• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA MANAGEMENT

Builder Robin

Please, please, please give Archmages/Mages the ability to block off certain waypoints in the Fellowship Adventures! The discord that this causes in my fellowship is enormous. Some people will never read messages or chat and that makes it impossible to follow a plan that the rest of the fellowship wants to be implemented. It seems like a workable feature.

Flashfyre

Blocking waypoints would also negate the use of the "switch nodes", the one that allow changing of colored path.
I understand the frustration of members not following the plan, but, sometimes, when the only badges they have are for the path not chosen, they're gonna drop 'em where they can.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
but, sometimes, when the only badges they have are for the path not chosen, they're gonna drop 'em where they can.
This. Errant badges into wrong checkpoints used to bother me a lot more years ago when I first started as a FA mage, but it doesn’t bother me as much now, as long as they aren’t dropping a blacksmith or a harder to craft badge. I’d rather not have to wait half a day and hold up the whole train waiting for one or two players. Get your badge in wherever you can then while you are online. We’ve miraculously completed two FAs in a row with no work place accidents so far though. Phew!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Y'all should know, that I have seen this proposed on Beta (by a fellow of mine, Conqueror9, here), and went through the entire process there. One of the players who voted  no proposed the highlight a path. The thread was forwarded for development.

You can see for yourselves which course was chosen for improvement.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It is a problem when players waste badges on waypoints you aren't doing. We had the problem and it took about 2 years to get people to stop doing it. I start as soon as I determine the path we are taking (about 2 days after Beta is done) and hammer it into them as much as I can. I put it in messages and in chat. But since I plan the path, in my calculations, I exclude the usual offenders. In other words, if I think player X is going to waste a bunch of badges because he/she never pays attention, I just leave them out of my figures. Then, if they manage to put badges where they belong, I don't get upset because it's a "bonus." That's how I kept my frustration in check, especially at first. Now we are doing this FA and so far, no lost badges.

Along that line too, since we generally do all the waypoints in stages 1 and 2, I still insist on people doing them in the order I say. Why? As I explain it to them, it's practice. No team goes into a game without practicing all the aspects of the game, even if they aren't needed in most of the game. For instance, you don't do your endurance routines for the first quarter of the game, but for the last. So we practice following orders through the whole game because in the last third we will need to do it right. That explanation, btw, seemed to have a really good impact. Things went from not improving very fast to a great improvement.

Finally, you could make it mandatory they read their mail. I send out a "response measure" every few months to see who is and who is not reading their mail. The ones who don't, get a private message requesting (gently) that they do. This, too, has improved the FA.

AJ

Smooper

Y'all should know, that I have seen this proposed on Beta (by a fellow of mine, Conqueror9, here), and went through the entire process there. One of the players who voted  no proposed the highlight a path. The thread was forwarded for development.

You can see for yourselves which course was chosen for improvement.
Are those small hovering blue spheres above the path supposed to be a highlight? That is pretty poor. There is so much color and busyness going on, I had to look for over 30 seconds to discern that was the highlight markings.

Edit: Looks like every path has hovering spheres of the path specific color. blue path is supposed to be highlighted but I see nothing to show this.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Are those small hovering blue spheres above the path supposed to be a highlight? That is pretty poor. There is so much color and busyness going on, I had to look for over 30 seconds to discern that was the highlight markings.

Edit: Looks like every path has hovering spheres of the path specific color. blue path is supposed to be highlighted but I see nothing to show this.
You are going to have to be more specific. I see a ring around all the waypoints on the marked path, with arrows pointing inwards. I play primarily on the original  Browser format; I do occasionally use my phone to clear tournaments quickly, but would never play exclusively on the mobile app. Ugh, I shudder to even contemplate such a thing - no fighting, can't peek at productions, trading takes too long, KP instants need an extra step for confirmation.. yuck.
But I assume that you are saying that the path markings are unclear on the App, which would make that another reason to avoid its use.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Now, I see them. I didn't even really think of those being a "highlighted path" more like an encircled waypoint. I would like to see a higher contrast and perhaps even a glowing path or footsteps or something, but that is probably my own odd way of looking at things.
Exactly ... I have a problem seeing the highlighted path too, and several of my team members have told me in the past that they didn't notice it. It should be like fire torches or something more obvious.

Soleil Nightbloom

Exactly ... I have a problem seeing the highlighted path too, and several of my team members have told me in the past that they didn't notice it. It should be like fire torches or something more obvious.
Yes, I agree. What is even more frustrating is that even with changing the fellowship flag color, sending multiple messages/ reminders, a firework display, an obvious glowing effect, and/or some other effect, the culprits will STILL drop badges on the wrong path! Having the ability to lock waypoints and customize which waypoints you want to be locked or not should hopefully make placing badges on the wrong path less likely to happen. With that being said, the proposed feature would still be better than nothing and a huge improvement.

I agree with @ajqtrz, that this is a huge problem. I was disappointed and underwhelmed by the "highlighted path" feature when it was first implemented because it doesn't even look highlighted! I thought a highlighted path would be highlighted or illuminated in the color of the entire path, not silver rings that are barely seen. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

defiantoneks

it would be helpful even to have something like this:
Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 11.51.17 AM copy.png

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Blocking waypoints would also negate the use of the "switch nodes", the one that allow changing of colored path.
I understand the frustration of members not following the plan, but, sometimes, when the only badges they have are for the path not chosen, they're gonna drop 'em where they can.
No, it would not. Unless the waypoint being blocked off is one of the tri-color waypoints. A fellowship could block off a single normal colored waypoint on any of the 3 paths. Probably because it wants a lot of one of the hard badges, such as Sack of Coins or Blacksmiths. But you would still be able to do the lower part of 1 path and then switch over to a different path at the tri-colors.

Flashfyre

No, it would not. Unless the waypoint being blocked off is one of the tri-color waypoints. A fellowship could block off a single normal colored waypoint on any of the 3 paths. Probably because it wants a lot of one of the hard badges, such as Sack of Coins or Blacksmiths. But you would still be able to do the lower part of 1 path and then switch over to a different path at the tri-colors.
Yes, the tri-colors as you call them were what I refer to as switch nodes. Blocking those would prevent opening up the other 2 color paths going forward. Not every FS chooses, and follows, just 1 color path; some switch between them, usually because an easier node is available.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yes, the tri-colors as you call them were what I refer to as switch nodes. Blocking those would prevent opening up the other 2 color paths going forward. Not every FS chooses, and follows, just 1 color path; some switch between them, usually because an easier node is available.
As I understood the original proposal, it had nothing to do with the Tri-colors. At least not specifically. All the OP wanted was to have the ability to block off certain waypoints. For example, the 4th waypoint on the Green path of stage 3 requires 90 Sacks of Coins. I would block off this waypoint in a heartbeat if I could. My fellowship would still be able to do the lower part of the blue path and switch to the upper part of the green path if we wanted to.