• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA on June 25th ?

hlywd

I do have to say that with not knowing which FA is coming Monday we all have a fair chance. I am a mage and FA coordinator in a fellowship that no one has gotten past chapter 5 so our cities are not as built up as alot of others are. This is our 4rd FA so we have figured out to start 2day and 1day productions before hand now. But our 1st FA was a big disaster.
Yes I do agree there should be more time between them so we can built our cities and work on the wkly tournaments.
Sometimes life is about surprises and seeing who can get to the top without having a look ahead before it happens..... Just my thoughts and 2cents.

Laochra

Not knowing which version of the FA will launch does nothing to level the playing field. It only makes it equally harder on everyone.
upload_2018-6-23_12-30-47.jpeg
What we can all do with our FA spreadsheets!

DeletedUser6326

<< Yes, there will be a Fellowship Adventure starting next week as we sent out in the in game news, and since we have previously tested different versions of FA's on Beta there is no need to test them again before releasing them to live. Please keep in mind that only untested events need to run on Beta first so FA's should not need 'pre-release' again. Since FA's will now come directly to live, we do not intend to release the version which will run prior to the event.
<< As for the event that is currently being tested on Beta, we have no confirmation of a release date for live. As there are new mechanics involved that need thoroughly tested, it could be weeks before we receive it. We will send out news when we can confirm a start time.
<< Kind regards,
<< Community Manager >>

This makes no sense to me. I watched Timon and another fellow say that they were working on a better badge system for the Adventures. So, will they not be testing that through Beta? o_O (I'm sure they will, the wording is just confusing)...and do we only have the current (what is it, three?) different types of Adventures that the Developers will use from now on? I guess it just means that they won't run any of the Adventures on Beta that have already been introduced to live worlds.
I believe the second part of this as we haven't seen the second quest line for the new Woodelvenstock on Beta yet. Everything is weird right now in Development-land!!! Lol
(thanks for sharing that reply @Laochra :))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16144

These FA's are coming around way too often. I voted for once every other month when they took the poll last month. They drain way too many resources from my fellowship and take up way to much time. We may sit this one out.

DeletedUser6326

No, Beta's not testing it. There's no way for Beta to run an Event and an FA at the same time. Not the first time an FA has gone straight to Live, probably won't be the last.

I meant that they would test the badge system over in Beta first, if they should ever decide to implement a new set-up, as they mentioned they would earlier this year.
It's totally understandable that they don't need to run an already tested Adventure on Beta before it begins on live worlds.
...and you're absolutely right that they couldn't run the Summer event and an Adventure at the same time. :)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I have restrained myself from saying much in the forums of late. However, I shall share some thoughts. They have been sucking the fun out of this game. To fix their balancing mistakes, my city in Khel has taken a huge hit. Not only in population but also in culture. I get that they want to eventually get around to making the prizes upgradeable like they are in FoE. I get the whole spell idea. If you don't have the solutions in place, don't nuke and nerf. It's a very easy little rule to go by. It's like they put the cart before the horse, pushed the cart downhill, but the horse is actually a mule and is just standing there, idly in place. I used to be dedicated to finishing the events, pushing as far into the tournies as I could and I was very excited about the FA's. However, the reward should be in proportion to the effort. A bunch of AW points is fine but I personally would rather the coin and supply instants. Time reductions are okay as well, but not really all that valuable since the events have lost their value, so do I really need to finish it? As much as I would like to think that someday my fellowship will get to the last chest, I can't demand that of anyone who has anything approaching a life. So bring on another FA, with outrageous demands for prizes that aren't worth it. The entire thought of all of this has become depressing.

Buttrflwr

I have restrained myself from saying much in the forums of late. However, I shall share some thoughts. They have been sucking the fun out of this game. To fix their balancing mistakes, my city in Khel has taken a huge hit. Not only in population but also in culture. I get that they want to eventually get around to making the prizes upgradeable like they are in FoE. I get the whole spell idea. If you don't have the solutions in place, don't nuke and nerf. It's a very easy little rule to go by. It's like they put the cart before the horse, pushed the cart downhill, but the horse is actually a mule and is just standing there, idly in place. I used to be dedicated to finishing the events, pushing as far into the tournies as I could and I was very excited about the FA's. However, the reward should be in proportion to the effort. A bunch of AW points is fine but I personally would rather the coin and supply instants. Time reductions are okay as well, but not really all that valuable since the events have lost their value, so do I really need to finish it? As much as I would like to think that someday my fellowship will get to the last chest, I can't demand that of anyone who has anything approaching a life. So bring on another FA, with outrageous demands for prizes that aren't worth it. The entire thought of all of this has become depressing.

Well said, and I am sure it echoes the thoughts and feelings of many of us.

tincture

If the devs would give us better ways to track our badges, organize people, complete the badges, get members to read chat, get members to read messages, get members to put badges in the planned waypoints, not making us feel guilty about letting our Fellows down, know whether we are overproducing or underproducing badges, allow players to not depend on goober mcgooberson getting on at strange hours when they have all the Elegant Statues, allow us to actually have a consistent working chat, gaze into the botomless pit until the bottomless pit gazes back at us, not let goober mcgooberson collect the flag when we told goober mcgooberson not to touch the flag then we have to temporarily demote people the next adventure but we forgot and now we run scared up the mountain toward goober and we're all yelling NOOOO GOOBER! DONT TAkE the FLAG GOOOBER! We're NoT Ready to TAKE THE FLAG! waving our hands like fools but it's too late, 11 out of 25 of us already have our Traveling Merchant I in the summonings inventory.

hlywd

I've heard that it is the first FA (original set of badges only plus goods but not orcs not runes).

Edit: As far as I know, no one knows if it will be exactly the same as the first FA until it appears on the live servers. What we are pretty certain about is that it will be the original badge types. The spoiler is a spreadsheet of which badges and goods were required at each waypoint during the first FA.

index.php
great guess. I printed this as soon as I saw it as I did not have this FA information. Now if I had a spreadsheet from Gems of Knowledge so I can track my fellowship inventory...Thank you for posting this spoiler. Very appreciative..
hlywd of Ren Faire Fans in Sinya Arda