• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback on our new Challenges Feature.

qaccy

There's already enough of a push towards devoting space to level 1 buildings regardless of overall city advancement, and these will only add to that. Would it have been possible to instead base progress on resource gains rather than production types? For example, setting the goal for this upcoming challenge as gaining x number of supplies,, based on the chapter you're in. I personally would've liked that more than what we're actually getting, though it's not the end of the world either.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Would it have been possible to instead base progress on resource gains rather than production types? For example, setting the goal for this upcoming challenge as gaining x number of supplies,, based on the chapter you're in.
That would certainly put pressure on those who don't buy expansions/magic buildings...or be really easy for those who do.
I imagine a balance would be hard to achieve.

DeletedUser10917

A question was posed by one of our fellowship members and I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer. I've been playing for over a year and done several events, but I guess I never really paid attention to clock time(s).
The question was: What time is 11:59 CET in US Eastern time and is it am or pm? Is it just before CET noon or just before CET midnight?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A question was posed by one of our fellowship members and I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer. I've been playing for over a year and done several events, but I guess I never really paid attention to clock time(s).
The question was: What time is 11:59 CET in US Eastern time and is it am or pm? Is it just before CET noon or just before CET midnight?

CET is six hours ahead of Eastern and nine hours ahead of Pacific right now. I am pretty sure the time that the new game day starts is midnight CET.

qaccy

That would certainly put pressure on those who don't buy expansions/magic buildings...or be really easy for those who do.
I imagine a balance would be hard to achieve.

Is that any different from existing quests that ask for a varying amount of resources to be gathered (or paid) based on the chapter you're in? I imagine they already have some variable(s) they look at when determining these numbers, so applying them here shouldn't be too difficult. At least then there's no emphasis placed on (nor real advantage to having) a bunch of level 1 buildings for yet another game feature and it feels a lot more in-line with 'normal' gameplay.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is that any different from existing quests that ask for a varying amount of resources to be gathered (or paid) based on the chapter you're in?
Exactly, and those are somewhat less desirable IMO as the gulf between normal and...enhanced grows wider and wider.
At least then there's no emphasis placed on (nor real advantage to having) a bunch of level 1 buildings for yet another game feature
Since the FA and events both already require this, I'd rather it simply be standard rather than "sometimes" needing level 1 turds.

of course I;m not against a total quest system overhaul, but until then I'd rather have consistency.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@qaccy I like the idea but think it is a little self-defeating for them with coins and supplies due to instants.
@SoggyShorts I would have thought you would support this idea 110% :p:cool:. Just play an instant (or 2) and collect your building :rolleyes:.

The idea of the challenges is great especially for rewarding play and activity. But the unrealistic levels of activity encourage "shanty" towns inside everyone's city which looks messy and still involves a lot of unnecessary clicking, depending on the size of your lvl 1 town. Thankfully the mechanism is miles better than the FA click-fest.

Risen Malchiah

I like the new Challenges idea. I like the Spell Fragments rewards. I love that it doesn't use FA-style quest cycling. But I don't like the vague "2d" clock. PLEASE use proper timers, especially for an event that is only 3 days long.

Also, I don't understand the discrepancy in challenge requirements from different cities. Is it chapter based or completely random?

challenge 3503.jpg
challenge 4350.jpg

Last edited: