• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fairies City Inspiration?

Foldedspace

Does anyone have a Fairies (Elves) city that you'd be willing to share an Elven Architect link for me to check out? I'm working on planning mine out and I'd love some basic layout ideas to get me started. The workshop change in orientation is throwing me! Thanks!

Foldedspace

Thank you @Ashrem ! I was looking more for a whole city map, but those are also really useful. Gave me some new ideas for my settlement space. I appreciate it!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Whole city maps tend toward unique. Aside from racial differences, it's going to depend on your culture preferences, whether you prefer to negotiate or fight in the provinces, how heavily you like to invest in tournaments, and what event buildings you've won.

You'd really be better off posting your city as it is now, and then one or more of the keener players might spend a little time analyzing it and suggesting options.

If you haven't already discovered elvenstats.com, you should. It lets you find your city and load it as it is currently, then post it here and people will likely analyze it for you.

Inc ase you need it, click the top right to search for your own name, then click "me" to get to your stats
upload_2019-1-21_5-40-3.png
Then near the center of that page, look for (and click) the elvenarchitect link:
upload_2019-1-21_5-41-22.png
That will take a moment to calculate, then display a link. If you've made a lot of changes since it updated (the time of update is shown) then click the refresh first, otherwise click the city link:
upload_2019-1-21_5-44-43.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

If you're Elves, it won't look too dissimilar from Dwarves. I think you devote comparable total expansions to each. And since your residences don't change shape/size, its pretty easy in terms of reorganizing things.

Foldedspace

Yes, I already use ElvenStats. I couldn't live without it. :) The higher population requirements and the orientation change for workshops in fairies are what's throwing me. A member of my FS gave me a lot of good advice today, so I'm working on things from that angle. Thanks everyone!

Arayla

My Winyandor city is Elf with Planks, Scrolls, Dust. This was my exact city at the end of Fairies last May: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/15a0a24a7ade4964b0692184aacf0cec/

I love playing the tourney, so I had 4 armories to minimize catering. I found that 5 day farms and 4 night farms is probably 1 too many of each now that the kp winnings from tourneys cannot be used in the tech tree. I was waiting on kp for tech, never for guest race goods.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What might be really useful to everyone is a simple collation of tips . Not a complete how-to guide, but basic stuff like putting your longest buildings on the edge of town with their shortest dimension to the road, to reduce the total amount of road required