• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Favorite Authors

• Thread starter DeletedUser20396
  • Start date

DeletedUser20396

I'm a book reader and wanted to see how many people else are. So if you would just put down your fav. Author(s), and why if you want.
Mine is Louis La'mour, Christopher Palini, Jan Karon, Anyone who writes Star Wars, C.S Lewis, George MacDonald, J.R.R Tolkien, Carolyn Keene, Jane Austen, and John R. Erickson.

Edit: Anne McCaffrey.

Last edited:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I cannot say I have a favorite author, I used to read a lot back in college...but alas...time have passed me by. Do you have a recommended author, beside your favorites? :p

Laochra

C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Jane Austen, Ayn Rand, Ernest Hemingway & the Bronte sisters.

DeletedUser20396

I cannot say I have a favorite author, I used to read a lot back in college...but alas...time have passed me by. Do you have a recommended author, beside your favorites? :p
Arthur Conan Doyle. He wrote Sherlock Homes.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Jane Austen, Ayn Rand, Ernest Hemingway & the Bronte sisters.

C.S. Lewis wrote some amazing books, began reading them in high school along with Jane Austen's...they both got me into reading.

DeletedUser20396

C.S. Lewis wrote some amazing books, began reading them in high school along with Jane Austen's...they both got me into reading.
His Narnia series was amazing. George MacDonald helped to tutor him. Have you read his Screwtape letters?

Last edited:

DeletedUser20396

Nice. I haven't read her, but the webs got nice things to say.

DeletedUser19057

I have audio books , Agatha Christie, Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot .
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes.
I listen to these at night when settling down.
In more modern writings there are two books that i love by Dean r Koontz, Twilight eyes and Lightning.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Miss Marple

Heart-green 02.png

Have you ever watched the BBC dramatizations of Dame Agatha's books, or any of the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett?

DeletedUser19057

Jeremy Brett is my favourite Sherlock, he was an amazing actor.

shimmerfly

I go in spurts wen I read but yes I do and have many favorites. Among a few would be
"The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski
"The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls
"Walking the Tree" by Kaaron Warren
"The Shack" by Wm. P. Young
I love Sci Phi too and Koontz and S.King... Etc. etc. My bookshelves are very eclectic and so is my reading. :p

DeletedUser20396

Robert Downey Jr. is the first Sherlock I ever saw. Benedict was a little eccentric.

DeletedUser20396

Wicked topic. :p

As for favorite authors, there are so very many who are dear to my heart, so I will have to keep this very, very brief.

Howard Phillips Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, Bram Stoker, Agatha Christie, Clive Barker, Stephen King, JRR Tolkien, JK Rowling, Kevin Crossley-Holland, Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut, Arthur C. Clarke, Rod Serling, Gene Roddenberry, Stan Lee.
Edgar Allen Poe was a good poet, my favorite of his was the Raven.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20396

I don't know any of yours, Shimmerfly, But the titles alone sound good.

DeletedUser20396

I have a book of poetry from about 30 different authors I picked up at a antique store. But alas, I forgot to mention my most favorite Author of them all, Shakespeare.

DeletedUser

I wasn't arguing with you, Saphirra. I am sorry that my sharing my opinion made you feel that way.