• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expansions

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Thanks Mykan. I do understand that the company and it's employees need to be able to keep the lights on. People can't work for free. I think that's why they started putting advertisements on Gems and some parts of the game site. Selling packages for the events might be working somewhat, along with the sale of diamonds. Maybe they could consider making an expansion as a prize in quests or FA chest. Every now and then. Thanks again for your input.
Hi there, Gems rep here :)
We are an independent player site. We have ads because websites cost money, as do artists, and uploaders.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Or not, if you were trying to prove a point. Although I'll admit this one:

The whole point of this exercise is to prove a point. Whose point or what point that is... is up to all of us to guess. Is it strictly possible? Yes. That is no longer in doubt. Is it the best way for you? Who knows? Only the reader can answer that for themselves! For me, personally, trying to play the game in that manner is not fun, nor is trying to prove that point in deed rather than in word. If others find fun in that, then by all means! Go for it! I'll be cheering you on while stewing in my own mediocre gameplay

I'm enjoying the implication that someone must buy ALL the premium expansions right away.

:D

My main point was you do not "need" to spend money to unlock all parts of the game.
Obviously it's easier to do that, and that way you also support the game makers.

How you choose to aquire the expansions is up to you. but as soon as someone starts to complain inno is cheap/forces you to spend money/fill something in/ that they lock those expansion behind diamonds and that it's unfair and whatever then it very incorrect. I think they are actually quiter benevolent with giving away free diamonds.

In fact I think they give away to much free diomonds and at the same time that goods to buy in game cost way to much diamonds.
$100 dollar for an expansion in nuts I refuse to spend that much on a single expansion and therefore prefer the freebee route.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've enjoyed this discussion. A lot of good information presented and reasonable points made. My conclusion from all of this is that you can get all the expansions you want without spending real money if you are willing to trade time for diamonds. It takes a lot of work and you have probably got to actually focus your attention on it, but it can be done. As one poster noted, though, why not just get a small part-time job and earn the cash? After all, it's probably less hours to get to the $ needed for the diamonds and would allow you to focus on other aspects of the game. In other words, in either case you are spending time. The job just pays more "diamonds per hour" than you get by playing the game.

AJ

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I've enjoyed this discussion. A lot of good information presented and reasonable points made. My conclusion from all of this is that you can get all the expansions you want without spending real money if you are willing to trade time for diamonds. It takes a lot of work and you have probably got to actually focus your attention on it, but it can be done. As one poster noted, though, why not just get a small part-time job and earn the cash? After all, it's probably less hours to get to the $ needed for the diamonds and would allow you to focus on other aspects of the game. In other words, in either case you are spending time. The job just pays more "diamonds per hour" than you get by playing the game.

AJ
Jobs are boring :D it also depends on your hourly wage and how much taxes you pay.