• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA Badge collection made easier

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree! I think it should be even more of an impressive accomplishment and to that end we should add an "awesome" popup after each collect just to see who's really skilled a the FA.
Better yet, let's go back to the REAL FA, the original recipe where true Elvenar heroes clicked that "decline" button 16 times between handing in a badge- now THAT took REAL skill!
Edit: What was I thinking?! There's room to improve on the onld way too! Not just "are you sure" between each decline, but also an "are you REALLY sure?"
Maybe another with "are you really really sure?"
oooh the possibilities for fun and skill testing are endless!

Or better yet, a pop-up every time you add a badge that says "is your life really so empty and boring that you have all this spare time just for this?"

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
AND IF you 2 stopped taking potshots at each other and read posts other than each other’s you would see that another suggestion was put forth that ISNT ROLLOVER!!!
You mean this one:https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....lection-made-easier.26531/page-2#post-206966?

That doesn't address the truly tedious badges like AW but fixes the mobile-fat-finger-misclicks.
So yeah, a fix like this would help with the collection a tiny bit, saving players from losing maybe a badge or two every few months, but compared to a roll-over that would make all badge collection less boring it seems hardly worth implementing.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

like i said there are other work arounds that can't be blocked .. you guys are not thinking this through
-source: Dude, trust me.
LoL,
"I'm right but I can't tell you why"
Sure buddy, can't argue with that, you win.
shrug.jpg

AtaguS

Everyone wants everything easier and easier, but there is a line between better and so easy that the game becomes boring and not worth playing.
How about instead of "easier" we ask for less pointless?
It can be argued that clicking-clicking-clicking and then clicking again, 30 times to collect 30 individual statue badges (then 120 clicks to reset them) is boring and causes players to think the FA not worth playing, considering the weak rewards.
An improvement on the collection process would have a benefit beyond just making the collection process easy.

SoggyShorts

How about instead of "easier" we ask for less pointless?
It can be argued that clicking-clicking-clicking and then clicking again, 30 times to collect 30 individual statue badges (then 120 clicks to reset them) is boring and causes players to think the FA not worth playing, considering the weak rewards.
An improvement on the collection process would have a benefit beyond just making the collection process easy.
Exactly this. The badge collection isn't "hard" any more than sitting through a boring movie is "hard" it's just boring.

As @Enevhar Aldarion has pointed out
1. Doing 1 path is still "easy" despite being boring.
2. Being competitive at something boring is apparently kinda OK... I guess? ( I can't really speak for those players)

But we want something in-between too.

We want some fun little prizes for each spot, and maybe some nice bigger prizes for doing a whole stage, and a cool additional prize for doing the whole entire map. Nothing game-breaking, but enticing, and desirable.
BUT
For that to be implemented the developers would likely also have to increase the number of badges required for at least 2/3 of the paths because inno doesn't give with both hands.
Then we end up in an even worse position than we are in now with prizes that are actually desirable locked behind a boring format. The fixing of the tedium is the first step, doing it the other way around would be terrible.

Last edited:

Sprite1313

I've organized some of my thoughts on how to reduce the tedium of the FA. I agree with several of the previous posts about how players could "cheat" the system, and tried to address some of those. This is, of course, not a perfect answer, just my contribution to the discourse.

I don't know if it would be best to consolidate proposed changes to the FAs, or separate badge collection adjustments from prizes. These groupings are my own and are completely arbitrary.

Prodution Set badges (Brews, Carps, Farmers, Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues) - these would "roll over" completely. So you could, in theory, collect 50 toolboxes in a swipe and collect 10 badges. You have still done the work of putting together the city to enable that, and planned which badges are needed, it just eliminates the tedium of collect five, open the badge window, collect the badge, close the badge window, collect five, repeat.

Production Amount Badges (Bracelet, Guards, Coins and Residue) - these also roll over, just like the arcane residue rolls over for collecting mystical objects in the MA. I don't know about everyone else, but I find the bracelets to be a bottleneck. It would still be bad with this, but at least those extra T1 goods would roll to the next badge; (I always seem to end up only needing about 500 of my last manu's production to finish out a badge, so I waste 3000 that could be used towards another badge). Again, you are still doing the work, consuming the CCs and training the troops, this just gives you full credit for everything you do.

MA Production Sets (Witch Hats and Druid Staffs) - these would roll over no more than five. As @samidodamage pointed out, she has lots of spells already produced that she could collect at her leisure. But if you are crafting spells overnight (or, more likely, catalysts) you can't choose to collect only one. If three of them finish cooking overnight, then you get one badge for three ccs you collect.

Fighting Rewards Badges (Ghosts and Marbles) - these would roll over. You can fight the whole spire or all of your tourney provinces and then collect your badges. Again, you are still doing the fighting to win the badges, but you wouldn't have to fight three, close out the spire, open the badge window, collect the badge, close that window, open the spire, repeat. Also, if you are collecting both marbles and ghosts from tournament, you are probably fighting two encounters, open badge window, collect marble badge, close badge window, open next province and fight, open badge window, collect ghost badge, close window, repeat.

Spell/KP use Badges (Tiara and Wonder Society) - these roll over. If you use a 30 AWKP instant on an AW, you get three badges. This makes collecting these less tedious when giving 100 KP on a swap to a neighbor. I realize tiaras are probably less tedious, but it is still a lot of clicking to apply three spells, back out of the spell window, open the badge window, collect the badge, close window, open inventory, select spell, apply three times, repeat.

I’m sure there are lots of issues with this, but it’s just my thoughts on how we could make the FA less tedious. I love the fellowship aspect of working together to complete paths and balance badge requirements. Most of the badges aren’t really hard to make, they are just tedious.

tanount

Or possibly during FAs there is a “badge” mode that as you sre collecting for badges will stop collecting when you reached the righ count for ta badge ( the rest of items will turn g like coins do when treasury is full) collect the badge and all goes back to normal this feature could be turned on and off on the badge collection page. This would prevent the lost badges and prevent stacking for the competitIves when a badge quota has been reached a small pop up window could allow collection of the badge without having to close down multiple screens and opening multiple screens to collect badge and return to position to collect more. This would better enable phone and tablet players to utilize their playing surface and equalize some of the advantages of playing on a computer
just a thought
This isnt rollover

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I like the ideas presented by @Sprite1313 and @tanount even though they are different methods of handling the issue. I'm just a bit jaded on this subject.
FA's were first released in August 2017. The most often voiced complaint then was having to 'decline' every single quest to get the one you were collecting for to come up before you collected. Then, you had to decline through all 16 of them again to collect another badge of that same type. That complaint was frequently tied together with the incessant tedium of clicking: going in and out of windows only made it more of an issue. The slow system response of the 'badge complete' notification also tied into this complaint and the first requests were made to do something about production losses, the most frequent solution offered was some form of rollover.
The mobile app was released in Nov 2017, but as of May 2018 FA's were not even available there (they had a mobile only event in place of it in May '18; not sure when they finally got mobile to be able to participate in FA's) so these complaints were not the result of 'small screen' user mistakes.
They made a minor adjustment to the 'decline' function (I think it was get rid of the 'are you sure' window that also popped up) at some point, but it took until July 2019 to get the badge window we have now. The rest of the issues surrounding the incessant tedium of clicking and other QOL adjustments have fallen on deaf ears afaik.
With this history, I don't expect any forward movement on removing tedium from the FA's no matter how good the ideas are.

SoggyShorts

yes because only one person in here has all the correct answers and everyone else is wrong lmao
You mean everyone except you keeps coming around to basically the same answer and you don't like it?

Here's a simple test, click my portrait, click "ignore", then read this thread again skipping your own posts.
You end up with basically everyone wanting roll-over on some badges because it is the obvious improvement to the boring system and takes nothing away from the real effort which is completing the badges.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

This isnt rollover
And it's not a bad idea per se, it's just that it only addresses a few badges and only partly. If the developers are going to put time into a fix, then the rollover as outlined by @Sprite1313 should take even less effort and would be basically perfect.

If the FA balance is slightly easier due to rollover a simple tweak of asking for 5%(or w/e) more of X,Y, and Z badges would balance that out.

NightshadeCS

I am so cynical. I love any idea of making the FA less of a clickfest, but I firmly believe Inno wants us to misclick and pull our hair out collecting things one by one and going in and out of windows, all in order to spur diamond spending. It may be wrong-headed, but that's where I'm at.

Sprite1313

I am so cynical. I love any idea of making the FA less of a clickfest, but I firmly believe Inno wants us to misclick and pull our hair out collecting things one by one and going in and out of windows, all in order to spur diamond spending. It may be wrong-headed, but that's where I'm at.
You may be right. Since the FA packages still contain the production set badges, instead of the residue and bracelets, that may be the driving motivation. I wonder if they would sell more of those if they actually included the residue and bracelets.

of course, if that’s true, it’s pretty short-sighted. People who enjoy the game are more likely to spend money than those who don’t. And you can still make up for a lot of those badges by having large tent cities. No way to generate additional residue without spending gems.

Sprite1313

I just went through the tedious nightmare of collecting wonder society badges. Not so bad if I am contributing to my own AW, but horrible when responding to an AW KP thread. It would be slightly less horrible on PC, but I am out and about, so restricted to mobile.

1. Click on players name (or on mail message in thread).
2. Open AW list
3. Click on requested AW
4. Click on KP icon to open my available instants
5. Click on desire KP instant
6. Click on the green button that is now there
7. Close KP window
8. Close AW window
9. Close AW list window
10. Close player list (or mail window)
11. Open badge window
12. Click on AW badge to claim
13. Close badge window.

Repeat 9 more times, because I was donating 100 KP, and the excess won’t carry.

If any of the folks opposed to fewer clicks can explain to me how that increases the challenge or difficulty, rather than the tedium and frustration, I am all ears.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I just went through the tedious nightmare of collecting wonder society badges. Not so bad if I am contributing to my own AW, but horrible when responding to an AW KP thread. It would be slightly less horrible on PC, but I am out and about, so restricted to mobile.

1. Click on players name (or on mail message in thread).
2. Open AW list
3. Click on requested AW
4. Click on KP icon to open my available instants
5. Click on desire KP instant
6. Click on the green button that is now there
7. Close KP window
8. Close AW window
9. Close AW list window
10. Close player list (or mail window)
11. Open badge window
12. Click on AW badge to claim
13. Close badge window.

Repeat 9 more times, because I was donating 100 KP, and the excess won’t carry.

If any of the folks opposed to fewer clicks can explain to me how that increases the challenge or difficulty, rather than the tedium and frustration, I am all ears.
I go old school. I navigate to their city, locate the Wonder requested, open Wonder, open instant menu, donate, triple click on FA quest giver, collect badge, double click on Wonder, open instant menu, etc. The double or triple click is quick and easy and serves the added purpose of closing the various pages I no longer need then opening the desired menu. This reduces tedium. Plus I get to visit their city and look for the Wonder :)

SoggyShorts

@Sprite1313 Even better in after round 2 in the tournament when you want to donate 100 KP from your bar, not your instants:
Open mail message to find target wonder,
  1. Click on fs button
  2. Open AW list
  3. Click on the requested AW
  4. Click on the +1 button
  5. Click on the +1 button
  6. Click on the +1 button
  7. Click on the +1 button
  8. Click on the +1 button
  9. Click on the +1 button
  10. Click on the +1 button
  11. Click on the +1 button
  12. Click on the +1 button
  13. Click on the +1 button
  14. Click on the +1 button
  15. Close KP window
  16. Close AW window
  17. Close AW list window
  18. Close player list (or mail window)
  19. Open badge window
  20. Click on AW badge to claim
  21. Close badge window.
Then repeat 10 times to donate the 100 KP. 210 clicks? boooooooring.

If any of the folks opposed to fewer clicks can explain to me how that increases the challenge or difficulty, rather than the tedium and frustration, I am all ears
The working theory is that such players are actually not-so-great at the FA and are worried that if fewer players hate the interface then there might be more competition. It's like a pie-eating contest but they choose turds as the flavor to keep away the potential competition.
That or they genuinely enjoy turd-munchin.

Sprite1313

I go old school. I navigate to their city, locate the Wonder requested, open Wonder, open instant menu, donate, triple click on FA quest giver, collect badge, double click on Wonder, open instant menu, etc. The double or triple click is quick and easy and serves the added purpose of closing the various pages I no longer need then opening the desired menu. This reduces tedium. Plus I get to visit their city and look for the Wonder :)
Me too, when I can play PC. Mobile doesn’t let you do that. The upside on mobile is the ability to give help from the mail message; the downside is not being able to give help from the city view screen in your neighbour’s city. That would save several clicks.

tanount

It has been implied that rollover or something similar would give an advantage to ones who vie for 1st place in FAs I really dont see that the advantage ,if any, would actually be one available to any who chose th take advantage of it Relieving everyone that does the FA of a couple hundred or possibly a thousand excess clicks is something that I would think every would enjoy. Change doesn’t mean it’s bad just different. It certhinly improved over the previous badge system and there was a lot of complaints when they changed it. People were used to the other system and wanted it back. If everyone is on same footing and has same tools available where then is the advantage?? I any contest 1 will finish first. 1 will finish last and everyone else is in between. If first place is that #$&**&#@ important then improve your game don’t blame it on a possible advantage which would be available to EVERYONE. oh wait a minute I forgot your game is perfect but everyone one else is cheating