• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA push towns must End! That's clear cheating!

Smooper

@BrinDarby I was not saying you run push cities I was saying you ran cities at a low level which top the spire and could be used to collect diamonds to use on your main city. If a person was willing he could gather gold spire diamonds from 7 cities to put into his account and use in his main city to "push" it more quickly through development.

Maeryn

Input from a chapter 3 city is pointless, since now new cities will have the new tech tree and not unlock Spire until chapter 4 and be useless for anything tournament-related until chapter 5.
I’m on the new tech tree and ran all the way up the spire for the ashen phoenix artifacts until I got all nine of them. I did have a couple of weeks of the previous artifacts prior to that but it was very rough going do to needing to adjust my city from doing just the tech tree to doing spire, tournament and tech tree.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@crackie recently started a new city and she said she got the old tech tree. I do not know if this is a situation where existing accounts get grandfathered into the old rules. Or if it is random right now which tech tree a new city gets.

But also, don't you have it backwards? I thought the new system unlocked tournament in ch 4 and the spire in ch 5.
From what I understand, all new cities made regardless of accounts already existing or not is random of which tech tree they get.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@BrinDarby I was not saying you run push cities I was saying you ran cities at a low level which top the spire and could be used to collect diamonds to use on your main city. If a person was willing he could gather gold spire diamonds from 7 cities to put into his account and use in his main city to "push" it more quickly through development.
Simpler than that you can start 7 new cities and just do the tutorial until you are awarded ~250 diamonds. Then abandon the cities and just wait for them to be deleted in 30 days. It's not as much as 4 spires per month, but it's almost no effort.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie recently started a new city and she said she got the old tech tree. I do not know if this is a situation where existing accounts get grandfathered into the old rules. Or if it is random right now which tech tree a new city gets.
Yes, my 2 wk old city got the old tech tree. @Yavimaya It's currently a random roll of the dice which tech tree you get, but I assume as time goes on, everyone will likely be tracked to the new tree. I've also heard the new tech tree is actually a whole lot easier to get through because it costs less for everything--KPs, coins, supplies, and goods.

Simalarly we have people that argued, that the new bagde-collecting is bad, because collecting every badge individual would be a skill and not a waste of hours of your lifetime...
Wait, hold on... the Germans are complaining the new collection system is...a bad thing?

Not a bad idea at all. I am considering taking a parked city that I struggle to play often enough and do the same.

Ed
You also need a city just to meet new people to chat with.

As a member of the team in question, I would say mainly that this apparent blowout is also largely attributed to the team which has gotten 1st place every other time for the past many FA's decided not to push this time.
As a member of the team that decided to collectively observe Canadian Thanksgiving, I concur. We tried to retire from FA back in March, but were chuffed and somewhat annoyed to find we were still in 1st while "not trying". We tried harder at not trying this time, with honoring Canadians on the line. However, our choice to observe Canadian Thanksgiving has no bearing on your team's efforts so congrats, @Farinx and the rest of your team, on the FA win. I did thoroughly enjoyed fielding all the random inquiries from people on Ceravyn asking where's my shantytown and educating them about Canadian Thanksgiving by pasting random tidbits from wikipedia.

On US4 Khelonaar the FS you are so worried about would have lost by 28K because the top scoring FS in Khel had a final score of 131,300. Not going to name the FS here in order to be polite, but anybody who plays there probably knows who it is. But I will say I double checked Elvenstats and there were no membership changes in that FS for several weeks previous to the FA. So there were none of the substitutions you are concerned with. Nothing questionable at all, this FS is just THAT good at FAs. As far as I can remember: since I started playing in Feb 2020, they've been top ranked in every single FA except for 1.
I thought the same thing. There are gigantic jumps in competition going from 30k to 50k to 80k to 100k to 130k. My baby city is in a FS that doesn't seem to care for FAs and they took it easy, finishing in the top 20, which is still pretty good, but it felt like we stopped in the middle of each map to build a settlement! FA moved in slow-mo there compared to my other FSs that are FA junkies. I think that's the difference between the bell curve and the outliers. Groups that "take it easy" might drop 20k-30k in points from their "all out" effort, which means a group hitting 130k can "relax" their way into 100k and that's still a crazy lot of points. The 100k "all out" group can "relax" their way to 70k-80k range. Remember, people taking it easy have no need to spend diamonds! So if a group's "all out" effort is still below the threshold of someone else "taking it easy", then I question how much do they really know about competing in FAs seriously. There's so much more to being good at FAs than just building shantytowns. To me, it's kinda like the Spire. People that climb Spire regularly think it's no big deal. Those that don't have a litany of reasons why they don't, won't, or can't. Groups that compete in FAs seriously have just built up the muscles and conditioning for it so even when they relax, they're still in better shape than most.

I think there is probably way more diamond spending in the non-competitive tracks with fellowships struggling to complete 3 stages than the groups that are really competitive. Just like in general, early chapters spend more money than more established, late chapter players that already have all the bells and whistles. The first group is desperately trying to finish and probably need the prizes. The second group knows the prizes are not commiserate with effort and were never doing it for the prizes to begin with. I am sure some competitive groups spend diamonds, but I don’t think it’s as much as people are led to believe. There's probably a whole lot more cases of groups that want to assume other people are spending diamonds because it's easier than convincing their own group to commit/attempt/try for 100k without using diamonds themselves.

My EN group is in the position of being so close, yet so far away. We're good enough to land in 2nd and hit ~90k, which may win on some servers, but it's still 45k short of the leaders on the server that matters because they also can hit 135k. It's still a crazy large gap! If I were the leaders, I'd prob not bother spending any diamonds with such a commanding lead. We're not too concerned about what they're doing though because what they do have no bearing on how we acquire points. I tell my group to just focus on their cities and trimming the fat so long as they still want to keep trying. If they're bored or sick of it, then we'll just go celebrate Chinese New Year or something instead. Until then, we're still sharpening our skills and trying to get better. We're mostly competing against ourselves.

Sooo, after reading through all of this, there are a couple conclusions to be made:
Inno stopped the rule benders as far as Spire is concerned, by limiting alts due to time in FSs etc
Inno cando the same as far as FAs, when they decide to put their foot down
You & I,as far as players go, can debate this til the cows come home.
For now anyway, it is what it is,,,

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Simpler than that you can start 7 new cities and just do the tutorial until you are awarded ~250 diamonds. Then abandon the cities and just wait for them to be deleted in 30 days. It's not as much as 4 spires per month, but it's almost no effort.
Have you confirmed this lately? I went into Arendyll by mistake a week or two ago and got bored before seeing a sniff of 250 diamonds. Maybe I'm just easily bored.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Inno stopped the rule benders as far as Spire is concerned, by limiting alts due to time in FSs etc
Inno cando the same as far as FAs, when they decide to put their foot down
I think that has more to do with FS perks though and no perks govern FAs.
Have you confirmed this lately? I went into Arendyll by mistake a week or two ago and got bored before seeing a sniff of 250 diamonds. Maybe I'm just easily bored.
You don’t get the tutorial again if you create a new city in a new world from an existing account (which you need to do to share diamonds). There are some minor diamond quests but you still have to play through the excruciating coin crunch, which you can’t really speed up by just having some FS member throw goods at you. I would not say this is an easy free diamond strategy.

Last edited: