Higher level barracks or armories, and how many armories is normal for chapter 3?
Can I quote you on my website? I will, of course, give you credit.Things that impact troop production:
For stronger armies:
- Barracks - faster production times
- Armouries - more troops per training slot in barracks
- Wonders - certain wonders give free troops or increase training speed or increase training size
For weaker enemies:
- Squad Size technology
- Wonders - Those that increase damage or HP
Number of armories depends on your play style. Anywhere from 2-4 is fairly normal for a combat person in most chapters. Some people do have up to 6 armories, later in the game wonders can influence this as well.
- Advanced scout tech - Decreases the enemies strength for unscouted provinces
- Scouting approach - Again not directly affecting your troops but the enemy strength.
- Scouting in a "circular" fashion, difficulty jumps a lot when you go an extra ring distance from your town
- Timing of scouting to your advanced scout tech. Minimal or moderate scouting will have enemies you can beat. Scouting as much as possible will mean provincial combat becomes impossible
- Chapter - If you are in chapter 1-3 you may not have access to all unit types placing you at a disadvantage. Provincial combat is also unbalanced in this area so just get to the end of chapter 3 through negotiating.
Mykan - - this is some GREAT information, I only wish I would have ran across this before doing so. So I'm at the point where Provinical combat is now impossible. Is there anyway for me to remedy this please? I'm running into all sorts of problems. . .Timing of scouting to your advanced scout tech. Minimal or moderate scouting will have enemies you can beat. Scouting as much as possible will mean provincial combat becomes impossible
That's pretty much where I am. I have 427 completed provinces and 10 - 12 scouted.@LEO1WOLF just look at your scouted provinces compared to the chapter your in and future chapters. Depending on those numbers it might be possible to just be patient on world map scouting and your tech will eventually catch-up. You do reach a point where you can push well past the min provinces for a chapter, my main town is around 430ish provinces and I still have lots and lots of easy fights (recently cleared all my very easy ones).
The cost on troops later game depends on approach. If you have bluetopia then it is practically free for every province, even green/easy fights barely cost a thing. Actually the goods to negotiate in this situation would be better put to tournaments.1. Province Map fighting:
Later game, while your squad size tech will eventually grow well beyond the enemy, it simply costs too much in troops vs. the costs of just negotiating.
It's only really in the mid-game, around Dwarfs through maybe end of Wood Elves that province fighting is well balanced in your favour, AND, not too overly costly in resources.
Every chapter is designed around you collecting x expansions form the world map, that way you have enough space to do the things needed in the town. The province requirement is a minimum not a maximum.Why did the number of prov I have to complete jump from 50 to 75 in just one chapter?