• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Failed fellowship adventure event -

Do you think a game prize apology is in order considering the major screw up of the failed FA event?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 56.7%

• Total voters

edeba

I thought that it was great that it ended up being cancelled as well, but this event is a massive FAIL.

It was hardly a minor inconvenience to fellowships that got organized for this event. It wasted a ton of time, and for something that is horribly designed for competition because of the length of time and they gave TWO failed start times that had our member first wasting time wondering what to do when it got pulled.

Inno IGNORED and pushed this event through for the first FA which should NOT have happened based on the feedback from beta. The scrolling to make badges is horrible design and has left nothing but dread for this event. So, then they IGNORED the live feedback that said the SAME thing. And then they are a royal screw up for pushing the defective product without any consideration to the feedback from live AND beta. There was zero in feedback to favor this event more than once per month, but there was feedback to favor less than once per month and they ignored this as well, pushing it just two weeks later.

We initially had fun with it, but it was too long and too tedious to actually make the badges. We lost a player because of it.

I do hope they actually respond to feedback over the crap interface, the crap prizes (you can probably do 3x better from the next event in prizes and instants with far less than half the effort required to actually win a previous event prize,) and that it is too long for a competition.

And I vote NO. It was a minor inconvenience and a great relief to have the FA cancelled! It's fair that they are refunding diamonds to those players who spent them for the cancelled Adventure, but beyond that, no one is owed anything. These things happen... especially when they rush things out before they're really ready.

DeletedUser6219

I voted NO. I realize this is a fantasy world that we are playing in, but it is controlled by the real world - and in the real world sh*t happens and you deal with it. The statements of entitlement make me LOL. "I wasted soo much time." Uhh that's the entire point of this game.. it wastes people's time. Did you build a bunch of buildings and start their productions... if so once you claim the goods/supplies then you received something for that work. Completing tasks ahead of a launch is silly and not needed to complete all 3 stages of the FA.

DeletedUser7421

When a game is part of a company that claims to have made 150 million euros profit - it's not a game to them, it's a business. Businesses have certain responsibilities to people that use their products.

This game is marketed as a FREE browser game - therefore not only cash paying customers need to be considered and compensated when major errors like this occur.

DeletedUser3638

It is a business for sure and the devs have exactly one job...to keep the game running. By the way US server is down right now....so that is not happening

DeletedUser6219

Did Inno tell you to build in advance? No I don't think so. Did Inno state that building in advance is needed for the event...No I don't think so. You CHOSE to do something in the hopes that the event would go live. The event will be here; just not within the next few days/weeks. So you can choose to keep those items sitting just like they are (and use those items for the next event and then the FA); or you can choose to deconstruct them. You have choices...you made choices.. no one in Inno forced you to do this...or even recommend that you do this. You act like you spent 20 hours plopping down a bunch of level 1 structures. If you chose to spend diamonds... again that is your choice; and while they will not help you do the FA right now...the FA will be back...so you can either be patient and wait or you can be impatient and whine about what you think you are entitled to - one is a mature response to a real world issue happening and the other is a childish reaction... Choices - that is what life is about.

WolfSinger

While I voted no to this particular question - I do believe there are times when INNO should offer compensation gifts - just like many other games do. For example: the game crashing and players not being able to access it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When a game is part of a company that claims to have made 150 million euros profit - it's not a game to them, it's a business. Businesses have certain responsibilities to people that use their products.
I believe part of the problem is that you think they are in the business of providing a free game. I think they are in the business of selling diamonds. The free game is a gigantic advertisement for diamonds. If you are playing the game and not buying diamonds, you are not a customer of Inno, you are simply looking at their advertising. The people who bought diamonds for the event are the only customers who suffered, and they have been offered a full refund of any diamonds spent during the time the event ran.

DeletedUser7421

believe part of the problem is that you think they are in the business of providing a free game. I think they are in the business of selling diamonds. The free game is a gigantic advertisement for diamonds. If you are playing the game and not buying diamonds, you are not a customer of Inno, you are simply looking at their advertising. The people who bought diamonds for the event are the only customers who suffered, and they have been offered a full refund of any diamonds spent during the time the event ran.

This game is very well advertised and marketed as a FREE browser game. Just because something is given freely, that does NOT reduce their liability.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes, Ashrem.... A lot of books, comics, games and movies have been pulled in the past - AFTER going on sale - NOT on opening NIGHT!
Not true. My book store hosted a book launch for an author and it turned out the publisher had printed an earlier revision, not the final edits. It was on the shelf for a few hours, and then we had to pull it and ship it back.

DeletedUser7370

Here Ashrem, come I'll give you a FREE glass of juice laced with cyanide. Im pretty sure I'd still be charged with murder after you died - and that claiming Im not responsible for your death because I gave you FREE juice wouldn't hold up very well.
Liability and culpability are very different things. You would be culpable for murder, but likely not liable for wrongful death.

DeletedUser7421

Time is money - and a whole lot of people invest a whole lot of time into this game. There is a responsibility for this game to compensate customers that lost cash, but also customers that lost time. Marketing and advertising this game as a FREE browser game establishes that. If they want to market and advertise this game as the worlds most expensive paid browser game - then they'd ONLY have responsibility and liability to their cash paying customers - until then, there is a responsibility and liability to all customers using their product.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Are you sure they did it for THAT reason, and NOT because YOU'RE a nit-picking sonofagun?
Quite sure.
Oh, and they pulled an EXISTENT book in this example - not a new one on opening night.
Now I don't know what you're talking about. Any book exists the day it goes on sale. The book that was pulled had been printed and sent out to many stores across the country, and on the day it first went on sale, they pulled it. It was an existing book the day it went on sale. there have been others, that's just one I remember. Other were pulled after they'd been shipped to us but before we were to put them on sale. Others were on sale for days, or weeks, before they were recalled.

and NOT because YOU'RE a nit-picking sonofagun?
You might want to visit the thread where we're discussing bullying behavior. Or the forum rules. either one might give you some information you are lacking.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Time is money
Time is only money if you would have been doing something other than playing the game during that time.

There is a responsibility for this game to compensate customers that lost cash, but also customers that lost time. Marketing and advertising this game as a FREE browser game establishes that.
I'm sure you'd like to believe that's true, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.
Even if you don't buy anything from amazon....you sort of expect that the code will be written correctly to function
But do you honestly believe Amazon owes you money if you try to find a book but can't because the code is wrong? Or should you just try searching somewhere else?
Liability and culpability are very different things. You would be culpable for murder, but likely not liable for wrongful death.
It also depends if she knew the cyanide was there. If someone can show that Inno knew the Fellowship adventure was broken and pushed it out anyway that would be pretty bad business. I still don't think they'd owe us compensation, but I'd probably stop playing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7421

I'm still waiting for someone to file a lawsuit claiming injury from the excessive and repetitive click, click, click, click, click, click, click, clicking. :) LOL
-->Free or paying customer! (why do you think wedding parties have to buy liability insurance to serve free meals and free booze to non-paying guests?) :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7370

why do you think wedding parties have to buy liability insurance to serve free meals and free booze to non-paying guests?
Because of a law.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/dram-shop-liability-state-statutes.aspx

Specifically the service of alcohol to a person that is already well intoxicated. Such persons can go on to injure a 3rd party that was in no way connected to the service of alcohol, but such injuries are held to be a foreseeable consequence of serving a notably intoxicated person.

Inno is serving a game. Please demonstrate how being served a game causes injury to a 3rd party not involved in the service of the game. :)

Calenmir

Time is only money if you would have been doing something other than playing the game during that time.

I'm sure you'd like to believe that's true, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.
But do you honestly believe Amazon owes you money if you try to find a book but can't because the code is wrong? Or should you just try searching somewhere else?
It also depends if she knew the cyanide was there. If someone can show that Inno knew the Fellowship adventure was broken and pushed it out anyway that would be pretty bad business. I still don't think they'd owe us compensation, but I'd probably stop playing.
Sorry Ashrem, I'm no good at removing the quoted parts I don't want - so apologies for quoting the whole thing. All I would like to SUGGEST is that we change your above comment from 'WOULD have been doing something' to 'SHOULD have been doing something' ??????

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
-->Free or paying customer! (why do you think wedding parties have to buy liability insurance to serve free meals and free booze to non-paying guests?) :)
I'm sorry to hear someone got drunk and caused a motor vehicle accident that killed someone as a result of the event bug. That's definitely a problem.