• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Factor tournament difficulty in Ranking Points Awarded

Clusseau

Players ranking scores have increased about 10x since Tournaments began.
Ranking points awarded for Top 100 in tournament have not changed.

A player winning 500 points in the new tournament may need to defeat 5x as many enemy units as a top finisher, who gets 1000 pts.

The new Tournament already has a formula to determine difficulty for each player.
This difficulty factor could be applied to Ranking points awarded.
Programming it would require multiplying two numbers that already exist, once per week, for 100 players per server.

For many players any advancement at all - (research, AW, Expansions)- grows more harmful with every achievement.
If tournament scores are no longer a measure effort and achievement, this compensating factor may provide a reason for some players to continue the game, and provide something for newer players to aspire to.

The upside would be Large and Broad, giving players ongoing objectives to play for, and Update of points awarded is already long overdue.
The only downside that comes to mind is that it might reveal how unfair the new tournament "difficulty calculations" are.

Apology if this is already suggested- ive not seen it.

Meggi

even though the ranking points would be attractive, I still don't want to slaughter my army, just because some genius in Woodelves chapter has decided he knows the best how this game should be run..Made it easy for him self, well no worries , he will get to later chapters as well..

Yogi Dave

You say two numbers. One is the normal points scored and the other is 'difficulty factor'. I don't see a clear definition of this. Do you mean initial number of troops? That number is more of a cost number. Difficulty is the ratio between their troops and yours for a battle. So, I suspect you mean the initial number of troops you would bring to a battle since that will reflect the cost in troops and goods required. Difficulty is the same for everyone.

Clusseau

The insane (Upward) slope in tournament squad sizes is the primary Flaw of the new tournament.
I've only seen inno refer to it as "difficulty". (as-in, a number established for each of us at the beginning of each tournament).

even though the ranking points would be attractive, I still don't want to slaughter my army, just because some genius in Woodelves chapter has decided he knows the best how this game should be run..Made it easy for him self, well no worries , he will get to later chapters as well..

Im in total agreement, but must note that not everyone is. My suggestion would serve both.
Those getting hammered would have a some reward matching their effort.
Those who still deny that the formula is imbalanced would also receive fair rewards, with no reason to object.

Regardless of the Tournament Formula, It can still be applied, and would be a Useful and Timely fix to the Points Awarded,

Clusseau

This also seems to satisfy Inno's concern for newer players.
It must be Daunting indeed to find you're spending 2-3 months in a chapter, and there are 17 of them!

An imbalance to Tournament difficulty allows them (-Has Always Allowed them-) Easier access to reaping KP and Spells from tournament, so they can perhaps upgrade some AW levels, while still quickly moving along?

Advanced players want their KP and Spells, but then still have to find ways to convert them into Progress (=points!).
Awarding Points this way will not only compensate for reduced KP prizes, but actually make City Advancement a Good thing again.

Iyapo1

This also seems to satisfy Inno's concern for newer players.
It is very confusing when you use the term newer players to reference everyone below chapter 16 and then you actually talk about new players with 17 chapters ahead of them.

As a new player(chapter 5) I am not daunted by the 12 chapters ahead of me. In fact I look forward to reaching them, eventually.

An imbalance to Tournament difficulty allows them (-Has Always Allowed them-) Easier access to reaping KP and Spells from tournament, so they can perhaps upgrade some AW levels, while still quickly moving along?
I am not sure what is ment by this. I assume it is directed at those chapter 14 new players?