• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA improvements

DeletedUser2959

Thanks! I love that the quests no longer 'flip-flop' when I rotate through them! YAYYYYY!!!

Also, the whole process just feels faster. Did you remove a confirmation or something? Either way, much happiness here :)

DeletedUser8946

They did remove a confirmation, either one or two FAs ago. I agree, it's better. And they brought back the Sack of Coins, Guard badge along with the Wonder Society. I think they dropped that for the last FA.

Risen Malchiah

16 badges to cycle through when collecting multiples of the same thing gets really annoying very quickly though. I like the Sacks, Elvarian and Wonder Society but they should replace something rather than have all 16. Or remove the quests entirely and award badges automatically as you collect. Then they could have 30 badge types and I wouldn't care one bit. :)

edeba

This FA is awful because of the 16 badges included. There is absolutely no reason that 6 of the badges could have not been used. I left my beta FS with the last FA because having the FA come up twice, once in beta and then on live is just too much and awful. This FA almost pushed me to quit beta again.

I just don't get it when the game is designed that people feel they need respite. Games are supposed to be respite from life, not causing the need for it.

16 badges to cycle through when collecting multiples of the same thing gets really annoying very quickly though. I like the Sacks, Elvarian and Wonder Society but they should replace something rather than have all 16. Or remove the quests entirely and award badges automatically as you collect. Then they could have 30 badge types and I wouldn't care one bit. :)

DeletedUser18920

Question - When you finish one path in the FA, do you have to reset or can you do another path to open the second chest? If we complete the green can we go down and complete the blue?

Arayla

Completing one path will allow you to open one chest. When you open the chest, it automatically moves to the next map. If you do more than one path on a map, you will earn more points. There are three maps total.

Earning more points does not change the prizes in the chests.

DeletedUser12171

quest heads are still flipping for me, no fix there

My FS took a vote and decided to sit out this FA. That said, we don't stop those who want to from going ahead with making badges and participating. So no guilt on anyone on either side, whether we participate or no. We did pretty much the same (take a vote) in the previous FAs

I don't get the whole "it's here so we have to do it!" mentality. If you hate to take part so much, skip it. Why does it have to be "FAs are making me want to quit"? FAs are absolutely non-essential to game progress so why stress over it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9601

FAs are absolutely non-essential to game progress so why stress over it?
Amen. Typically the Path 3 prizes are a really nice boost for city development in between major events and mini events. But they aren't necessary, and some people barely have room to fit them.

DeletedUser8946

Amen. Typically the Path 3 prizes are a really nice boost for city development in between major events and mini events. But they aren't necessary, and some people barely have room to fit them.

For this FA, I find I like the Vallorian Valor at the beginning more then the other two prizes combined. Especially since it produced 3X more Vallorian Guards then I already had. The Sawmill I don't like at all, it takes up 8 squares produces a bit of Mana and a bit of Culture.

DeletedUser9601

For this FA, I find I like the Vallorian Valor at the beginning more then the other two prizes combined. Especially since it produced 3X more Vallorian Guards then I already had. The Sawmill I don't like at all, it takes up 8 squares produces a bit of Mana and a bit of Culture.
Agreed. I really like the Golden Palace, but it really only shines if you're in Halflings or beyond and need seeds. I think the prior FAs, with really nice pop/culture buildings as the 3rd prize were a happy medium for all players.

DeletedUser8946

Agreed. I really like the Golden Palace, but it really only shines if you're in Halflings or beyond and need seeds. I think the prior FAs, with really nice pop/culture buildings as the 3rd prize were a happy medium for all players.

And I just realized you only collect every 24 hours, and I don't like that. It literally produced the same amount as my Mana Hut from a couple chapters ago. So it's bigger, not as strong, and you can only collect once. I'm not in need of Seeds, so I'm not exactly a huge fan of it.

The Unbeliever

So, after damn near breaking my wrist with all the mind-numbingly dull & endless click-click-clicking, FA's are still;
1. Absolute gak overall...
Waaaaaay too much effort to do even just one path due to massive numbers of badges required.

2. The quest cycling is still a bloody nightmare.
There's been plenty of suggestions to fix this, usually the same ideas we keep begging for after every one of these 'torture weeks'.

3. The prizes are rank, flaming garbage.
While Valorian Valor was quite excellent, the other 2 prizes were literally "hope you're in WE's or Halflings, otherwise - Lolz! You suck!trollololz!"
Mana Sawmill was lackluster even when it first came out in last year's Fall event, and is frankly a complete & utter joke for Orks & earlier chapters... meanwhile, Golden Palace is 'okay' for mana, and amazing for Halflings and on where seeds are all important.

4. The whole 'competition' aspect is beyond a bad joke.
basically, unless nearly all/all your fellowship have at least some combination of;
a) most/all diamond expansions
b) multiple current era Magic Residences
c) pay for badges
d) many/most fellows are in between GR chapters
There's exactly 0 chance you can ever even hope to compete for a top 11-20 slot, let alone even think of aiming for the top 1-5...

What would ACTUALLY IMPROVE these rage-inducing exercises in pain & suffering?
Simple;
1. Remove the competition aspect, OR, make it only for Fellowship Ranking pts. (perhaps a bonus applied to every member's overall score?!)
Why should anyone ever do more than the bare minimum when currently, there's almost no difference in additional "rewards" outside of the top 20 or so? Who gives a flying rodent's fart about making it to 31st, when you just get the same kick in the pants as 41st spot does?!:p

2. Fix the damned Quest cycling BS!!
We go over this every single time... currently, it's just soul destroying in how awful it is to be forced to cancel 12-14+ quests, make you one measly collection, then cycle through everything all over again to collect one more badge, then repeat ad nausium, etc...
Not to mention, holy gak Inno - my wrists are friggin broken after all this gak!

3. Better prizes for the 'end of stage' rewards that are useful for ALL players!
Many have said after previous FA's, the 'best' idea for prizes is to give out the pop/culture stuff, or else the likes of the VV or GotOS's, etc...
The 3rd stage could even be one of the 'grand prizes' of a previous seasonal event?! (*cough*phoenixtempleplz*cough*)

4. Put small prizes on the various waypoints.
These don't have to be world changing or anything... but things like runeshards/broken shards & instants at certain 'small' points, and then the 'big' waypoints that can change paths could have the occasional deco or small culture building such as the Dark Signpost or an Elemental Codex/Frozen Flame, etc...
At least with those, there's something for EVERY fellowship to achieve, vs. just the 10-15 or so who *might* be competing for a 'top spot' bonus reward.

But seriously, fix that stupid quest cycling!
I'm in actual, real physical pain after this last "MISadventure". :(

Risen Malchiah

Now that the FA is over, I must admit that the exclusives for the top 3 fellowships look utterly amazing. That was a great idea and it's one of the things that could make me more interested in FA, but the UI has got to change. I'm not gonna even attempt a full clear FA with the current cycling involved.

DeletedUser8946

I must admit that the exclusives for the top 3 fellowships look utterly amazing.
I agree. I got the benefit of joining the team in Elcysandir that got #1 in the FA. It was WAY bigger then I expected, and provided 890 population, which is great for something that only takes up 6 squares. Not to mention it goes massively high into the air. But that benefit is only for the first FS, and after the tenth FS, the buildings aren't nearly worth the effort.

1. Remove the competition aspect, OR, make it only for Fellowship Ranking pts. (perhaps a bonus applied to every member's overall score?!)
That'll be a hard sell. Remember, this is the first thing that FS really CAN do to compete, tournaments don't really give you much boon as a group, as compared to other Fellowships.

But yeah, if you don't stand a chance of getting into the top 20 at all, there's no reason for touching the Whirlpool.

2. Fix the damned Quest cycling BS!!
We go over this every single time... currently, it's just soul destroying in how awful it is to be forced to cancel 12-14+ quests, make you one measly collection, then cycle through everything all over again to collect one more badge, then repeat ad nausium, etc...
Hey, it is better. There's no confirmation. If the 15 seconds you lose while cycling through are SOUL CRUSHING, I've got to ask why you're playing a time burning game like this.

3. Better prizes for the 'end of stage' rewards that are useful for ALL players!
Many have said after previous FA's, the 'best' idea for prizes is to give out the pop/culture stuff, or else the likes of the VV or GotOS's, etc...
The 3rd stage could even be one of the 'grand prizes' of a previous seasonal event?! (*cough*phoenixtempleplz*cough*)

4. Put small prizes on the various waypoints.

Agree on both points. The Valor was an excellent first start. The Sawmill I only bothered placing down because I happened to have the room, and I'll probably sell it in favor of a Fairy Residency, which has the same dimensions for Elves. The Golden Palace is extremely eh. I mentioned this earlier, but it provides LESS then the Mana Hut, despite being bigger, and only gives once every 24 hours. For anyone below Orcs, it's crap. (Then again, if you're getting the Golden Palace, your FS is likely advanced enough that you have very, very few members below Orcs)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If the 15 seconds you lose while cycling through are SOUL CRUSHING, I've got to ask why you're playing a time burning game like this.
That's 15 seconds per badge. Times 2,800 badges is almost a dozen hours of clicking "decline"
Totally unnecessary.
If doing a full clear guaranteed me 1st place, and my share of the work was 2h of decline clicking (plus all other clicking) I think I'd still say "no thanks".

NightshadeCS

Is there a chart that outlines requirements for each colored path and section?
There are many, in fact! I would start with Gamers Gems of Knowledge website to see an overview of the stages, what is required, etc. There are also several good members of this forum who pre-make spreadsheets that you can use to track badges, though it is only useful if you can get a majority of your fellowship to either log on to it or report to someone who does the tracking.

DeletedUser3122

A fellow member knew I had 80 workshops in the last FA and was saying it must take me around 300 clicks to make farmers or smiths. I said no, more if using the PC version.

Create 9 hour productions on 80 workshops: 2 per workshop (click workshop, then #5 or 6 keys) = 160 clicks
Collect: 1 swipe (holding mouse button) for every 5 = 16
Cycling through 14 quests to target farmers 16 times (click quest, click decline 2X=32x14)= 448
Total: 624 to make 16 of either

I mean seriously, it's easier on the mobile app but they put no effort to make it easier for us. There's a drop down menu to view our inventory but not to select quests. That excuse that they can't make drop down menus is getting old.

What also gets me is that the AM or designated mages can't control the map better. We have members adding badges to things we said not to, at least 10 times in both email and chat. They still did it. I understand they're excited and want to contribute as fast as possible. We've also instructed people they must pay attention to what we say. But people are people and this FA should be a far more democratic rather than autocratic experience. I like it when people contribute of their own accord, not because I'm barking out commands what needs to be done.

We made the spreadsheet available to everyone, with careful instructions how to use it. Nope, still had problems but it was still an improvement over doing it all alone. But a separate spreadsheet should NOT BE NEEDED. The game should provide us those tools. Taking people OFFSITE has security risks that I personally think are not ideal. If one wants to score high, they can't just wing a FA and hope they complete all paths. It takes careful planning. Our FS ranked #6 without requiring participation in FA, and that shows good management and planning works. Now if they just gave us the proper tools to do it without my having to be the authority figure!

Last edited by a moderator: