• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Favorite pie flavor

DeletedUser20396

Hello, just wondering what is everybody's fav. pie flavor?
I have 3: Chocolate, Cherry and Pizza Pie. :)

shimmerfly

Cherry, Rhubarb or Apple. Boston cream "pie" is my Hubby's favorite and I make a mean one but it's not really pie.
Never cared for Pumpkin much but always ate a tiny slice at Holiday gatherings to be traditional.:rolleyes:

LilWolf De Lioncourt

I LOVE Lemon Merange Pie*I know I spelled that wrong"*laughs* I also love cherry pie and deep dish apple pie, along with Key Lime Pie:D:cool: and alot others.. :)

DeletedUser20396

I truly can say, I hate no pie. :) Except Pumpkin made wrong

DeletedUser20396

Well, we have a good recipe, but when my sister mistakes the salt amount for the sugar, and vise versa, then it taste bad.

DeletedUser20396

She hasn't been able to live that down. And the one where she put 16 bullion cubes in Hamburger helper.

Vergazi

Just because my 2nd faves are : Dutch Apple Pie a la mode, Key Lime Pie, Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust and Cool Whip.

Is there really a bad pie?

Donnyd

I like a lot of different pies. Pumpkin pie is ok but when you make it as pumpkin cheesecake.....now were're talkin'
Also like a good lemon chess pie or take that recipe and change out the fruit flavors with lime or raspberry are good too.
If you haven't had a lemon chess pie.... it taste a lot like those lemon head candies.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Sadly 3.14159.... I don't really like sweet pies and if one is brought home one piece is eaten and the rest (eventually) tossed. Meat pies, on the other hand.... so I guess it's chicken pot pie or something like that.

AJ

Vergazi

They taught me in school that pie are square, but oddly enough when i saw pies in stores they were round and not square at all! o_O

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
They taught me in school that pie are square, but oddly enough when i saw pies in stores they were round and not square at all! o_O

I'm not surprised they made the mistake. "Pie are square" is grammatically incorrect. Since "are" is used in multiple and "pie" is singular it can never be "pie are square." However if you have multiple pies then it could be "pies are square" but alas, I've never seen that before either. Nevertheless, you shouldn't be to surprised people who can tell the difference between singular and multiple grammatical constructions might not have the best eye-sight or understanding of English grammar in general.

(I love having majored in English!)

AJ