• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived FA event glitch - witches hat and elemental marbles

DeletedUser2870

The quests for the badges for the witches hat and for the elemental marbles do NOT light up the 'completed quest' on the quest-line icon on the left side on the screen when the requirements are fulfilled.
When doing tourney encounters and gaining spells and relics one can gain enough to fulfill the quests but the icon does not show the green 'quest ready' mark when these are done.

Tried to restart the game. Problem continues
Closed browser, emptied cashe. Problem continues.
Tried different browser. Problem continues.

Browser : google chrome
Operating system : Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

Browser : Opera.
Operating system : Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Here is the problem with that and why they will probably say not a bug. Any time you collect items for more than one badge, and you do not complete all those badges at the same time, the system registers the incomplete badge as the priority and does not give the green check for the completed one. It has been this way for many FAs now.

DeletedUser2870

Nope. When doing the tourney and completing the quests for 3 encounters at the same time as completing one of the 2 others, the one for 3 encounters WILL activate the green 'quest ready' mark.
But when completing both the witch hat and the elemental marbles, neither of them activates.

Update:
When doing tourney encounters that do not yield any spells, it still only activates after the 3 encounters. The one for relics does not activate the marker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nope. When doing the tourney and completing the quests for 3 encounters at the same time as completing one of the 2 others, the one for 3 encounters WILL activate the green 'quest ready' mark.
But when completing both the witch hat and the elemental marbles, neither of them activates.

I was only half awake when I replied the first time, so I will add more detail on how I see this working. Everything with the badges is a cascade effect, from top to bottom. If you do something that completes one badge, but not another, it depends on the order they are in. If the completed badge is closer to the bottom of the list, you will get the green check. If the incomplete badge is closer to the bottom, you will not. that is why completing the encounter badge, but not completing the relic or enchantment badge, will make it go green, while completing the relic or enchantment badge, but not the encounter badge, will not.

It has been this way for a long time, but most people did not notice, because before, the only overlap was with the production badges and the wand, I think it was. The one that required 100 planks to make. You could complete any of the four production badges, but all those tiny amounts of planks would add to the wand badge and not show green for the production badge until you had the 100 planks. Now we have more overlapping badges and this is more obvious to more people. So not a bug in that it is some unexpected error or glitch, and more just the way they coded it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The question is: which list takes precedence, the one in the wiki or the one in the badge lists in our city?
I can confirm @Dhurrin's issue, I was out on the tourney map just now. Tourney is fun it counts Hats, Marbles and Ghosts, sometimes all in the same encounter. I cleared a Marble badge but not a Ghost and got no green checkmark. But Ghost is below Marbles in the badge counter order, just not in the wiki.
Why aren't these standardized?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
To add to this, I did the tournament and FA badges on mobile tonight and everything went green when it was supposed to. None of this weird prioritizing that seems to happen in the browser version.