• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA path lockdown

Legilost

Probably been asked before but can we get a vote going to see if we can get it where either an arch mage or mage can lock a path down during an event. I know the goal is communication but good lord some people just flat out refuse. Yes I could get rid of the ones that won't listen but from what I have seen pretty much a lot of fellowships have this problem. If anyone else goes through this like I do I would sure appreciate some support for this. When I mean lockdown I mean where no one can place things on a different path

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, we did ask for something like that and what we got was the highlighting option for a path. I can't remember now if the ability to lock points on the path was rejected or not. Maybe @helya remembers or can access that info?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
That req was on Beta, pretty sure it was Conqueror9's Suggestion.
It's in Approved Ideas and Suggestions here

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The big flaw with this idea is that it could prevent a player from dropping a badge to get credit for a stage and thus miss out. The real fix is to make sure all members know the path and not stray off of it.

Ed
Yep, I agree. But as the OP said, that's a very, very hard thing to do. Right now, my fs is about 60-85 percent responsive -- meaning they respond with asked. The percent who seldom respond sometimes do so about a week or two later. (I exaggerate, it's usually only 3-5 days even though they are on every day). I could, of course, boot them by making it a requirement that they respond within X days, but then I'd have to replace them. And if you know anything about this game, unless you are in the top 20 or so, recruiting can be a bear. We've been looking to fill our roster for six months and no luck. Sigh. So the answer isn't kicking the non-responders but growing the response rate. Here's how I'm trying to do that.

1) About every two weeks I send out a "here or not" msg to which I ask people to respond. Just say, "here" and that's it. I then make it a part of our weekly report...what percentage we are at. So far we moved up from 75% to 80%. Not much, but every little bit helps.

2) I am in the process of contacting the "non-responders" and finding out what can be done to insure they actually get the msg and are motivated to respond. So far, uh, no answers have been forth-coming? Sigh.

3) I'm working on camaraderie. Tryjng to get people talking more in chat, putting out some bi-weekly questions, and so on. Not much luck with the "non-responders" there, either. [Another long sigh here]

Other than that, don't really know what to do to increase communication. As for the FA, over the last 6 or so I've focused on training people to look before they leap by noting the color of the banner (the color is changed to the right path, of course), and making sure the path is marked via the in game selection. Then, if somebody goes off course, I send them a personal reminder. We have now gone from somebody putting stuff on the waypoints we aren't doing several times to about once each FA. So that's an improvement.

In the end it's frustrating but continuous communication on the AM or Mage in charge (the "FAO" or "Fellowship Adventure Officer" in our case) is important as it sets an example and takes away excuses. Over the course of the FA's we have gotten better but it's been a hard slog.

Hope this helps,

AJ

Myne

Oh Wise One
Probably been asked before but can we get a vote going to see if we can get it where either an arch mage or mage can lock a path down during an event. I know the goal is communication but good lord some people just flat out refuse. Yes I could get rid of the ones that won't listen but from what I have seen pretty much a lot of fellowships have this problem. If anyone else goes through this like I do I would sure appreciate some support for this. When I mean lockdown I mean where no one can place things on a different path
I had that problem too for a while. Broke out the trebuchet and used it ONCE. No more problems. Once is all you need. Also sending a message prior to the FA stating that you require a response as to who is playing and that they agree to abide by your strategy is a must. Wakes em up I tell ya!

Legilost

The big flaw with this idea is that it could prevent a player from dropping a badge to get credit for a stage and thus miss out. The real fix is to make sure all members know the path and not stray off of it.

Ed
Dropping a badge is the flaw. If they would just listen we would be at the pit in no time and then its drop city

Zoof

Dropping a badge is the flaw. If they would just listen we would be at the pit in no time and then its drop city
If a player has not dropped any badges during any one of the three stages, they will not receive any rewards for that stage. That's a powerful motivator to try to drop something anywhere they can, given how so-so the rankings rewards are/have become.

EDIT: Besides that, I'd completely understand if it were something of a problem during stage 3, but those waypoints in stages 1 and (maybe) 2 are just flat out better for score than going straight to the pits. For rankings, you're a bit better off polishing off everything in those two stages. Stage 3 is really questionable, but you're still going to want to finish all tri-color waypoints either way.

defiantoneks

i would be for a lockdown at Archmage or Mage control, as they would then be able to determine who had not contributed and open a side path expressly for the missing people once the selected path was complete.
- so, fill Green.
- person A is absent or slow to contribute (and we all know some FS people will fill a selected path IMMEDIATELY because they can and block others from doing so just because they arent considerate/communicating).
- AM opens up a path based on need and input from the missing player(s)
- once AM is satisfied that participation is acceptable, pulls the flag
start again…