• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA Highlighted Paths

NightshadeCS

Well, another Facebook Live chat with the Inno developers, and they dropped an announcement that the ability to highlight a preferred path in Fellowship Adventures will be coming "soon."

1. Has not been announced in Beta yet.
2. Did not announce timeframe (whether or not it will be available in the FA starting in Beta this week or live after the phoenix event)
3. Stated that this will NOT lock out the other waypoints, will only visually highlight on the map.
4. Did not specify if it would be specific waypoints or an entire color path.

Simpumba

This is one of the quality of life improvements that we have requested. I am cautiously optimistic, assuming of course that the implementation goes smoothly, and doesn't break something else.
In before the highlighted path cannot be completed :cool:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
We are Beta testing this feature at the moment. It does work on desktop but not on mobile as yet.
So far the notes seem a bit dishonest and imply that mobile is simply not up to date; however my mobile is loading 1.127 for zz1, the Main Beta test server, while the Release Notes are 1.126.2. There is no update on the Play Store, I check at least once a day. I'll let y'all know if I see anything changing.

Soleil Nightbloom

I think that this will be a huge improvement overall. Although I still feel like there will be that one player that will put badges on the wrong point

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
It can be activated on desktop but not mobile. Can it be seen on mobile if it’s active?

Edit: I logged in to my beta city on the pc and can see it there. The highlighted path has rings under the waypoints. Other waypoints that can be played have a halo effect. I did not see any of these effects on mobile, but hopefully soon. :)

Last edited:

Lelanya

Yup that's what I see, settings, rings on desktop, nothing on mobile. 1

Lelanya

So my phone asked for an update to run Beta this morning but my fellowship had already moved on to the pit.

Axiss

If by that you mean that atleast they are active YES hahaha AND they help and participate ! I strive for a healthy roster in the fellowship.

To be fair, it was everyone in my fellowship's first time doing an FA, so I think things will be different for us this time arround with some prep work.

We still managed to get halfway to the third map without any organisation at all ‍♀️

Axiss

Your glass is definitely half full :D

If by that you mean that atleast they are active YES hahaha AND they help and participate ! I strive for a healthy roster in the fellowship.

To be fair, it was everyone in my fellowship's first time doing an FA, so I think things will be different for us this time arround with some prep work.

We still managed to get halfway to the third map without any organisation at all ‍

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
To be fair, it was everyone in my fellowship's first time doing an FA, so I think things will be different for us this time around with some prep work.

Ohhh, my friend, you will soon learn it's NOT a newbie thing! I run our FAs. To remind everyone to stay on the right track, I maintain a thread where I post each time I have to reset the Number of Days Since the Last Workplace Accident whenever someone dumps a badge into the wrong checkpoint. By Map 3, it's not days or hours, but sometimes minutes! It's been the same map for the past 3 FAs! We even finished 2nd in Ceravyn last FA so it's not our first rodeo. It snags veteran mages and rookie newcomers alike.

Everyone is FA-fatigued out though since they're now almost monthly. We've decided to sleepwalk through this upcoming FA so I don't have to herd cats for a week. I'll be leading guided tours into the forbidden Map 3 checkpoints this time around. Follow me and I'll show you where to waste your perfectly good arcane residue and blacksmith badges...

Axiss

Ohhh, my friend, you will soon learn it's NOT a newbie thing! I run our FAs. To remind everyone to stay on the right track, I maintain a thread where I post each time I have to reset the Number of Days Since the Last Workplace Accident whenever someone dumps a badge into the wrong checkpoint. By Map 3, it's not days or hours, but sometimes minutes! It's been the same map for the past 3 FAs! We even finished 2nd in Ceravyn last FA so it's not our first rodeo. It snags veteran mages and rookie newcomers alike.

Everyone is FA-fatigued out though since they're now almost monthly. We've decided to sleepwalk through this upcoming FA so I don't have to herd cats for a week. I'll be leading guided tours into the forbidden Map 3 checkpoints this time around. Follow me and I'll show you where to waste your perfectly good arcane residue and blacksmith badges...
HAHAHA I died reading that last line...

honestly, i much prefer the tack the AM in one of my fellowships takes to keep everyone on the right path. that is to change the color of the fellowship banner to match the path we're taking. seems much simpler to me. then when you log in to your city, you can see right off which path to follow.

Axiss

honestly, i much prefer the tack the AM in one of my fellowships takes to keep everyone on the right path. that is to change the color of the fellowship banner to match the path we're taking. seems much simpler to me. then when you log in to your city, you can see right off which path to follow.
Yes, our fellowship also did that last time. However, we still had strays. But I tjink they were voluntarly doing it, because we sent messages to them, and got nothing back but more wasted badges.