• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Favorite Old and/or Underappreciated Shows

Myne

Oh Wise One
Farscape.

I have fond memories of 80s mystery/adventure stuff, too. Magnum, P.I., Hart to Hart, Matt Houston, Remington Steele. Tales of the Gold Monkey was *deeply* underappreciated. That's the one I'd like to see brought back, if I had to pick.

YES

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Iyapo1 ,
its possible I've miss'd a movie, but uhhhh
plz no spoilers, but I never saw a do-able way
for re-unification to work.... I'm also dissapointed
anything StarTrek is pay only.... thats not the StarTrek way.

Majel and Gene are both gone from this world and the franchise is now owned by ViacomCBS. It is also the highest grossing franchise ever. They have control of the golden egg.

The Unbeliever

@Iyapo1 ,
its possible I've miss'd a movie, but uhhhh
plz no spoilers, but I never saw a do-able way
for re-unification to work.... I'm also dissapointed
anything StarTrek is pay only.... thats not the StarTrek way.
Majel and Gene are both gone from this world and the franchise is now owned by ViacomCBS. It is also the highest grossing franchise ever. They have control of the golden egg.
Oh don't worry, they are driving that franchise into the ground and burying it in flaming SJW woke nonsense faster than Kathlene Kenedy & Disney did to Star Wars! :p
At the rate they're going & their stocks are cratering, Viacom will be bust within another couple of years.

Agreed. Really enjoyed Torchwood. I also used to love Quantum Leap.
I love even more the development meeting that must have taken place when Paramount lined up SB to front their Enterprise series:
Story Dude #1: "Okay, so we've got the guy from Quantum Leap to headline our Prequal-Trek series, what should our main plot line be?"

Story Dude #2: "Well, what is this guy super famous for again?"

Dude #1: "Oh, it was Quantum Leap - you know, that old 80's time travelling series?"

Dude #2: "Oh yeah! That was so cool... so any ideas for our new Trek series?"

Dude #1: "I know, how about - TIME TRAVAL!?!"

Dude #2: "Brilliant!"

BrinDarby

Oh don't worry, they are driving that franchise into the ground and burying it in flaming SJW woke nonsense faster than Kathlene Kenedy & Disney did to Star Wars! :p
At the rate they're going & their stocks are cratering, Viacom will be bust within another couple of years.
both StarWars & StarTrek are in JJ Abrahms's hands, enuff said.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Did anybody else ever watch a show called "The Lost World" in the late 90s/early2000s? In some markets I think it was called "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World." I really liked that show. The final episode ended in a cliffhanger. They obviously planned on another season which fell through and never happened. So the cliffhanger never got resolved. :(

mephalia39

I found my old screen saver CD from Babylon5. :)
I would like it if the old TV series Lost in Space, would air on TV. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I remember June Lockhart played the mom, and I liked the robot.

The Unbeliever

Did anybody else ever watch a show called "The Lost World" in the late 90s/early2000s? In some markets I think it was called "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World." I really liked that show. The final episode ended in a cliffhanger. They obviously planned on another season which fell through and never happened. So the cliffhanger never got resolved. :(
I do!
Sadly like most small budget shows, it kept getting screwed over in the 'time slot roulette' hell, and this more than anything else ensured it got the axe. :(

I remember we had to get it on the 'alternate' CTV feed, which was the local feed for Barrie, vs. the main Toronto feed. (...always a terrible sign)
Then it kept swapping out between Sat vs. Sun and could air at any time between the 11am slot, (just after the cartoons ended), or else get pushed into the graveyard which at that time was the Sun 9pm/10pm slot.

both StarWars & StarTrek are in JJ Abrahms's hands, enuff said.
Abrahms may be bad, but he's nothing compared to the evil, hateful succubus that is Kathleen Kennedy...
Thank-god Indy 5 is now basically indefinitely delayed, because the verrified rumors coming out of that production make what she did to Star Wars look like a master-class of story telling. :eek:

Now while I immediately recoiled at the very idea of Hollywoke even considering a remake of the original Highlander film, the latest scuttlebutt apparently hints at Henry Cavil as potentially being the fav to lead a possible re-boot.
Mind, he's currently too busy throwing himself into his Witcher role, and if there's even a snowball's chance in hell of it happening, his ultimate goal is to get a live-action 40k film/series, as he's been a die-hard fan since he was about 10 yrs old!
(...though only Sean Bean could play The Emperor of Mankind, even if it probably gives away the entire plot! :p)