• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Extra Rune Shards should be useable as broken shards

DeletedUser

I have only one of my Ancient Wonders built, but sadly I still randomly get rune shards for this AW that I cannot use at all, which makes for a very poor reward after clearing a province.

Why not make it so that if you get rune shards that are for an AW you already have built in your city, you can at the very least turn them into broken rune shards to help with building another of your AW's? Since this is how it works for duplicate rune shards you get before you place an AW, it seems reasonable that it should continue to work after you've built the AW as well.

Anyone else agree?

DeletedUser4417

Good idea but sounds more like a bug or glitch as once completed the AW that the shards would normally go to, should be removed due to its being built.

DeletedUser

Well you would think they would be removed or else be useable in some way, but I have gotten 3 of them so far and can't do a thing with them. It may be a bug, or just poor design with the shards being randomly received.

Anyone else have this happen, or does anyone know if it is indeed a bug?

DeletedUser4671

This is as the game is designed. Once you upgrade your wonders to level 5 and level 10, the rune circles will need to be completed again. Since some runes break while trying to insert, it typically takes between 20 to 30 runes to complete any rune circle. This also means that while completing the circle for the second and third time, you will get broken shards that you can use for your other wonders.

Happy Gaming :)

DeletedUser

Aha, that makes sense then and thanks for the explanation.

DeletedUser4417

@Areane
Thanks for that. If I might ask. Those shards that 'collect' on the AW after it is completed but before it reaches level 5 and 10, do these apply to the next ring or are they lost to player?

DeletedUser188

For all you Noobs that haven't been here long and don't know how Aws work exactly
Mykan has a great guide ,that includes AWs , in the questions and help sections called Mykans guide to Elvenar

DeletedUser4027

I have only one of my Ancient Wonders built, but sadly I still randomly get rune shards for this AW that I cannot use at all, which makes for a very poor reward after clearing a province.

Why not make it so that if you get rune shards that are for an AW you already have built in your city, you can at the very least turn them into broken rune shards to help with building another of your AW's? Since this is how it works for duplicate rune shards you get before you place an AW, it seems reasonable that it should continue to work after you've built the AW as well.

Anyone else agree?
Yes. I am trying figure out how to trade the extra rune shards to other members or convert them to partial shards for other buildings.

DeletedUser9839

Yes Ive got tons of them and I suppose they are just useless...cant really transfer them?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Can not transfer. If you have an Ancient Wonder Rune ring filled that you don't want to build, you can build it then tear it down, which will consume the runes so you can break more to use the broken shards on others. Costly in materials (you only get half back on teardown), but possible. Not sure if you can start building it then cancel before it's finished. That might get you your materials back. I wouldn't try it unless you are okay with the first option in case that's what you get.

If you upgrade your AW to level 5, you need to refill the ring, so you can break some more there.

DeletedUser4955

Just wish the runes filled AWs more efficiently....I have 91 runes for 3 AW already built...12 more for AW not yet opened and 7 shards in the bank. I only need one rune or 3 shards to finish my next AW....I mean missing the correct rune 100 times....really. Same thing in my other city...runes tend to be AWs I already have or ones not yet open. I have 1-2 runes in 9 AWs that are not yet opened. It just keeps placing them where I don't need them. I don't need instant results...but staying within a range might be more reasonable...say only filling 3-4 ahead and once number of runes needed for the upgrade...stop filling it.

DeletedUser4955

When you upgrade your AW to level 5 (and 10 and 15) you need to fill the rune wheel again, so they can't really stop.
I guess I just need a way to complete AWs and not just collect runes.

DeletedUser8382

There's a strategy in this game for completing your AWs faster. So the strategy is for any AW you aren't building NEVER insert runes into it. Once you have an AW you want to build (like mountain halls), get about half+ the runes into the mountain halls normally. Then go to your other AWs you haven't placed runes into... start doing that, and use all the broken fragments to finish mountain halls. You can then break tons and tons of runes from these unwanted AWs and use the fragments to finish mountain halls. Likewise, you can level an AW to 5, and do this same process if you don't plan to level it to 6 anytime soon.

DeletedUser4955

Okay, I get the part about not filling unwanted AWs...great idea.

Not sure about this:
Then go to your other AWs you haven't placed runes into... start doing that
Does it mean you go back and start filling runes into the unwanted AWs?

DeletedUser4955

And how exactly do you "break up runes"....sounds awesome...just can't picture it. And what if the unwanted ones are mostly filled. Should I build them and sell them so I will have some runes waiting to be inserted?

and use all the broken fragments to finish mountain halls. You can then break tons and tons of runes from these unwanted AWs and use the fragments to finish mountain halls.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Crochet
For this example we'll assume you want the mountain halls, and never want the Tome ofSecrets.

Once your Mountain halls ring is about half full, and you are out of runes for it,
  1. insert runes into your ToS, hoping that you fail (break up runes),
  2. once your broken rune shard bar is full,
  3. close the window and open the mountain halls again and
  4. click "Forge rune" under the broken rune shards bar.
Repeat until you run out of ToS runes, or the ToS ring fills up.
-If the ToS ring is full, build the ToS, and after it is finished building, sell it and repeat the steps above.
-if you run out of ToS runes before it fills, move on to another wonder that you do not ever want to keep.

DeletedUser4955

Tried it out...so basically you don't have to forge the runes in the AW they are formed in. Once the bar is full, it can be forged in the AW of your choice. Thanks guys. Appreciate you taking the time to explain.