• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expiring Millitray Buildings. Why only 3 types inno?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod
Up until March 2020 there was no path to get ideas/suggestions to the devs from this forum; the only path available was from the beta forums. This forum is primarily player driven with volunteer moderators. Those mods worked hard and got a path for us, but the devs have very strict requirements for how it must be done for them to even look at it. Those requirements are outlined here. I would expect a great deal of support for a fully fleshed out suggestion for these buildings :)
Unfortunately, this is a one way path. The devs will not commit to responding to us at all (though in the rare instance the mods hear something back, they do let us know). I know it's a lot of work to get the idea through the process and then not know how it was received, but most of us are thankful there is a path at all now. There are posters here who are more knowledgeable than I am about game design, coding, etc. who seem to always try to help bring up the issues that need addressing before the original post is ready for a vote. The devs only look at the original post, not the discussion posts and the original post must be in its final form before it goes up for a vote. If you choose to try this, I'm confident there'll be lots of helpers/input.

thank you for that. I had not know of that offical thread. Oddly enough, i thought one like that would be helpful and found it odd that i hadnt seen one. So thanks for pointing it and its location out to me.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
~
~
~
~
~

I guess ill restart this in its more 'official' layout. (Here of course, not a new thread). This would be for discussion for improvments before making any poll

• Thread Title: Make the remaining three military expiring buildings
  • Summary: Only three of the six expiring military buildings currently exist in elvenar. Please add the remaining three.
  • Details:
    • Mage_multiplier_a.png
      https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expiring_Buildings
    • Currently elvenar has three versions of the military expiring buildings available for crafting in the Magic Academy.
    • Unleashed Unit Upgrade - Grants +25% health to all units
    • Magnificent Mage Multiplier - Grants +50% attack to mage units
    • Enlightened Light Ranged - Grants +50% attack to light ranged units
    • We would love to see this expanded to its natural completion of one for each of the unit types not mentioned; Light melee, Heavy melee, Heavy ranged.
  • Benefits / Pros:
  • Helps players succeed in tournament fights thus encouraging participation in fellowships tournaments.
  • Encourages use of the new(ish) crafting system. Which in turns encourages participation of the spire of eternity in order to gain combined catalyst spells and magic fragments.
  • Will help my mental state; as the fact that the buildings are only half done has been in the back of mind for years now... (Im a bit of a completionist.)

• Downsides / Cons: Three more items added in the crafting options. Thus slightly lower the odds of everything showing up. (Which is true for any addition to crafting options. Tho i feel this one is well worth the reward.)

• Miscellaneous: If inno has a specific reason for not having done this initially, or not doing it now, please inform me. As i said, this is ratteling in my mind, bothering me for years now. I would really love an answer/explanation one way or the other.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You can actually modify the title of your post, and edit the first post any time up until a poll is added. I suggest copying the above post into the first one so it is clear what is being voted for when it comes to it.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Cons
Further skews the game away from negotiation as a viable play style.
i gotta disagree. While it does help those that battle, it in no way effect negotiation. Negotiation remains the same before and after the addition of this building. If someone wants to negotiate as a play style, this building does nothing to hamper that.
That being said, if we ever got these building implemented, you could then ask for a 7th building that is an expirable '-%% negotiation cost'

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
You can actually modify the title of your post, and edit the first post any time up until a poll is added. I suggest copying the above post into the first one so it is clear what is being voted for when it comes to it.
Ill do something like that, but another day. I want to get feedback on that entry first. In case someone thinks of something i didnt and i want to change it.

Iyapo1

. If someone wants to negotiate as a play style, this building does nothing to hamper that.
That being said, if we ever got these building implemented, you could then ask for a 7th building that is an expirable '-%% negotiation cost'
It is taking up space in my MA. Reducing the rotation of buildings that I do want and can use. This would effectively double the amount of space taken up by military buildings in the MA.

Great for fighters not so great for catering.

Maybe a limit on how many buildings in rotation at a time?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
there is a ton of items in the rotation already. Adding 3 would effect it mathematically, but not by much. But even so.. the magic adamey doesnt rly effect catering; it doesnt make goods, maybe a supply instant at best. I still think the trade off would be well worth it for fighters and not much of a change for caterers.

edit: also, i did mention that it would take room in the MA in the cons already.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26692

And im not trying to criticize, just trying to understand the argument presented.

and Frank the elf king! I see that like... You wouldnt happen to be on US5 server are ya?
Not sure what server...... When I log in, it says Elcysandir. Which like are you referring to, because I agreed with you both... But on different aspects.

Edited to add: I was able to find what server I was on, and yes US 5. Why do you ask... Have we crossed paths?

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

There shud be 1 for each fighter type, perhaps a deticated slot to encourage crafting....
UUU being universal, is prolly the most crafted of the current 3. The whole idea of
"expire'n" could also be expanded to include , as mentioned -% negotiation, but also
things like to aid other playstyles like traders....

I would vote yes to expanding to 5 types of bldgs.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Not sure what server...... When I log in, it says Elcysandir. Which like are you referring to, because I agreed with you both... But on different aspects.

Edited to add: I was able to find what server I was on, and yes US 5. Why do you ask... Have we crossed paths?

haha, kinda of. You probably dont recognize this name. You might slightly recall my other city Necroticgod tho, the city right above you ;)

DeletedUser26692

haha, kinda of. You probably dont recognize this name. You might slightly recall my other city Necroticgod tho, the city right above you ;)
Well of course I recall you.... You helped me out quite a bit especially when I first started by taking a great deal of the trades that I posted And you are one of the few neighbors that visit me. Thanks for all the help : - )

Deleted User - 1178646

More buildings leads to less UUU and more near useless ones like light and heavy melee boosters

Only the heavy range booster would be a killer

DeletedUser26692

More buildings leads to less UUU and more near useless ones like light and heavy melee boosters

Only the heavy range booster would be a killer
I have only seen one UUU in the last three weeks..... I would like to see it more.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Well of course I recall you.... You helped me out quite a bit especially when I first started by taking a great deal of the trades that I posted And you are one of the few neighbors that visit me. Thanks for all the help : - )

I stayed put in my chapter progression for a long time. I built up a decent stock pile of goods for my level. So im able to just take most trades i see. And then if my numbers get unbalanced, ill throw up some trades on dominionofgod to even the numbers out. It allows other players to get there trades accepted more quickly. And since im not in a big need for them right now, i can afford to wait until mine are taken with no real loss.

As for neighbor visits, your spot on the map isnt half bad (compared to others. There is still far to many dead/inactive cities on the map). But dominionofgod get half the amount necroticgod does if its lucky. And necro was moved to that spot above you a while back. He had a lot less visits at his last place too. - So while i agree, there should be more visits if not for inactive cities.. its still one of the better/more active spots iv personally been in.