• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expansions

DeletedUser20277

Why is there not more expansions in scouting? If you have to keep scouting to get all the relics you need, why not have more expansions to purchase with coin, not diamonds. The diamond expansion buy is a ripoff. I currently have 538 provinces scouted, my last expansion I think was at 400.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Why is there not more expansions in scouting? If you have to keep scouting to get all the relics you need, why not have more expansions to purchase with coin, not diamonds. The diamond expansion buy is a ripoff. I currently have 538 provinces scouted, my last expansion I think was at 400.
Inno isn't a charity, it's a business. The only thing that is truly limited in the game is real estate, so it is always gong to be the most valuable.

DeletedUser25392

31 premium exp's cost 172,850 diamonds, 11,000 diamonds cost £75 so you need to spend close to £1200 for all premium expansions
I also play FOE and there you get 37 premium expansions needing only 30,600 diamonds, same cost 11,000 diamonds for £75, so the difference of £1,000 for more expansions...
So I think the numbers speak for themselves. Lower expansion costs and I'm sure more will pay £200 than £1200.
Just a thought.

rvtdragon1

What about those who have paid for premium expansions in the past? I will admit I have purchased some. Do those players all get a rebate of diamonds? (This is, of course, assuming the cost would be lowered. Which will NEVER, EVER happen.)

NightshadeCS

Hmmm....I get the relics I need from the tournament, not the provinces.

I also have several expansions purchased with diamonds I have gained from wishing Wells and Spire encounters. I have spent money once (a modest amount), mostly because I felt bad playing a free game this much. I also waited for a 100% sale offer (getting double the diamonds for my investment).

DeletedUser3621

Nobody pays with money anymore. It's worthless currency - the real money is hidden away. But it would be nice to see expansions come back.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
The expansions have not gone anywhere, so they cannot just "come back". As with any games, there are free things....and there are things you buy with real-life money. If you have reached the cap of the number of free things allowed and you want the luxury of having more of those free things, you have to spend money. The developers are not opposed to offering additional free expansions as the game continues to grow. There was clear evidence of this with the Elvenar chapter, where players were allowed to have an additional free expansion. With many chapters to come, I imagine there will be random expansion offerings.

As with everything, your patience is required

Xelenia

Last edited:

CUTMAN

Inno needs to put expansions back on the world map . I need 36 expansions to fill out my city map and only 3 are available in the last 2 chapters . Buying those expansions would cost me thousands of dollars . I realize Inno is a business but I could buy a hundred Xbox or Nintendo games and completely updated equipment and never have to deal with Inno again for what those expansions would cost . Inno is being exceedingly greedy .
All I see as a result of their greed is the loss of long time players fed up with Innos greed . As the Archmage of a fellowship for over 4 years I watch player after player quit because they refuse to waste car payments , rent or grocery money to buy an expansion . And don't give me that ' they knew diamonds were part of the game ' excuse . Inno advertises Elvenar as a FREE GAME . But in truth the entire game is geared towards forcing players to buy diamonds to get ahead .

Alpha Lyrae

And unlike many other similar games, Elvenar is perfectly playable with exactly zero spending of real money.

I can speak from experience in another game that is also "free" to play. In that game, a non-paying player cannot compete. They just can't. Elvenar is much different. Sure you could spend and, maybe, grow faster? Maybe have more magic residences/workshops? But then what? You spend money to get to the end of the game faster? For those who can't or don't want to pay, Elvenar is challenging, yet not impossible.

Besides, why would they give us all of the expansions now when more chapters are coming and, likely, more expansions?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I need 36 expansions to fill out my city map and only 3 are available in the last 2 chapters .

Those expansions are reserved for paying customers and have never been available for free players. If you had spent a fortune on those you would be pretty mad if they let people get them for free. So some expansions are reserved for premium players.

As it is now there are enough free diamonds and even a chance of magic buildings for free players that there is an awful lot people can do even in the "premium" space without actually spending any money.

Another thing to bear in mind is the game is based and balanced around the free player and their expansions. They have also given us an idea of how many expansions they expect at certain stages of the game. If your at max expansions I believe you are above that expectation so space really should not be that big an issue, in terms of progressing in the game. It is a bit of a myth to think you must have more space to continue, often it is a matter of reexamining ones current plan and adjusting to the new challenge.

Last edited: