• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA unused badges

paw123

Hi guys ,
- the badges that we don`t use seem to evaporate and are being lost with the end of the Fellowship Adventure - how about keeping them banked for the next event ? what do you think ?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Interesting concept. I don't think they'd want to store that info, but it would be better than what we have now.

Frankly, I'd rather see the "pit" as a true pit, where you can dump all of your badges and have each one worth a certain amount of points, depending on the badge. Then you can just use up all of them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
They did this when the FA's were first released. It lasted for one FA, but it skewed the rankings on the very first day of launch of the 2nd FA. I don't think they did anything when it was reported in beta and it came live iirc. It was apparent that the ability to store badges from one FA until the next was extremely vulnerable to exploitation. The feature bug bad idea(dunno what they decided it was tbh) was removed before the 3rd FA launched and I don't think it will be viewed as a viable solution to unused badges.
Not opposed to a point system for dumping badges in the pits. I'd just caution that we be careful in how/what we ask for. We finally got the (long overdue imo) badges to recognize and store overflow productions. That caused a significant increase in the number of badges required for the paths on the 3 stages, but had no effect on the number of pit badges. I'd expect the dumping of all badges to increase final points significantly, so are we also advocating for more expensive pit windows?
After this many years, I'm personally numb to having (sometimes hundreds, esp of like guard badges) unused badges disappear into the ether

Flashfyre

For all of you complaining about the lost badges, let me ask you a question:
To lose something implies that it has intrinsic, material value to you; what material cost do the badges require of you that their disappearance at the end of the event is seen as a loss?

AFAIK, all the badges are awarded upon completion of everyday tasks, ones that you would complete anyhow. And, none of the tasks involve the expenditure of either :diamond: :diamond: or actual money to complete. So, while it may seem as if we should be able to use all the badges we make, in reality these badges are ephemeral, and their value is fleeting, only important during the event.

In the end, the evaporation of unused badges worries me not. They cost me nothing to create, and they cost me nothing when they go.

Zoof

For all of you complaining about the lost badges, let me ask you a question:
To lose something implies that it has intrinsic, material value to you; what material cost do the badges require of you that their disappearance at the end of the event is seen as a loss?

AFAIK, all the badges are awarded upon completion of everyday tasks, ones that you would complete anyhow. And, none of the tasks involve the expenditure of either :diamond: :diamond: or actual money to complete. So, while it may seem as if we should be able to use all the badges we make, in reality these badges are ephemeral, and their value is fleeting, only important during the event.

In the end, the evaporation of unused badges worries me not. They cost me nothing to create, and they cost me nothing when they go.
I'd like to make the very distant and half (quarter?) hearted argument that the workshop and manufactory badges, if minimaxed in some form or manner, results in an opportunity cost from what would otherwise be deployed T2 and T3 manufactories, some residences, and/or armories. Those badges, which tend to evaporate on their own anyway, does leave a slightly empty feeling when I lose them at the end.

Not really enough to forward a formal complaint over, since I've long accepted that that sort of gameplay naturally has those costs associated with them, and can be covered by sufficient preparation in advance.

The Wonder Society Badge, on the other hand, can all get thrown into a raging dumpster fire for all I care. Those things accumulate in my fellowship to such a degree that you could get some glue and paste them onto a boat's hull to such a degree that it would make a good pass at battleship armor.

Various KP swap/exchange methods, which have been recently discussed in other threads, helps facilitate the impromptu badge armorificating and armamentifying. If only the devs would recognize this and allow us to spend them on something useful. Like a temporary HP buff to all troops to commemorate the conversion of the copious quantities of ceremonial certificates into curiously constructed multi-class cuirasses

Last edited:

OIM20

We need an LOL option, right next to the Like option. Pleeeeease?! :D
Different thread, as that's a forum feature you're suggesting. ;)

Now, would there be a full reaction sequence?
Giggle:
laughing8.gif

LOL:
laughing6.gif

rofl:
laughing-emoji-19.gif
or
laughing-emoji-38.gif

laughing-so-hard-I-cried:
laughing4.gif
(does that one have an abbreviation?)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I destroy my cities to add workshops and T1s. I know it's a choice but I'm in smaller fellowship in all my worlds, made up of a variety of player levels and activity levels. If I didn't do this (as do others in my fellowships) we couldn't make the number of badges to complete a path in all three stages. Between adventures I don't carry that many workshops. I have to devote that space to the guest races whose builds just get bigger and bigger and bigger, disallowing having a city that is pretty. So, yeah, I will continue to want the pit to be a pit. I will continue to want to be able to use every badge I make. I will continue to talk about it. Everything requires more, and I personally, when looking at the prizes at the end, get less out of it than I put in. I enjoy doing it because it is the one time when everyone talks, everyone shows they want to participate because some badges are easy kills like the WS and ET. Tourneys can be difficult and intimidating for small cities when someone in the fellowship puts up 3000 pts and they can only contribute a minimum. The spire as well... So when you look at the bigger picture, there is more to it than just that. BESIDES, having a hundred level one workshops still doesn't produce enough supplies to really make it worth it.. does it? SO yeah, give me something in return for the effort. It costs INNO nothing.

paw123

to answer question about what are we loosing - time boosters ? :) if we have decided to send our valued items back to the drawer we do use the teleportation bits , we do use the wholesaler to buy points so the prices are growing - obviously there are things that we do sacrifice during FA , also I would strongly disagree with the term abuse when / if used during the next fa -at the end of the day these are the tems that you have made - you didn`t steal them isn`t it ? :)

Last edited: