kind. It may be telling you, time for a break, go walk the dog, or play with the cat.

However, I can also assure you there is probably a good way around the pickle you are in.

1) Don't ever get attached to your buildings. They are resources. You can sell them and build new ones at will.

2) Don't be a slave to the quests. The game has a rather wicked and stoic sense of humor at times. Just because it throws a quest at you, doesn't mean you need to do it. I will add that later on in the game the chapter quests especially can be quite helpful. I am not saying ignore them completely. I am saying make up your own mind about them.

3) Now is the time to look at your big picture. What do you want to do here? How do you want your city to look? This game has beautiful rich graphics and it gives you a LOT of control over them. Why not take advantage of that?

4) This is a slow game. I like that about it.

5) Look up "Spiral Design" here. It could make all the difference for you.

Finally, roadblocks like this one are part of the bones of this game. Overcoming them successfully can lead to big fun. Been there done that.

Have FUN!

Mrteddybear

Later you'll get teleport spells to place buildings back in your inventory, but right now it hopefully won't hurt you too much to sell a few things (start with roads). Whenever you get an expansion in the future, you'll want to take the opportunity to rearrange using that extra space.

Another tool you'll find very useful is a site called ElvenArchitect; it allows you to try out various layouts without actually changing your city. I highly recommend you use it.

How do I sell a road? I tried tapping it but didn't get a $

DeletedUser29768

PC/browser - Bottom middle next to "move" button is "$" button.
Mobile - should be simmilar/same, look for "$" button.
Also keep in mind that you won't get anything back when you sell a road; you're just making space.

BrinDarby

MrTeddyBear ,
Joining 4 days ago, in the middle of an event is tough...
consider the Panda Event moot, but try and get 1-2 daily prizes.

Personal tasks as others have said are skippable...
Whatever ya do, don't upgrade your MainHall everytime the game
wants you to, waste of pop/culture you need elsewhere @ ur stage.

CH I/II are kinda brutal, once ya get into CH III, you can chill for a few
weeks gett'n yourself setup to move fwd. A fellowship will help, for
the simple fact thats 20+ ppl to trade with (no fee), or get a loan from....
Most FSs will help CH 1/2 players get to 3, cause then the game opens
up for the player, and then that player becomes usefull to a FS (Fellowship).

As far as Events then the FA goes, Consider RedPanda event as a learning
experience, you came in so late, its not very usefull otherwise... The FA
(fellowship adventure) that follows just gets you 2 more artifacts ( if )
you're in a FS before the FA starts, and its a 1/2 way decent FS....lol

I'd be looking @ getting into CH3, then take a break... you should be
by then, able to do well in the next Event... Plan ahead, and try and use
that event to earn bldgs as an anchor for your city.

By taking a break or chill'n , I mean maximize bldgs per research, build
a nest egg of resources so ur not paycheck->paycheck there, basically
use CH3 to get a solid foundation for your city before you move fwd.