• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fair Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Can we debate what snack is proper for debate watching? ;)
You may debate it, but true believers have faith there is only cake. Whether it is the sweet-bitter cake of Devils-food, the tangy comfort of BBQ ribs cake, the salty-fluff cake of popcorn, or one of the many avatars of cake which lay amongst and between them.

"There is no snack but cake, and Soggy is its prophet"

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And someone noticed they don't see a lot of T3 goods asked for in the catering in tourneys. I fight 95% of the tourney, but do keep an eye on the catering costs. I see no shortage in the need of T3 needed in catering.
Across the entire landscape, there is a constant influx of new players and some longer-term players shift to combat the longer they play, I'd expect that (server-wide) there is probably more need for T1 than T3. Some of that should be offset by more production, but also new players who don't understand that they shouldn't produce non-boost may drive demand for T1

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've read enough of this and a few other threads to know that some people has a rather dim view of T3 to T2/T1 trades, but what about T1 to T2/T3 or T2 to T1/T3 trades?
For the most part, they don't exist so either they are taken very quickly or not offered at all which certainly points to the current 2-star ratio being off.
And someone noticed they don't see a lot of T3 goods asked for in the catering in tourneys. I fight 95% of the tourney, but do keep an eye on the catering costs. I see no shortage in the need of T3 needed in catering.
In my fairly extensive testing, it's almost half T1 with the other half split between T2&T3

Mykan

Oh Wise One
For the most part, they don't exist so either they are taken very quickly or not offered at all which certainly points to the current 2-star ratio being off.

Its a bit like with sentient and ascended goods, you never see the trades for certain goods that are in demand. Doesn't mean people can't trade those goods, it is simply the demand for those goods exceeds supply.

People do take the trades up but they are rarely seen as they generally don't have to post them, especially when by accepting trades they can get 3 star offers. Exactly the same happens with in demand S and A goods, why post something for 2 stars when a 3 star option is waiting for you.

It makes it impossible for us to know how much trading up happens but it must occur otherwise the demand would have to be less.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
You may debate it, but true believers have faith there is only cake. Whether it is the sweet-bitter cake of Devils-food, the tangy comfort of BBQ ribs cake, the salty-fluff cake of popcorn, or one of the many avatars of cake which lay amongst and between them.

"There is no snack but cake, and Soggy is its prophet"

Do not forget and laud the plethora of varieties of ricotta cake. Cheese makes everything better and with ricotta cake, especially one flavored of vanilla, candied maple bacon is perfect. And yes, bacon makes everything better as well!

satchmo33

So. OK. Over time I've seen many many discussions such as this one...going on and on ad nauseum. Look. We are Thinking. Human. Beings. (at least most of us). Fair? Not fair? Whatever..... Just. Don't. Take. The. Trade. If. You. Don't. Like. It. Why alla this angst-driven palaver over something that is just up to personal choice????? Why try to throw a blanket of control over the whole dang thang?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Just. Don't. Take. The. Trade. If. You. Don't. Like. It.
Becuase it's a game, and some of us don't want it to feel like work. And scrolling through my (currently) 42 pages of trades, when 37 of them are trades I've seen over, and over , and over this week and have no interest in taking feels too much like work. I like filling trades for things my neighbours need that I can supply at a reasonable price. That's fun.

Laochra

Good to see a True Believer. The cake has come and as foretold in the holy scriptures the cake shall come again!

Compare my

2x Steel Level 31
9h production x2(x2) = 40,000/24h
-30,000 pop
-8,000 culture

-50 squares base
-5 sq roads

vs
5x Luscious Cakes
24h production = 46,000/24h
+10,000 pop
+5,000 culture

-50 squares base
-5 sq roads
1665231326148.png
Did someone say cake?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So. OK. Over time I've seen many many discussions such as this one...going on and on ad nauseum. Look. We are Thinking. Human. Beings. (at least most of us). Fair? Not fair? Whatever..... Just. Don't. Take. The. Trade. If. You. Don't. Like. It. Why alla this angst-driven palaver over something that is just up to personal choice?
Imagine you only have a short lunch break and a restaurant puts out a new digital menu every day with 50 pages.
The things you want to order are somewhere on 7 random pages while everything else is a turd sandwich disguised as a decent meal.
Just. Don't. Order. The. Turd. If. You. Don't. Like. It., right?​
Well, how long until you just say screw it and order in or brown bag it instead?
Especially if you weren't actually hungry and only went to the restaurant to help out financially?

Whelp. That's my 7-beers deep analogy. Probably sucks but it's too late- you've read it.

Basically, it comes down to this:
I'd love to help out my little neighbor dudes by fulfilling their trade requests, but if they are buried on page 12,15,and 19 under all of the "3-star" cross garbage... well... <ain't nobody got time for that>

Not having a simple filter to hide undesired trades leads to misclicks and/or ignoring the trader altogether in order to avoid the hassle of sidestepping landmines instead of helping neighbors.

BrinDarby

Not having a simple filter to hide undesired trades leads to misclicks and/or ignoring the trader altogether in order to avoid the hassle of sidestepping landmines instead of helping neighbors.
but frustration is something Inno uses to sell more :diamond:

What if you pay a daily fee in :diamond: to access those filters ya want....
will you pay for it ????

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
but frustration is something Inno uses to sell more :diamond:

What if you pay a daily fee in :diamond: to access those filters ya want....
will you pay for it ????
Yes, If the fee is set right in relation to the safety and convenience. But generally speaking, they avoid diamond differentiations which are other than cosmetic or time/space saving, so I wouldn't expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.