• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA MANAGEMENT

Flashfyre

As I understood the original proposal, it had nothing to do with the Tri-colors. At least not specifically. All the OP wanted was to have the ability to block off certain waypoints. For example, the 4th waypoint on the Green path of stage 3 requires 90 Sacks of Coins. I would block off this waypoint in a heartbeat if I could. My fellowship would still be able to do the lower part of the blue path and switch to the upper part of the green path if we wanted to.
And yet those tricolors are, in fact, waypoints. As the OP did not state that they only wanted to be able to block off non-tricolor waypoints, the implication is that, under certain circumstances, they would want to block off a particular tricolor. Or some Archmage would. Which, as I pointed out, would interfere with the ability to change the color path from that point forward. And that is probably something the devs would balk at, since it negates an aspect of the FA in general.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Pardon me for saying so, but the bigger problem here is that your membership is not paying attention to your direction. If they are not reading messages and chat, they are rogues. Consider making messages and chat reading mandatory. If they are not willing to do this, they are not truly cooperating and being members of a TEAM. Generally it only takes letting one go and announcing why you let them go before the rest fall in line or get out of your way. Ask me how I know this.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If you envision the blocks to be one full path or another, yes, there is a problem when fellowships want to take different parts of different colored paths. But if you simply have a checkbox next to each waypoint the AM/Mage can check or uncheck whatever path they want in whatever detail they want it. That solves that problem. I have a spreadsheet graphic I use for this and can check any waypoint I want and the ones I don't want. It even checks to insure a full path has been checked through the stage. So if I can do it, it can be done by the professionals at Inno.

AJ

Killy-

I would love it. In my main world we are ending up in the top 3 all the time, so I actually have to pay some attention to the FA -. - If my fellowship could block the points on the third map, that we don't do, then I wouldn't have to read messages about it and remember them. :)

It would be even better, if you could block badges on a waypoint if you wish to. Then people could still dump a single useless badge, if they need to.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
If you envision the blocks to be one full path or another, yes, there is a problem when fellowships want to take different parts of different colored paths. But if you simply have a checkbox next to each waypoint the AM/Mage can check or uncheck whatever path they want in whatever detail they want it. That solves that problem. I have a spreadsheet graphic I use for this and can check any waypoint I want and the ones I don't want. It even checks to insure a full path has been checked through the stage. So if I can do it, it can be done by the professionals at Inno.

AJ
This would be great.

Smooper

I would love it. In my main world we are ending up in the top 3 all the time, so I actually have to pay some attention to the FA -. - If my fellowship could block the points on the third map, that we don't do, then I wouldn't have to read messages about it and remember them. :)

It would be even better, if you could block badges on a waypoint if you wish to. Then people could still dump a single useless badge, if they need to.
You are in the top 3 for fellowships in your server for the FA but you don't do certain waypoints? Could you elaborate? We do all the waypoints and end up from the high 20's to the high 30's in ranking.

Killy-

You are in the top 3 for fellowships in your server for the FA but you don't do certain waypoints? Could you elaborate? We do all the waypoints and end up from the high 20's to the high 30's in ranking.
Sure,
especially on the third map some waypoint are not worth the badges (at least for us). For example a waypoint needs 50 of your rarest badge but only gives you 300 points. Then you might look a little bit further and see, that waypoint gives you access to two more easy waypoints, so it is actually worth 900 points. But, if it is clearly your rarest badge, then you get 10 whole circles in the pit for the 50 badges, which are 3000 points.

Our message for the third map is usually something like "we do the yellow path only till waypoint x and we only do the first one in green but then we start green again after the 2nd merge point but then again don't do the last waypoint there" or something like that and of course I don't want to remember all that. For me it would be enough, to have more options for highlights, because marking one whole way doesn't do anything for us.

Smooper

Sure,
especially on the third map some waypoint are not worth the badges (at least for us). For example a waypoint needs 50 of your rarest badge but only gives you 300 points. Then you might look a little bit further and see, that waypoint gives you access to two more easy waypoints, so it is actually worth 900 points. But, if it is clearly your rarest badge, then you get 10 whole circles in the pit for the 50 badges, which are 3000 points.

Our message for the third map is usually something like "we do the yellow path only till waypoint x and we only do the first one in green but then we start green again after the 2nd merge point but then again don't do the last waypoint there" or something like that and of course I don't want to remember all that. For me it would be enough, to have more options for highlights, because marking one whole way doesn't do anything for us.
This is higher level thinking for FA for sure. I am sure lots do this but not sure it is worth the struggle to gain 6 more places in ranking. I will talk to our FA guide about this.

Deleted User - 849411552

We had a poll prior to the last fellowship adventure and we decided to complete all waypoints on the third map, just for a change. We knew that our score would suffer.

Sure enough, we dropped out of the top ten to finish in twelfth (we always finish in the top ten for as long as anyone can remember). Nonetheless I think everyone enjoyed doing something different - and playing to our utmost in the pit even though we started with a handicap. (Mind you I think we did have some pangs of regret because we didn't quite make it - it would have been very rewarding to make the top ten, in spite of the handicap).

Back to the subject, the current so-called "highlighting" is very easy to overlook. I think the option to selectively block certain waypoints on the map would make for a much more enjoyable and relaxing FA, particularly for those leading the FA. As far as Inno's bottom line, I can't see this affecting the need or desire for some folks to spend diamonds on the FA.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My fellowship also skips certain waypoints on map 3 that would give us way more points total in the pit.

This is the Way.

Actually, skipping everything on the two extra paths on stages 2 and 3, that is not a tricolor, is probably more efficient, providing the entire team can contribute consistently in the Pit and there is not a shortage of any particular badge.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
This is the Way.

Actually, skipping everything on the two extra paths on stages 2 and 3, that is not a tricolor, is probably more efficient, providing the entire team can contribute consistently in the Pit and there is not a shortage of any particular badge.
Ty for the tip!

normankoon

I like the idea of blocking waypoints. However, it may be useful to still allow badges to be dropped on a blocked waypoint - only limit it to one badge at a time.

elvenbee

I like the idea of blocking waypoints. However, it may be useful to still allow badges to be dropped on a blocked waypoint - only limit it to one badge at a time.
Wouldn't allowing people to drop 1 badge at a time defeat the purpose of blocking the waypoint?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
What we need, may be too hard to code. We need to be able to know who has produced what badges, when they are able to deliver them, what badges will have critical shortages and then, lock out just those badges from being used on paths we do not intend to follow.

BrinDarby

We need to be able to know who has produced what badges, when they are able to deliver them, what badges will have critical shortages
Inno has tried to state that FAs are teambuilding excercises.

Logistics and coordination are kinda the point, arent they ?
The problem is tho, that the time outlay for these excercises,
is not compensated by a realistic prize structure..... thus players
ask for things, that reduce that time outlay.

On the flip side is that as time goes on, the "haves" continue
to accumulate more stuff... then the devs seem to constantly
nerf the game due to all that stuff that many ppl have. So,
asking for a better prize structure, is a dbbl edge'd sword.

Who has produced what badges ?? once a day inventory
updates or using a spreadsheet solves that.
When are they able to be delivered ?? ask your FS, try to
coordinate for easier posting of badges.
What badges are in short supply ?? again, refer to your
updated inventories.

These are all things, I think, Inno wants us to increase our
involvement in and be more of a team, than 25 players
just adding to a shared goal.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah but the sad part is that there are always folks who do not communicate, or who drop 12 statues on a waypoint way off the path that we have no intention of finishing. It would be nice to lock out those, while leaving open, guards, carps, hats, etc. Although what may be easy for me, is hard for others.