1. Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team
    Dismiss Notice

FASTEST ROUTE TO A STRONGER ARMY

Discussion in 'Battle Help' started by Be My Pleasure Toy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Be My Pleasure Toy

Be My Pleasure Toy New Member

Higher level barracks or armories, and how many armories is normal for chapter 3?

Thanks

2. mucksterme

mucksterme Well-Known Member

Barracks and armories are for training. They do not help with actual battle.
    For "stronger" armies you need to research squad size and get the Ancient Wonders that buff your fighters.

Be My Pleasure Toy likes this.
  3. Mykan

Mykan Well-Known Member

Things that impact troop production:
    • Barracks - faster production times
    • Armouries - more troops per training slot in barracks
    • Wonders - certain wonders give free troops or increase training speed or increase training size
    For stronger armies:
    • Squad Size technology
    • Wonders - Those that increase damage or HP
    For weaker enemies:
    • Advanced scout tech - Decreases the enemies strength for unscouted provinces
    • Scouting approach - Again not directly affecting your troops but the enemy strength.
      • Scouting in a "circular" fashion, difficulty jumps a lot when you go an extra ring distance from your town
      • Timing of scouting to your advanced scout tech. Minimal or moderate scouting will have enemies you can beat. Scouting as much as possible will mean provincial combat becomes impossible
    • Chapter - If you are in chapter 1-3 you may not have access to all unit types placing you at a disadvantage. Provincial combat is also unbalanced in this area so just get to the end of chapter 3 through negotiating.
    Number of armories depends on your play style. Anywhere from 2-4 is fairly normal for a combat person in most chapters. Some people do have up to 6 armories, later in the game wonders can influence this as well.

4. Eldinar

Eldinar New Member

Thanks

5. EarthbornIcarus

EarthbornIcarus Member

THANKS, Mykan!! Great info!