• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA

Misslovely

Why can't Elvenar start their FA on a Saturday and end on a Saturday? So this way we have more time on the last day to throw all the badges into the pit. People are either working or in school. It's not fair. Not even fun anymore. We use to have the pit on Sunday, and we spent the whole day as a team throwing our badges in the pit. That's my suggestion. PLus the gifts are lame. Maybe if you had better gifts people would get more involved too.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh goody a chance to review this issue.

First: Apparently Germany has labor laws that prevent their populace from working anytime after lunch on Saturday right through to Monday morning. I think this also covers evenings.
Second: FAs are still so badly coded that the starting and final hours require direct monitoring by their techies in order to shut down error free.
Ergo, FA cannot start or end when no one is around to tweak things. So no weekend starts and it will always end during this server's workday. :rolleyes:

BrinDarby

@Lelanya ,
#1 , therefore support is "volunteers" not "employees" ?
#2 , "badly coded".... incompetence ? , lazyness ?
( yes laugh a bit :eek: )

Seriously tho, in a global climate, where specific regions have
thier own servers, times for events/ect/ect should be Sync'd to
those regions, not the region where the game is admin'd from.
--Right ??--

Lelanya

@Lelanya ,
#1 , therefore support is "volunteers" not "employees" ?
#2 , "badly coded".... incompetence ? , lazyness ?
( yes laugh a bit :eek: )

Seriously tho, in a global climate, where specific regions have
thier own servers, times for events/ect/ect should be Sync'd to
those regions, not the region where the game is admin'd from.
--Right ??--
Lol
Well Forge of Empires comes to mind, doesn't it?

neeronie

Why can't Elvenar start their FA on a Saturday and end on a Saturday? So this way we have more time on the last day to throw all the badges into the pit. People are either working or in school. It's not fair. Not even fun anymore. We use to have the pit on Sunday, and we spent the whole day as a team throwing our badges in the pit. That's my suggestion. PLus the gifts are lame. Maybe if you had better gifts people would get more involved too.
With the number of Ghosts in a Bottle needed, it should be set to get the most out of tournament. Smaller fellowships and those with many small cities with fewer provinces don't have a chance to get the badges needed to complete stage 3. Your idea would be fine if the demands for the badges that are earned from encounters or gaining relics were adjusted. The prizes have always been lame. It is the teamwork aspect of the FA that makes me want to do it.

Misslovely

Thank you for your replies. Why can't the United States have their own version of Elvenar in the states? We have great computer programmers here. Could help out the people in Germany. Just a thought.

Lelanya

Thank you for your replies. Why can't the United States have their own version of Elvenar in the states? We have great computer programmers here. Could help out the people in Germany. Just a thought.
I am immediately reminded of a proposal put forth on the International Forum, iirc. Folks there wanted an Aussie server, with events scaled to their seasons and released in advance of the ones here.
I believe they were told in no uncertain terms that to run a separate server with its own independent time zones and events would be extremely costly.

Count Rupert

Oh goody a chance to review this issue.

First: Apparently Germany has labor laws that prevent their populace from working anytime after lunch on Saturday right through to Monday morning. I think this also covers evenings.
Second: FAs are still so badly coded that the starting and final hours require direct monitoring by their techies in order to shut down error free.
Ergo, FA cannot start or end when no one is around to tweak things. So no weekend starts and it will always end during this server's workday. :rolleyes:

I don't think that's quite true. Certainly not universal as I've been to Germany in the Hofbrauhaus on a Saturday evening. I found this:

"Workers can either go Monday through Friday or Monday through Saturday. Additionally, no work is allowed on Sundays outside of transportation or food and beverage industries. For either work schedule, the Working Hours Act stipulates that the maximum amount of hours worked in a week cannot exceed 48 hours.Oct 26, 2021"

This would indicate they can work Saturdays.

Lelanya

So I am only going on what I have read on the International server and/or Forum, from those who've been there. I said, lunchtime on Saturday. But if some industries work later I could see that.

Count Rupert

Clearly they have some way of being able to keep the servers up over the weekends even if most or all the programmers don't work. Afterall they do have tournaments end on Saturday and they start The Spire on Sunday.

Zoof

Clearly they have some way of being able to keep the servers up over the weekends even if most or all the programmers don't work. Afterall they do have tournaments end on Saturday and they start The Spire on Sunday.
Clearly the devs put in the effort to make sure that they don't have to do manual intervention for something that happens so often that it just becomes another fact of life. Something too often to just not (properly) automate. Not that this hasn't been a problem before, but it still works. Mostly.

With the frequency by which Inno runs events, one would've thought that they'd give similar care and attention, but I suppose everything's so fiddly that someone has to be at the helm at the start and end of every event. The major hint of it being that way is that the event's final day always has a few more hours attached, with the reasoning always being so that the event's end doesn't happen outside of normal work hours. Where did I get that? The wording's sometimes a bit different, but it's in the disclaimer of just about every event that has been announced in recent memory.

Fellowship Adventures is no different. The devs even put in the work to make it have the same sort of event countdown that all the other events have. Which is nifty. And it shows what they think of FA with respect to other events: One of us!

Last edited: