• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expansions

DeletedUser3223

I know that there are a cap on expansions, and the rest needs to be bought with diamonds. Here is the problem with most players, the expansions are expensive and increase every time you buy one. I have been playing for about 4 years now, and have maxed out the number of provinces that I can get. The last expansion that I bought was by saving diamonds from the wishing wells, but those to expire and have had a couple expire in less than a week. It also takes forever to save enough diamonds, especially when you can not count on the wishing wells to give you diamonds. I am on constructs, and I have already researched my second to last expansion (which the next is in Elvanar chapter). There should be a way for players that can't afford to buy diamonds, to be able to get expansions through the world map. How hard can it be? You have a set amount of expansions that a person can get, and once they have done that, then put in a safety for those who buy, will know when it is their last one to place. This is not a fair way for players, especially now with what is going on with Covid-19, to not have the resources to place expansions. There are tons of people who just can't keep buying diamonds, and need the extra space.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There is no requirement to buy diamonds anywhere in this game, and from my understanding, there never will be. You can even reach the end without buying diamonds, from what others already there have said. The creative use of space is the most intriguing aspect of the game. It isn't meant to be easy. You are right; there are tons of people who can't afford diamonds, and so they simply play within their constricts and enjoy many aspects of Elvenar without paying. They may never get all the perks that paying players do, but they'll still have a beautiful and functional city, if they plan well. Inno is a business that offers its product free but with optional perks, such as extra space, which they make their bread and butter on. They have no reason to give all of their most valuable asset away for free. If games did that, they wouldn't be in business for long and you and I wouldn't be enjoying this game now. So enjoy the game as it is, and be glad it's here. That's what I do. :)

AtaguS

I am on constructs, and I have already researched my second to last expansion (which the next is in Elvanar chapter). There should be a way for players that can't afford to buy diamonds, to be able to get expansions through the world map. How hard can it be? You have a set amount of expansions that a person can get, and once they have done that, then put in a safety for those who buy, will know when it is their last one to place.
Are you saying you have reached a point in the game where you are out of room to place expansions in your city...or that you have reached the end of all worldmap and tech-tree offered expansions? I must say it would be a bummer to reach a point in this game where growth is just no longer possible...isn't the point of playing to keep growing?

This is not a fair way for players, especially now with what is going on with Covid-19, to not have the resources to place expansions. There are tons of people who just can't keep buying diamonds, and need the extra space.
I'm not hearing @Starhine say the reason Inno ought to provide more earnable expansions is this virus...rather just an observation that more people are home playing now than before and reaching the game's limit on growth during this time would be a major disappointment.

DeletedUser3223

Hello,

You already have access to gain expansion through world map. The game will also not give out free expansion because it's Covid-19. I will not push this suggestion forward.

Xelenia
Well maybe I shouldn't have said because of Covid 19. I have like 37 place-able expansions, which one I need to research in the last chapter. It's just seems since-less to me to have expansions that I will never be able to buy with diamonds, and I am not the only one. There are so many players that couldn't afford to buy that many expansions. I believe that the developers should know that there is a set amount of expansions and can keep track of the expansions placed whether they are done by completing provinces or with diamonds. Sure there are people out there that can buy as many diamonds as they see fit, but for most, people simply can not afford to buy countless diamonds to purchase the expansions. I placed the extra expansion that they provided when they added the Elvanar chapter a long time ago. Simply put, people want and need expansions, especially since they made these portals and portal buildings so very big taking up tons of room in the cities.

DeletedUser11764

Well maybe I shouldn't have said because of Covid 19. I have like 37 place-able expansions, which one I need to research in the last chapter. It's just seems since-less to me to have expansions that I will never be able to buy with diamonds, and I am not the only one. There are so many players that couldn't afford to buy that many expansions. I believe that the developers should know that there is a set amount of expansions and can keep track of the expansions placed whether they are done by completing provinces or with diamonds. Sure there are people out there that can buy as many diamonds as they see fit, but for most, people simply can not afford to buy countless diamonds to purchase the expansions. I placed the extra expansion that they provided when they added the Elvanar chapter a long time ago. Simply put, people want and need expansions, especially since they made these portals and portal buildings so very big taking up tons of room in the cities.

This has been an ongoing complaint/suggestion. You do not need more expansions then they give you in order to play the game. You just need to plan wisely and keep upgrading your AWs to give extra help. It has been mentioned many times by Inno that they want players to focus on smaller, strong cities then large ones due to the slowness of many players older computers to download (people who can't afford to buy new computers).

Also, many players are no longer building large amounts of guest race buildings due to the free portal profit instants you can get.

I believe Inno is pretty generous in all they give out, you have several ways to get free diamonds, the variety of instants, and buildings that they all give for free. I play games that don't allow you any free "money", and don't give out ways to help you have an easier time.

Inno does have to pay their staff to keep this game running and having the incentive of being able to buy expansions is a big one for many players.

My 2 cents anyway.

NightshadeCS

While not everyone can afford to buy diamonds, some people can, and that is how Inno is able to continue paying its employees who work on this game. If they let all of the non-paying players have all of the same expansions as the paying ones, what would be the incentive for anyone to buy?

Space is THE currency in Elvenar. If they gave it all away for free, we wouldn't have a game.

@Starhine, I took a look at your city on Winy and there is more than enough room for the buildings you need. You may prefer to have a more interesting aesthetic city than a purely efficient one, and that is your choice. You may have to squeeze things in a bit, or forsake a few older bits, if you want to progress through the chapters, though.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have like 37 place-able expansions, which one I need to research in the last chapter. It's just seems since-less to me to have expansions that I will never be able to buy with diamonds, and I am not the only one.

Ok sounds like your suggestion is to allow unlimited free expansions from exploring. The issue is you say it is pointless to have grid expansions not everyone can get, but is it not more pointless to upset the paying customers by allowing everyone to have what they paid thousands of dollars for?

The early expansions are pretty cheap and with the free diamonds now available a free player can get several of those and they can get some magic buildings too. Only a couple of those things can make a huge difference to your town and they have been given free to players. For many years there weren't free diamonds in the game so it was pay or put up with it. Devs are making it easier everyday.

DeletedUser3223

I have only once been able to get an expansions by collecting from wishing wells. They just don't give many diamonds any more and they are expiring just like my spire special did. Oh well, so be it. I guess I will be forever stuck with what I have now. It would be a nice surprise if they would put at least a couple more expansion to earn through going provinces.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have only once been able to get an expansions by collecting from wishing wells. They just don't give many diamonds any more and they are expiring just like my spire special did. Oh well, so be it. I guess I will be forever stuck with what I have now. It would be a nice surprise if they would put at least a couple more expansion to earn through going provinces.
It is very likely that when they put in another chapter, you'll get another free expansion. One can hope! :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is very likely that when they put in another chapter, you'll get another free expansion. One can hope! :)

Yep, for everyone who has completed about 500 provinces. And then the next chapter will get one more from scouting, etc. And from leaked info and the past schedule, we should get chapter 16 in late April or early May, or maybe a bit sooner.