• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expired buildings keep their animations

Just an idea to help keep those animations going. I get the whole idea behind expiring buildings but can't we allow them to stay animated? Some of them like the Ferris Wheel are great for decorations and I personally wouldn't care if it no longer serves any purpose other than being a cool animated decoration in my city. We worked hard to achieve some of these even spending our money on some, please don't ask us to just throw it away when it expires.

Evening Star Selene

I agree with @NightshadeCS... when I haven't been on my PC for a while, I don't know that several of buildings have expired (my mobile version doesn't do animations :(). I have too many expiring buildings to keep track of by simply clicking on them and seeing how long I have left. I agree, if they notified you in a different manner that would be fine with me. I understand wanting to keep them around because they are pretty!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
After they expire they should just decay....slowly becoming a pile of rubble. LOL. Now that would take some programming! In any case, I have to concur that the chance of having a non-productive building sitting there and not knowing it had expired, means you need some way to see it is no longer producing. Perhaps just changing it's coloring or putting a flag at half mast on it? Or maybe adding the "zzzz" to it? I'm not sure a notice coming up would work because if you have six or eight of these you would have to stop and search for which of them has expired.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
After they expire they should just decay....slowly becoming a pile of rubble. LOL. Now that would take some programming! In any case, I have to concur that the chance of having a non-productive building sitting there and not knowing it had expired, means you need some way to see it is no longer producing. Perhaps just changing it's coloring or putting a flag at half mast on it? Or maybe adding the "zzzz" to it? I'm not sure a notice coming up would work because if you have six or eight of these you would have to stop and search for which of them has expired.

AJ
Changing the color would be pretty. But then, people would probably hate to replace them with something else, since they would be unique in their coloring. Still, that would be better than just keeping them animated without warning.

Sigh, I think our current system is probably best. I hate when I forget to replace an expired building. They usually don't have enough culture to be worth the space.

satchmo33

My Moon Mirror expired years ago, but still does it's magical thing to other viewers of my city (just not for me)