• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FASTEST ROUTE TO A STRONGER ARMY

• Thread starter DeletedUser8532
  • Start date

DeletedUser8532

Higher level barracks or armories, and how many armories is normal for chapter 3?

Thanks

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Things that impact troop production:
  • Barracks - faster production times
  • Armouries - more troops per training slot in barracks
  • Wonders - certain wonders give free troops or increase training speed or increase training size
For stronger armies:
  • Squad Size technology
  • Wonders - Those that increase damage or HP
For weaker enemies:
  • Advanced scout tech - Decreases the enemies strength for unscouted provinces
  • Scouting approach - Again not directly affecting your troops but the enemy strength.
    • Scouting in a "circular" fashion, difficulty jumps a lot when you go an extra ring distance from your town
    • Timing of scouting to your advanced scout tech. Minimal or moderate scouting will have enemies you can beat. Scouting as much as possible will mean provincial combat becomes impossible
  • Chapter - If you are in chapter 1-3 you may not have access to all unit types placing you at a disadvantage. Provincial combat is also unbalanced in this area so just get to the end of chapter 3 through negotiating.
Number of armories depends on your play style. Anywhere from 2-4 is fairly normal for a combat person in most chapters. Some people do have up to 6 armories, later in the game wonders can influence this as well.

truelinor

Things that impact troop production:
  • Barracks - faster production times
  • Armouries - more troops per training slot in barracks
  • Wonders - certain wonders give free troops or increase training speed or increase training size
For stronger armies:
  • Squad Size technology
  • Wonders - Those that increase damage or HP
For weaker enemies:
  • Advanced scout tech - Decreases the enemies strength for unscouted provinces
  • Scouting approach - Again not directly affecting your troops but the enemy strength.
    • Scouting in a "circular" fashion, difficulty jumps a lot when you go an extra ring distance from your town
    • Timing of scouting to your advanced scout tech. Minimal or moderate scouting will have enemies you can beat. Scouting as much as possible will mean provincial combat becomes impossible
  • Chapter - If you are in chapter 1-3 you may not have access to all unit types placing you at a disadvantage. Provincial combat is also unbalanced in this area so just get to the end of chapter 3 through negotiating.
Number of armories depends on your play style. Anywhere from 2-4 is fairly normal for a combat person in most chapters. Some people do have up to 6 armories, later in the game wonders can influence this as well.
Can I quote you on my website? I will, of course, give you credit.

LEO1WOLF

Timing of scouting to your advanced scout tech. Minimal or moderate scouting will have enemies you can beat. Scouting as much as possible will mean provincial combat becomes impossible

Mykan - - this is some GREAT information, I only wish I would have ran across this before doing so. So I'm at the point where Provinical combat is now impossible. Is there anyway for me to remedy this please? I'm running into all sorts of problems. . .

My Alt's name is LEO1WOLF in the Felyndral server & my Rank is 10087 with a score of 24865. My STAT's:
Working Population = 11,173
Required Culture = 11,916
World Map Progress = an obismal 1,776.

It's like I'm kind of screwed because I can't combat anything, my Troops are way too underpowered and I'm not able to generate enough Goods to Negotiate all battles to furhter progress. (Does that make sense, the way I've described it?) If you can't battle, nor negotiate, there's almost no hope for gaining expansions, which also is tied into having no way to increase production of Goods &/or Supplies. Sorry my Friend, this Alt of mine is at a real stand-still.

Thank you ahead of time for any advice you might provide me.

Crowella

One option is to be patient and build up good gradually to use in negotiation. (Or build up troops to use in battle or a combination.)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@LEO1WOLF just look at your scouted provinces compared to the chapter your in and future chapters. Depending on those numbers it might be possible to just be patient on world map scouting and your tech will eventually catch-up. You do reach a point where you can push well past the min provinces for a chapter, my main town is around 430ish provinces and I still have lots and lots of easy fights (recently cleared all my very easy ones).

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@LEO1WOLF just look at your scouted provinces compared to the chapter your in and future chapters. Depending on those numbers it might be possible to just be patient on world map scouting and your tech will eventually catch-up. You do reach a point where you can push well past the min provinces for a chapter, my main town is around 430ish provinces and I still have lots and lots of easy fights (recently cleared all my very easy ones).

That's pretty much where I am. I have 427 completed provinces and 10 - 12 scouted.
I just double checked and all the surrounding provs are either easy or medium. I scouted the last very easy a few days ago.

If you want to have easier provs to scout.
Don't over explore in lower chapters.
And research all squad upgrades.

kctanzen

Squad size upgrades are likely one of the more inflammatory topics of discussion :)
That being said -- one of the better long view approaches is to look at a couple of military focused Ancient Wonders -- specifically the Sanctuary / Monastery and Needles of the Tempest.

Sanctuary / Monastery (depending on human or elf) adds health to all your troops and a secondary culture boost to your city.
Needles increases the training speed of any troops from your barracks and a secondary boost to your light ranged damage rating (archers / crossbows, dryads, rangers).

Healthier troops are stronger armies and being able to train more of the core troops from barracks much more quickly helps quite a lot.

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

My personal advise?
1. Province Map fighting:
- Don't bother! Early game, Ch.1-3 are so unbalanced it's mostly impossible due to not having all the troop types yet.
Later game, while your squad size tech will eventually grow well beyond the enemy, it simply costs too much in troops vs. the costs of just negotiating.
It's only really in the mid-game, around Dwarfs through maybe end of Wood Elves that province fighting is well balanced in your favour, AND, not too overly costly in resources.

2. Squad Size techs:
- This one's a killer. Researching larger squad sizes eventually makes the main map ridiculously easy, but then royally & permently screws you over in the weekly tournaments!
Skipping all the 'optional' squad size techs, (ie: all those that are dead ends on the tech tree), makes your tournaments much easier, but makes your main map fighting go from "easy" to "lunatic" difficulty mode. :p
Still, you'll earn so much more in the weekly tournaments, that's it's highly recommended to skip every squad size tech you can.

3. The AI sucks:
Manual fighting in this game is painful. But the AI is so horriawful that it *will* cost you 1000's of troops.
And then there's the fact that Inno's random terrain generator was obviously spawned by Satan himself due to the rather high prevalence of being 'terrain screwed' into near-unwinnable fights.

4. AW's:
- This is where the bulk of your power comes from. If you want to have a powerful military, then you *must* build and level all the military AW's, with the most important one being the Sanctuary/Martial Monastery since it adds to your troops health points.

5. Armouries:
- There is no magical number here, rather you want to aim to have a high enough bonus so that your barracks/training grounds/merc camps are running 24/7.

Ignore the upcoming Spire of Eternity.
- this thing is busted as all feth on beta currently, and Inno refuse to balance it. Until you have Lv.25-30 wonders and a small mountain of unit boosters from the crafting feature, you will simply explode your army in spectacular fashion for a bunch of coin rains & supply instants!:p

Mykan

Oh Wise One
1. Province Map fighting:
Later game, while your squad size tech will eventually grow well beyond the enemy, it simply costs too much in troops vs. the costs of just negotiating.
It's only really in the mid-game, around Dwarfs through maybe end of Wood Elves that province fighting is well balanced in your favour, AND, not too overly costly in resources.

The cost on troops later game depends on approach. If you have bluetopia then it is practically free for every province, even green/easy fights barely cost a thing. Actually the goods to negotiate in this situation would be better put to tournaments.

Why did the number of prov I have to complete jump from 50 to 75 in just one chapter?

Every chapter is designed around you collecting x expansions form the world map, that way you have enough space to do the things needed in the town. The province requirement is a minimum not a maximum.

Edit: The wiki has a list of how many provinces needed per expansion. It starts at 2 or 3 and goes up to 10. So for later chapter the province requirement is closer to 30-40 even though the number of expansions acquired is similar.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19801

Great info mates. i would like to add that since Crafting was added, we also got temporary buildings (5days) that adds % to troops heath / strength:
1st one is- Magnicifant mage multiplayer - adds you Mage units 50% more damage
2nd- Unleashed Unit upgrade- add your troops 25% more life(health)
3rd- enligtend light range - adds your light range troops 50% more damage