• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA pit change

Proposed changes to FA pit

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BBsAmazon

I propose that instead of the same badges that go into the pit and the same rotation, make it so that all badges can be put into the pit. There would still be a requirement of 12 badges total, but assign a point value to each sort of badge, so that everyone in the FS can dispose of ALL of their badges at the end into the pit.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i think it would be hard to balance every single badge for equal time/effort/point value in the pit. Much less to keep it where the pit is doable (not taking 2 day badges and such). - That being said, it is a little annoying not being able to use those extra badges. (Tho a whole lot more annoying then not having enough badges!)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
i think it would be hard to balance every single badge for equal time/effort/point value in the pit. Much less to keep it where the pit is doable (not taking 2 day badges and such). - That being said, it is a little annoying not being able to use those extra badges. (Tho a whole lot more annoying then not having enough badges!)

I don't think she was suggesting that the badge "require" 2 day items, but rather, just to throw everything in, and have each badge weighted to begin with for points. I love that idea.

Yogi Dave

@Xelenia, Can the "Voting" tag be changed on this one, too? I keep clicking on it thinking I need to submit a vote and then slap myself in the forehead once I open it. :p ;) :p ;)
No one except Xelenia should label an idea as voting. Voting means has a specific meaning - that there is a poll in place. She has already changed another thread to not be marked as voting. At least that thread was about adding a 3rd option for voting. Please, don't add the burden on her to come up with an appropriate prefix. If you can @BBsAmazon, please change the prefix.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@BBsAmazon
This is a primarily player driven forum with volunteer moderators. Inno staff does not engage with this forum.
Our volunteer moderators worked really hard to set up a system where ideas from this forum could be sent to the people who could actually implement them. Prior to March 2020, the only forum path to the developers was from Beta. The devs have strict requirements for what they are willing to even look at from us and you can find those requirements here:
Ideas and Suggestions Forum Guide
What basically happens: Someone posts an idea/suggestion in the required format, discussion ensues, the original poster edits the original post to include pertinent parts of that discussion, and a mod is tagged that it is in its final form and ready for a vote. No changes are allowed to the original post after a poll has been created; it is very important to make sure what is stated in the post is exactly what is being voted on. Then, a mod creates a poll with a time limit specified. At the end of that time, if the votes are there, the original post (and only that post, non of the discussion) is sent to the devs. This is a one-way path. While the mods do share if they ever hear back from the devs (usually a 'not what you wanted to hear, but...' kind of response) the devs will not commit to ever responding to these suggestions.
It's not the perfect system we would like, but most of us are just thankful there is a path at all now.

BBsAmazon

@BBsAmazon
This is a primarily player driven forum with volunteer moderators. Inno staff does not engage with this forum.
Our volunteer moderators worked really hard to set up a system where ideas from this forum could be sent to the people who could actually implement them. Prior to March 2020, the only forum path to the developers was from Beta. The devs have strict requirements for what they are willing to even look at from us and you can find those requirements here:
Ideas and Suggestions Forum Guide
What basically happens: Someone posts an idea/suggestion in the required format, discussion ensues, the original poster edits the original post to include pertinent parts of that discussion, and a mod is tagged that it is in its final form and ready for a vote. No changes are allowed to the original post after a poll has been created; it is very important to make sure what is stated in the post is exactly what is being voted on. Then, a mod creates a poll with a time limit specified. At the end of that time, if the votes are there, the original post (and only that post, non of the discussion) is sent to the devs. This is a one-way path. While the mods do share if they ever hear back from the devs (usually a 'not what you wanted to hear, but...' kind of response) the devs will not commit to ever responding to these suggestions.
It's not the perfect system we would like, but most of us are just thankful there is a path at all now.
Thank you for that. I knew the part about the mods being volunteer, but after that... very good information. Much appreciated.