• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Favorite pie flavor

Donnyd

I'm not surprised they made the mistake. "Pie are square" is grammatically incorrect. Since "are" is used in multiple and "pie" is singular it can never be "pie are square." However if you have multiple pies then it could be "pies are square" but alas, I've never seen that before either. Nevertheless, you shouldn't be to surprised people who can tell the difference between singular and multiple grammatical constructions might not have the best eye-sight or understanding of English grammar in general.

(I love having majored in English!)

AJ
Yes but in that application wouldn't it be spelled pi ?

Calenmir

Chocolate! When I'm in the mood (or if no chocolate available) then Banana Cream. At holidays, since that's really the only time anyone in my family makes it I'll have a healthy slice of Pumpkin topped with whipped cream (real whipped cream).

NightshadeCS

π = r^2

tee-hee-hee!

I love all pie. If it comes in pie form, put it in my mouth!

My most dangerous pie craving, however, is Chocolate Silk Pie from Marie Calendar's. MMMMmmmmmmmmmm.........

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Donnyd Correct! In that application it would be spelled "pi" -- but since it's a pun it could be spelled "pie." Technically, if I were speaking strictly about the mathematical constant "pi," "pi" it would be. But in the context of a pun "pie" is a better choice. Or at least I'm using it as a rationalization of a (only possible) mistake. LOL

AJ

DeletedUser10837

My favorites are Cherry; Blueberry; spicy pumpkin; deep-dish apple warm ala mode & pecan (yummo)
On another note; in London Steampunk books, there is also "pie" which is handheld meat with savory herbs, veggies, and gravy. Steampunk fast food!