• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback on our new Challenges Feature.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In the main city window is a more detailed clock.
Yep:
upload_2019-1-10_10-40-23.png

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Just scanned down the comments
I see the same kind of complaints that come up with all the events
They basically boil down to "Make it easier and give me more"
I think wtf made a good point
Well, considering you are giving me useful stuff for playing as I normally would I can't complain. I'm not a huge fan of the final reward but again, it's free stuff just for playing.

People are whining about having a bunch of lvl 1 workshops
This is not like an event
It does not say you need to produce beverages, or bread or anything else
It just says that whatever you produce we'll give you a bonus
I got the first bonus a minute after looking at the requirements
I spelled my Shops, Factories and Large Culture, which also gave me a mana boost

As someone who has been making use of the crafting feature, I like this

tesstee

I like the new Challenges idea. I like the Spell Fragments rewards. I love that it doesn't use FA-style quest cycling. But I don't like the vague "2d" clock. PLEASE use proper timers, especially for an event that is only 3 days long.

Also, I don't understand the discrepancy in challenge requirements from different cities. Is it chapter based or completely random?

View attachment 4872 View attachment 4873
If i'm not too mistaken the requirements may be based on number of supply houses rather chapter the city is playing in.
getting this off of what others in my Fellowship say and the fact it is just get extra stuff for every supply job you do.

DeletedUser3468

One of my Dragons in the Dragon's Lair is refering to this as the "Glitter Bomb Challenge" since they have spells on anything that can have spells placed on it. Says it looks like Tinkerbell threw up all over their city. :p:p:p
Seriously though, this is a no work challenge for me. Just doing what I normally do. Who can complain about that? (Rhetorical question!!! No answer needed, thank you! :cool:)

DeletedUser20396

Me too. No extra stuff, but It probably would help though. :) I got 500 spell fragments when I woke up this morning. Just by putting it going on the 9 hr. like usual, I got something to help me craft. I've been selling my spells for it, and anything else I could. :) No complaints here!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Also, I don't understand the discrepancy in challenge requirements from different cities. Is it chapter based or completely random?
If i'm not too mistaken the requirements may be based on number of supply houses rather chapter the city is playing in.
On Beta they told us it's random testing to see which is better.
There's 2 versions they wanted to test, and apparently running them on ZZ1 wasn't enough, so now everyone is a beta tester.

Deleted User - 841850

I like it! I get credit for what I normally do, and also because I'm getting rewarded, I'm better at keeping up on my collection times.
I'm a "space case from the human race" and often lose track of time so my collecting is not always too efficient, so this event is like an intervention for me.:)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I like it! I get credit for what I normally do, and also because I'm getting rewarded, I'm better at keeping up on my collection times.
I'm a "space case from the human race" and often lose track of time so my collecting is not always too efficient, so this event is like an intervention for me.:)
Over the course of 2 years between events and the FA I'm pretty sure the average time to make a 5-minute beverage in my cities is around 13 minutes.
Now before you say I should just make simple tools then, no no no those take about 44 minutes on average.:p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I really do not like the difference between the two sets of numbers, especially the differences between 9-hour and 24-hour productions. With the lower numbers, if I do 10 9-hour productions twice a day, in three days that would be several hundred points short of the fourth goal. With the higher numbers and doing the same thing, I would be several hundred past the fourth goal. And I know I can make that comparison because I have the lower set in my city and my girlfriend has the higher set in her city. The numbers are even more skewed when using the 24-hour production. That is just dumb that we can both put in the exact same amount of work and not get the same prizes. And while the shorter productions are more equal, if the goal of Inno is to make us build a bunch of baby workshops in order to run a bunch of short productions to get the top prize, then they have failed with me.