• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
and at the end of the day the realization of the fact its just a game where we face challenges and fun at no cost to us:cool:
you go to sleep at night....wake up and sign on to face yet more challenges you strive to conquer .... the struggle is real , just as real life you cant please everyone.
But you still you have a choice to sign on or not and do the best you can with what you have for free....not a bad price to pay , for the fun you do have and the friendships you've made and a great way to occupy your time if you have nothing else to do;) just sayin....
My FA is number 20, which means nothing to us. We have no diamond players as we are all broke :p We strive for the top, but its not a priority. The 24 members are extremely active, participating in all events even if its just a little, as every little bit helps. With one rule to play at least 4 out of 7 days...the door swings one way ..if you are in your are in , if you choose to leave that's a final choose you've made. Ive gotten lucky to have the members I do have, because its all about fun and a personal challenge...we've been alittle family for now almost 4 years....Ive heard its lonely at the top...you have nothing to gain:rolleyes:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I was pretty impressed that we, a rank 30, FS came in behind a rank 1 FS! We did our best to catch you guys!

Agreed :D I think it goes to show that for the FA it isn't as heavily weighted toward top level FS as some of the bad press would claim. It honestly does not matter whether a FS is ranked #1, #30 or #100. Just like any ranking we had players who had no room to build a large shanty town. We also had a couple of players who for whatever reason did not or barely participated. I'm also guessing that no matter what the ranking some players just burn out before the end. I know I sold off as much culture as I could to make more room. Anybody can do that at whatever level as long as they cover the culture/pop needed to build the level 1 shanty town. Anyway, congratulations on such a strong showing :cool:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
the FA it isn't as heavily weighted toward top level FS as some of the bad press would claim
^^This. In March, our rank was ~140 and we placed 24th. For this last one, we're at rank 126 and placed 28th. We did 1 path for each stage, and then burned badges for 2 days in the pits. And we have much smaller cities, don't require participation, and have a core of 6-8 players who are 'all in' as well as a core of 5-7 players who always ignore them (and pretty much tourneys and everything else but visits and trades). The rest sometimes play, sometimes don't, and don't always communicate so when they drop in with some very needed blacksmiths or statues, we're pleasantly surprised.*
*Disclaimer: this is in no way intended to mean the FA doesn't need improvements. A frequency of every other month, interim prizes during a stage, and fixing the quest cycling system are all very much needed.
And I still wish they'd go to an 'X score gets 1st place bldg; Y score gets 2nd place bldg' etc. to reward for effort of each FS instead of 'no matter how hard you work, you get zilch if other FS get more points than you do'. A few of us thought about dropping in another premium expansion to go for the 20th place bldg, but there was no guarantee we'd get it. They may be improving their bottom line on a few heavy spenders who vie for the top spots, but I think they're missing a revenue stream of casual spenders dropping a little. And depending on the prize, there could be enough of them to make it worth it. As an example: we got to 9300 points. If 10000 points got you that (piddly little codex, I know) bldg, I'm pretty sure they would have sold 3 premium expansions. We were in the pits for 2 days and we'd have made the blacksmiths we needed to keep going instead of stalling out with about 6 hrs to go. As it was, we talked about it (we were 24th when we captured the 3rd stage flag) and decided not to bother, made what we could with the space we had and just played until they ran out.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Xelenia I saw you just closed a conversation but I think somebody needs to find out why we just got in game notification of Fellowship Adventure starting May 10.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello @Deborah M ,

I am not sure what form of clarity you are seeking. It is currently Sunday, May 20th and the announcement that popped up was an old announcement made by Aider. To clarify on that, if you click it, it takes you to Aider's post located here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-adventures.15133/#post-103401

I do not know when the FA is starting, perhaps the announcement was not timed out properly due to a system error, I really do not know. I am as confused as you are.

Xelenia

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Hello @Deborah M ,

I am not sure what form of clarity you are seeking. It is currently Sunday, May 20th and the announcement that popped up was an old announcement made by Aider. To clarify on that, if you click it, it takes you to Aider's post located here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-adventures.15133/#post-103401

I do not know when the FA is starting, perhaps the announcement was not timed out properly due to a system error, I really do not know. I am as confused as you are.

Xelenia

Thank you for reply. This was also the last message in the conversation that you closed and it is also in the To Soon (I think) conversation. Inno sent in game notification just a little while ago that FA was starting May 10. Obviously an error. Yes I know it is the 20th and assuming other people posting also know that. Now they have followed with the speed up production announcement. Guessing the FA one was a big OOPS. Still wondering if it was supposed to announce next FA but based on your reply I'm guessing no?

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I cannot say I am taking this bait :D:D Last time I said anything about the FA, I got crucified lol.
All I can say is at the moment the only form of activity going on is the workshop speed.

Happy Gaming

P.S. The thread you keep referring to was a duplicate of another topic. I closed it and linked the other thread for the discussion to continue in. Always search the forum before making new posts.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I cannot say I am taking this bait :D:D Last time I said anything about the FA, I got crucified lol.
All I can say is at the moment the only form of activity going on is the workshop speed.

Happy Gaming

P.S. The thread you keep referring to was a duplicate of another topic. I closed it and linked the other thread for the discussion to continue in. Always search the forum before making new posts.

Thank you! I knew why you closed it. I just wanted you to know I wasn't the only one. I'll tell our FS to check it off as an OOPS! We will just wait for a new announcement :D

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Here's what I imagine happened: They launched the WS boost and icon linking to the last item in the news queue. A bit later, the person in charge of posting the new news item for the launch returned to his desk and a few seconds later goes "What, you couldn't wait 5 minutes for me to get back with my coffee?! WTH?!"
Hey, this is a fantasy game and I have an active imagination...

DeletedUser51

Sorry about any confusion with that and as soon as @Xelenia poke me I deactivated it.

I'm not sure what caused that as the announcement had been posted May 8 and stated May 10 for the Event (which was correct) but it shouldn't have come back for no apparent reason as 'New News'. It was actually still active, but should have just been sitting there quietly.

I'll get that reported on Tuesday - Monday is a holiday in Germany - so hopefully we can avoid future announcements reappearing after the fact :)

DeletedUser3468

I'd just like to know what event inno seems to think I'm ineligible for in their notification I received today when I left one of the Fellowships I'd been in. o_O As far as I know, there is no event going on right now to be ineligible for! No FA, no tourney, just the speeded up workshop which isn't an event. Nice to see that I'm ineligible for the nonexitant event. :eek::eek: :p:rolleyes:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new Fellowship Adventure is upon us – on Thursday 24th May 2018.
Here is a look at the structure of the Event, and an introduction to our Adventure Note with strategy tips.

Please give it a Like and Subscribe on YouTube, if you want to be notified when we post more News videos!
:)

Here is a link to out previous F A video, with a game-play overview:

Here is the link to our EPL Adventure Note: https://bit.ly/2k6oeZN

Here is the link to Elvenar Platinum Leaf on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2qrUhpy

Status
Not open for further replies.