• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived FA Badge bug - Pet food does not update enchanted tiara badge

DeletedUser21745

Game version: __ v1.117.2-(35f0995) - html5_ax3 (2020-11-12 11:31)
Game world: __Ceravyn
Browser + version: __Google Chrome
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __Windows 10
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __burger meister meister
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: _1/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)
Only tried once.

Current situation:
__Pet food is listed as an enchanted item under the "enchantment" tab under the "inventory" menu but when it is used it does not add to the enchanted tiara badge.
__

Expected situation:
__ When using any item from the enchantment tab it will add to the enchanted tiara badge.
__

Reproduction Steps

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm pretty sure pet food (and teleports?) are somehow not enchantments.
They should be, but it's a design flaw, not really a bug:(

Might be wrong tho... haven't finished coffee

Aritra

I'm pretty sure pet food (and teleports?) are somehow not enchantments.
They should be, but it's a design flaw, not really a bug:(

Might be wrong tho... haven't finished coffee
It seems to me that the difference between enchantments and instants is lingering effect vs instant effect. If that were true, then I believe teleport should be with instants and pet food would be appropriate for enchantments (and should be recognized as such). Now, catalysts don't really belong in either. They seem to me to be a specialized ingredient (to my knowledge, only used in MA) and should just be on an inventory counter next to fragments (in the crafting tab of MA). They can still appear as an option to produce in MA, but inventory in crafting tab, not regular inventory (ex: scroll fragments aren't acknowledged in the general inventory so why should CCs?).

Silver Lady

Teleports don’t count either, and before joining the forum I reported it as a bug. Response was that they don’t and request was pasted on to developers. Assuming (and we know what assuming does) that means it will continue to stay as is.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I agree it's silly for there to be items on the Enchantments tab of the Magic Academy that are not considered enchantments. o_O
For browser players, if you hover over the top 4 items (PoP spell, EE spell, MM spell and IM spell), there is a pop-up that says 'Enchantment Effect'. On the bottom 3 items (CC, Pet Food, and Teleports), none of them have this in their pop-up window. I'm not sure how (or if) mobile players are ever supposed to know this. Again, o_O
When I first started playing, the top 4 were the only items in there. My guess is: when they added the bottom 3 (they were added one at a time, not all at once) they decided to shove a square peg in a round hole because that's where they found some open space. It never fails to amaze me the contortions they go through at times to try to justify a nonsensical decision...
That's like deciding a good spot to store a bottle of Glue is...The spice rack! Well...there was room...it fit perfectly...:rolleyes: Now, if they'd find a way to shoehorn blueprints into that last open space beside the teleport, (as opposed to where it is now: nowhere!) maybe I'd cut them some slack...

Alistaire

Dragon Abbey also counts them as enchantments.

Edit: it's also an odd decision on their part considering they think people have too much pet food, and neither that nor teleports are even nearly as common as the "normal" enchantments.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4070

I just collected pet food and it didn’t register on an Arcane Reside badge either

DeletedUser21745

My point was that pet should should either contribute towards the badge as an "enchantment" since it is in the enchantment tab or remove pet food from the enchantment tab, or rename the enchantment tab to something more meaningful