• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expansions

Mykan

Oh Wise One
For a free to play town I would consider 9 a lot and from your maths that is very possible. While it won't add a lot more expansions, due to the time to save it is very easy to only buy those expansions on 10% discount days, this is something I have done for years now. Sometime ago the devs said the game is balanced on no premium purchases, thus 0 premium expansions. Granted there is a new dev team which has overturned some of the previous dev statements so unsure if that is still true but one would expect it is close

This is why I have said for ages that spire lets a free player run as a premium player for free. Not all premium players are equal so it is never going to let you be a whale, but between diamonds for expansions and magic buildings it will have a massive effect on your town. Its also the reason gold spire fellowships are sort out by people who recognise the benefit of hitting the top of spire and want the fellowship gains too.

Last edited:

defiantoneks

1653987324147.png
these ones good enough @defiantoneks ?
nom nom nom!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As I wrap up my chapter at the end of Naturally Amazing and before FA, I discovered I am 27 provinces short of unlocking next chapter. So I probably played through Amuni short about 2-3 free plots. Apparently, I didn't miss them.

(p.s. Friday is National Donut Day)

BrinDarby

After the first 9 expansions (14850 diamonds), the next 5 expansions will cost you 16830 diamonds. Another year of saving? The next 3 expansions will cost you 15900 diamonds.

you can buy some. But "a lot"? Press X to doubt
agree with @Darielle ......... -- X --

You can save 4,758 if you buy those @ 10% discount, why not ... but
Even with 3 worlds, ( 2 started 6mo after the first ) and using some
diamonds along the way, I still ( only ) have 25k-ish, & I'm a horder....

Because of the steep curve in costs for expansions, even with 8 worlds,
they will still lag behind costs..... as a F2P player. So any impression that
there are too many diamonds floting around in the system, is plain BS.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

"Only" 25K diamonds? Tell me you're kidding, lol. I can only dream about such numbers. :p

StarLoad

I can understand why you could have 25K Diamonds from hoarding as you stopped progressing at what chapter 4 or 5? why would you need to buy expansions.... But how would you know if there are "too many diamonds floating around"?

Ed

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Zoof Okay, that was fun. I actually found out how to figure out how many expansions I've purchased from this account (16). I have been wondering about that for a year or two. So, thanks.

What are you saving up to buy?
A box of donuts. Seems to be the thing.

AJ

PS. @Zoof I have an 11 Genie farm. It's just over 1/2 done and I've collected about 4500 diamonds. Is that about right? We do the silver spire every week and I top it, so I'm wondering about it.

aj

Zoof

[...]
PS. @Zoof I have an 11 Genie farm. It's just over 1/2 done and I've collected about 4500 diamonds. Is that about right? We do the silver spire every week and I top it, so I'm wondering about it.

aj
From a total theoretical average of 14300 across it's full lifetime if you collect twice everyday, you should've gotten 7150 so far, or thereabouts. Then again, could be RNG things happening and you might eventually get less than expected near the end or suddenly get a run of 200 diamonds a pop at some point and go over the estimate.

Tho if the numbers keep up, covering the 2650 diamonds you missed out on is near the $19.99 you'd spend on 2400 diamonds (in the browser, not app). Looking online for donut prices, that's about two dozen donuts ($9.99 x 2) that your genies shorted you. By the end of the run, that's about a third of a gross of donuts. Totally unacceptable! Torches and pitchforks levels of unacceptable!

@crackie If it comes to torches and pitchforks, mind letting us borrow some buddies for a small bit of a good ol' magic rebellion to retake diamonds from the donut thieves?

EDIT: The prices for donuts were found at the Dunkin Donut's website. I could've sworn I typed that in the post. I was thinking about it. I was actively thinking about it. Calculating it. Wishing for that sweet memory of that delicious idk-what-it-was covered in powdered sugar and the espresso. And yet somehow ... off. Anyhoo. If you got that from the mart of walls, tho, you'd have gotten about four dozen donuts instead. Or 8 dozen at the end. Two thirds a gross! Pop 'em in the microwave for a couple seconds for even happier times

Last edited:

defiantoneks

people here seem to love the krispy kreme. too much sugar IMO.
they do have a blueberry one, but nothing as good as Lamars. soft, moist cakey donut… you can smell the BB before you taste it. light glaze coating.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie If it comes to torches and pitchforks, mind letting us borrow some buddies for a small bit of a good ol' magic rebellion to retake diamonds from the donut thieves?
We're Best Friends Forever, but I don't think that entitles me to loaning her out. Do you loan out your BFFs in your part of the country?
people here seem to love the krispy kreme.
NOT. ANY. MORE.