• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fairies Chapter

Nucklehead

I know there are many factors but could people share about how long it took them to finish Fairies Chapter please?
Thanks !!

Fayeanne

Not long enough. Now I'm in Orcs and all my pretty buildings are being replaced by ugly ones. :p

But in all seriousness, looking back at it, it took me almost exactly three months, and I wasn't rushing.

Nucklehead

lol. thanks for the input.
Can you tell me about how many day and night farms you had and what level?
Thanks again !!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's really varied by your patience. In one city I did it with 3 day and four night, in another I had six day and seven night. I didn't level everything. Some night farms to two, one to three, three day farms to level four, the rest stayed at one (I was in a hurry to finish for an event). If you are willing to ignore the quests until you can turn them down in the next chapter, levelling only matters for the portal.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I couldn't even guess. I tend to play slow and dump lots of KP into my Ancient Wonders via trade threads. It has a significant advantage for Tournaments and seed production when you get to halflings.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you are willing to ignore the quests until you can turn them down in the next chapter, levelling only matters for the portal.

Does that mean that my Dwarves quests will go away, even the ones that I can't dismiss now, once I hit Fairies? If so, that would be great.

Fayeanne

Can you tell me about how many day and night farms you had and what level?

Looks like at the end, I had 8 Day Farms and 4 Night Farms. (I'd forgotten I'd stuffed that many Day Farms in there...) Of the Night Farms, I had one level 1, one level 2, one level 3, and one level 4, which I leveled just to see the artwork. Of the Day Farms, looks like I had four level 1s, two level 2s, one level 3, one level 4 (again to see the art).

I also used a few Portal Profits (5%) because my Phoenix was making them, so why not. I didn't use a lot of them, however, but I didn't keep track of the exact number I used.

I did all of the Fairy chapter story quests.

One last thing is that when I finished the chapter, I left my settlement in place for a week or two just stocking up on Fairy resources in case I needed them down the line (such as to make roads). So I could have started Orcs sooner, but elected not to.

Deleted User - 4366037

Does that mean that my Dwarves quests will go away, even the ones that I can't dismiss now, once I hit Fairies? If so, that would be great.
They will become declinable once you are in the next chapter, so you will be able to skip them.

Veesviewpoint

Well, looking forward through upcoming chapter research..looks like
I will need to keep the Mercenary Camp. Just hoped to free up some space for a few more mushroom farms. Will continue to avoid Squad size upgrades, but definitely will take the new versions of rangers etc. via MC. Will continue to use fighting when possible, cater as well.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, looking forward through upcoming chapter research..looks like
I will need to keep the Mercenary Camp. Just hoped to free up some space for a few more mushroom farms. Will continue to avoid Squad size upgrades, but definitely will take the new versions of rangers etc. via MC. Will continue to use fighting when possible, cater as well.
You can play without the Mercenary camp, you just can't train those troops. My group has cities in Elementals that never built it.

NightshadeCS

Ok, another question from me on Fairies...do I need to keep the Mercenary Camp? In chapter 8 now..Orc ville

The Mercenary Camp and, later, the Training Grounds produce different troops than your Barracks. They are more specialized. My first city, I got rid of them and focused on Barracks troops until I got into higher chapters and they got some upgrades. I did quite a lot of catering in that city

When I started a second city, I kept these buildings, since I had become more adept at fighting and understood better how to use those troops. If you fight at all, you will probably want them later on, but you could afford not to have it for a while without it really affecting much.

Nucklehead

Looks like at the end, I had 8 Day Farms and 4 Night Farms. (I'd forgotten I'd stuffed that many Day Farms in there...) Of the Night Farms, I had one level 1, one level 2, one level 3, and one level 4, which I leveled just to see the artwork. Of the Day Farms, looks like I had four level 1s, two level 2s, one level 3, one level 4 (again to see the art).

I also used a few Portal Profits (5%) because my Phoenix was making them, so why not. I didn't use a lot of them, however, but I didn't keep track of the exact number I used.

I did all of the Fairy chapter story quests.

One last thing is that when I finished the chapter, I left my settlement in place for a week or two just stocking up on Fairy resources in case I needed them down the line (such as to make roads). So I could have started Orcs sooner, but elected not to.
Cool, thx for the info. How long did it take to finish the chapter?

Veesviewpoint

Thanks to all the follow up info, going to keep for now. It took me a few months, probably 9 weeks slow play. Had apprx 4 each farm and potal leveled up levels 3 and 4 on both.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I know there are many factors but could people share about how long it took them to finish Fairies Chapter please?
Thanks !!
This depends on the amount of space you have.
4 of each at level 4 is the basics, bus as you have more space you place more of them of a lower level,
The less you spend time on leveling these buildings the faster you go trough the chapter but the more space you need.
6 of each on level 3 for example will also do fine, of 8 of each at level 2. you have toi find your middleground.

Upgrading these buildings cost recources that you can spend using to speed yourself trough a chapter, so the faster your are in pruction the faster the chapter goes,

Ok, another question from me on Fairies...do I need to keep the Mercenary Camp? In chapter 8 now..Orc ville

This depends on many factors, as which race are you, and how much you play / want to play the tournaments.
In general the following rules count (assuming you build and expand the corresponding wonders)

• Barracks is your main production building. This building benefits fro the Needles of the tempest wonder that unlocks early game.
    • Elves build here the swordfighter, archer, treant and golem
    • Humans build the Axe Barbarian, crossbowmen, priest and paladin
    • Note that I ignored 1 unit for both races those units are horrible and require one of the other buildings for a replacement
  • Mercenary Camp is a secondary production building in early game that becomes the main production building for elves in the late game. It benefits from the Flying Academy wonder which unlocks mid-game.
    • Elves build the Blossom mage here which replaces the Sorceres as soon as it makes sense, late game it makes blossom mages, hunters, watchers and a spalsh of Frog Princes (golem is theire main unit)
    • Humans build here the Hunter the mid game hunter is a decent addition/replacement for the crossbowmen mid-game and a full replacement late game,the frag prince is an invalueable easy replacement for the absolute dreadfull mortar in the very late game ince it reaches 3*
  • Training Grounds, The training grounds unlock early game but unfortunatly the wonder that goes with it unlocks last, the victory springs only unlocks late game.
    • Elves build here the cerberus which is a stronger unit than the swordfigher, The strategist is also a good unit but due it's requirment of orcs its better made using the "training grounds of the orc strategist building, the strategist" it's a nice supplement to the Golem which is used in bulk
    • Humans build the cerberus here, the Strategist is main solutiion to the mortar issue untill the Frog Prince is unlocked in the very late game. unfortunatly this unit requires orcs to be build which is impractical, instead build a bunch of "training grounds of the orc strategist building, the strategist" which you can find at the crafting section of the magic academy.
Off couse this story partly only holds ground assuming you will build the Dwarven Bullwark(dwarves) and Shrine of the shrewdy shrooms wonders(orcs) when they become aviable. it you can't sustain the training speed with a sufficient training size/time it's pointless to build the wonders that accellerate training.