• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Explaining the "goldilocks zone"

DeletedUser4778

Could this explain why I can't scout beyond certain points? The provinces have a lock on the picture. I'm a new player and have only gone about 6 or 7 provinces out and around my land.

The provinces with a lock on them mean that you haven't completed all the encounters in a province beside them. You can scout them once you have done so.

DeletedUser4778

If you go to the ideas and suggestions forum area, there is a section dedicated to posted ideas that were implemented.

I was curious after your comment so I checked it out and read each one which didn't take long as there are only 12 and some of them were actually never implemented. This does NOT give me much hope especially considering the 427 archived suggestions and 732 suggestions in this forum. I am so underwhelmed I may as well be 60,000 feet under.

DeletedUser2191

Could this explain why I can't scout beyond certain points? The provinces have a lock on the picture. I'm a new player and have only gone about 6 or 7 provinces out and around my land.

The lock picture you see on provinces means you need to conquer connecting provinces to reach the locked ones.

DeletedUser61

The provinces have a lock on the picture.
When you discover a city province the status of the adjacent relic provinces are henceforth indicated, but most of them will still be locked until you scout a directly adjacent relic province.

Thistleknot

Typically a locked province happens when you haven't conquered the adjoining province.

Wish my computer had refreshed before I answered. :rolleyes:

ekarat

So, you are saying that if I am about to enter a new age, then if I wait until I finish the next scouting tech then the province fights will be easier than if I had scouted the same province earlier?

That's very not obvious and unintuitive. The rest was fairly obvious and intuitive -- costs and difficulty go up as you go further out.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So, you are saying that if I am about to enter a new age, then if I wait until I finish the next scouting tech then the province fights will be easier than if I had scouted the same province earlier?
Yes, exactly.

That's very not obvious and unintuitive.
You're damn right it isn't. We are pushing pretty hard for INNO to correct this and make it part of the tutrial, since the only way to know this is from the forums that they themselves have said are used by less than 0.02% of players

DeletedUser5242

Welp, wish I'dve known the Goldilocks rule a bit earlier. Brand new to the game and I've already messed myself up...

DeletedUser2388

Welp, wish I'dve known the Goldilocks rule a bit earlier. Brand new to the game and I've already messed myself up...
Don't feel bad I just learned about this and am over halfway through the fairy tech tree. Next scouting takes 160 provinces and I have 224 and a lot of scouted ones that require orcs to cater so it really messed up my game. o_O:(

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Don't feel bad I just learned about this and am over halfway through the fairy tech tree. Next scouting takes 160 provinces and I have 224 and a lot of scouted ones that require orcs to cater so it really messed up my game. o_O:(
Your game isn't really messed up, you just got expansions from clearing the world map that you aren't expected to have yet. That's actually an advantage, and means you should have an easier time getting through the next 2 chapters since you have more space.

The only downside to "over scouting" is that you can't fight on the world map for a while, which may make things a bit boring for a while if you used to enjoy fighting.

DeletedUser2388

I cater rather than fight because battle in the game is too boring for me after years of MMOs where you are fully immersed in real time battles with groups of up to 24 players against the baddies chatting on Skype simultaneously. ;)
The bad thing is being stuck with no room to grow for quite awhile now because I was scouting provinces requiring orcs since pre dwarf tech. It's all a waiting game until I get the tech for level 20 armories so I can finally cater with the orcs and finish the ones I've already scouted. :cool: