• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Extra AW shards

maeter75

Currently I have a level 1 Martial Monastery AW, and for it I have 18 extra ruin shards. Are those ever used or did I end up getting a bunch of extra shards for no reason. For upgrading I see it asks for normal ruins not specific AW ones

DeletedUser61

• Levels 1 and 6 require you to fill the 9 slot Rune Ring which, on average, requires 18 Runes
  • Levels 2-5 and 6-10 require Knowledge Point contributions, then a mix of Relics

DeletedUser43

To upgrade on level 5, you will need a bunch of those shards....9 I think, but the rest...Idk.

maeter75

So it sounds like as I upgrade the AW I will need normal relics in addition to AW relics/shards in order to upgrade it, guess having 18 is a good thing

DeletedUser594

It gets a bit confusing because the terms are so similar but you will need a full:
Level 1 full set of Runes + goods to unlock
LvL 2-5 require Relics to unlock
Level 6 req. Full set of Runes + goods
LvL 7-10 req. Relics

You get goods from your manufactories. You get a Relic every time you win a fight or negotiate. You get a Rune when you complete a territory. When you place the Rune it will either go in a slot or break into smaller pieces. unfortunately they called whole runes and the broken bits "shards" which just adds to the confusion. If you get 9 broken Shards they will count as 1 Rune which will go into an open slot without breaking.
It is likely that additional levels will be added at some point in the future which will have similar requirements for unlocking.

Rune/Shard
Aw1_shards.png

Relic
Elixirrelic.png

Goods
20px-Good_elixir_small.png

https://us.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders_Overview#Human_Ancient_Wonders

Last edited by a moderator:

maeter75

It gets a bit confusing because the terms are so similar but you will need a full:
Level 1 full set of Runes + goods to unlock
LvL 2-5 require Relics to unlock
Level 6 req. Full set of Runes + goods
LvL 7-10 req. Relics

You get goods from your manufactories. You get a Relic every time you win a fight or negotiate. You get a Rune when you complete a territory. When you place the Rune it will either go in a slot or break into smaller pieces. unfortunately they called whole runes and the broken bits "shards" which just adds to the confusion. If you get 9 broken Shards they will count as 1 Rune which will go into an open slot without breaking.
It is likely that additional levels will be added at some point in the future which will have similar requirements for unlocking.

Rune/ShardView attachment 400

RelicView attachment 401

GoodsView attachment 402

https://us.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders_Overview#Human_Ancient_Wonders

AHHH now that makes sense,
THANKS wish this full info was on the wiki like you did above, it would help people so much

DeletedUser61

If you get 9 broken Shards they will count as 1 Rune
If you have 9 shards, there's a 50/50 chance of either filling the empty rune wheel slot OR the empty broken shard slot.
  • If you're lucky, you'll have a full Rune Wheel AND 9 broken shards which you can carry forward to your next AW.
  • If you're not lucky, you'll still have an open slot in your Rune Wheel and 10 broken shards. Clicking on the shard bar is a guaranteed slot in the Rune Wheel, so you'll end up with a full Rune Wheel and 0 broken shards.
  • Just to emphasize the point, any time you have 10 broken shards you SHOULD use them immediately, because you'll LOSE any additional broken shards.