• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Favourite Avatars

DeletedUser23255

What's everyone's favourite avatar pictures they've come across?

Noticed @Loki Lyesmith has a really nice Avatar :D Who wouldn't want to take home a gorgeous kitty like that one? (unfortunately can't send a PM *cough* so have a thread instead :p)

19381.jpg

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur!
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr!

DeletedUser20951

Contempt crop.jpg
XD

On a less inane note, I'll keep on the lookout for an avatar (besides my own) that I am fond of. I do have a preference for what I consider to be cooler or more pleasing to my eye, but I usually stop recognizing this after encountering avatars regularly and instead use them solely as a visual aid to remind myself of who's 'talking'.

DeletedUser10837

This is my new avatar! I love it! Sir Squirrel did a new one for me because my hair has gone gray. lol

DeletedUser

What's everyone's favourite avatar pictures they've come across?

Noticed @Loki Lyesmith has a really nice Avatar :D Who wouldn't want to take home a gorgeous kitty like that one? (unfortunately can't send a PM *cough* so have a thread instead :p)

19381.jpg

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur!
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr!

:oops:

My thanks. :D

DeletedUser20951

Found one! I am particularly partial to @GroomerWoman's (done by the masterful @Sir Squirrel):
GroomerWoman.jpg

Drawn to closeup headshots containing plenty of shadowy contrast along with tiny elaborate details, methinks.

DeletedUser20396

I myself am partial to my own. but there are a great many good ones out there. Like this one.
index.php
belonging to @Tryneowy

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
What's an avatar, exactly? I ask because it appears the meaning is not what I expected. To me an avatar is a character, not the picture of one, but maybe I'm just plain wrong?

I like mine even if it isn't original or unique because it tells me I'm allowed to question and be questioned and nobody knows who I really am in either case. Anonymity has it's benefits. LOL

DeletedUser

@ajqtrz the meaning of an avatar is both what you thought, and what the others think. its a persona/character/image that you controle. and that represents you in typically online societies. the nature of the avatar depends on the media its used. In WoW og LOL the avatar is a character that is controllable, because its a game build around evolving said character. but on forums and city building games like elvenar where we dont actually have a character. our avatar becomes an image of one which is our face to the community and how we choose to represent ourselves.

LilWolf De Lioncourt

there's quite a few that I think are pretty :cool: avatars here... i'm also partial to mine*lol* My Dragon Friend Saphirra has a :cool: Dragon Avatar... and I also like GroomerWoman's avatar also.:)

DeletedUser20951

Your Avatar is pretty rad too!
Danke!
i'm also partial to mine
With good reason, as it is excellently rendered to combine the wolfish with the feminine, and I hadn't noticed the faint moon in it before, but that's an awesome element.

And I just spent the last hour trying to figure out who drew mine. XD Seeing as how it's been growing on me more and more due to the blend of contemptuous amusement and wry aggressiveness that's an almost perfect representation of my personality (and looks like it was painted, a style I prefer, although I doubt it actually was), it occurred to me that I should know the artist in order to give credit (should do this with the usage of any creative work not my own *hits self*). Alas, I wasn't able to identify the exact person, but I did discover where the picture was first posted, and that was on the site Real Otaku Gamer, back in two thousand and twelve for a PAX Prime preview. It was a submission of concept art for one of the character classes, the treasure hunter, for a real-time strategy MMO that never came to be because of development issues, called Novus Aeterno. Wish I could have found a name to attribute it to, though.

Contempt.jpg