• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback on our new Challenges Feature.

bkbajb

Just scanned down the comments
I see the same kind of complaints that come up with all the events
They basically boil down to "Make it easier and give me more"
I think wtf made a good point

People are whining about having a bunch of lvl 1 workshops
This is not like an event
It does not say you need to produce beverages, or bread or anything else
It just says that whatever you produce we'll give you a bonus
I got the first bonus a minute after looking at the requirements
I spelled my Shops, Factories and Large Culture, which also gave me a mana boost

As someone who has been making use of the crafting feature, I like this
Yea but some people must complain. I agree with you

DeletedUser12171

Haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine. In the economy of Elvenar, this is one reason some achieve everything while others get nothing. Even sadder is the fact that they are here on the forums i.e. they have access to information, yet they still can't do good with it

I like the challenges, it gives me free stuff for doing my usual routine

FemmeDraven

Well, since I just last night set all my goods to 2-day production, I won't be able to do much until tomorrow night. I don't usually use my enchantments unless I'm extremely low on a resource so I probably won't do this Challenge...not when the prize is something I've already got in a few of my cities and it expires after just over 3 months. If they do another one with a prize that offers culture I might be inclined to give it a whack ;) I might visit some neighbors though to see if they're cities are all magical looking. LOL

DeletedUser12171

Well, since I just last night set all my goods to 2-day production, I won't be able to do much until tomorrow night. I don't usually use my enchantments unless I'm extremely low on a resource so I probably won't do this Challenge...not when the prize is something I've already got in a few of my cities and it expires after just over 3 months. If they do another one with a prize that offers culture I might be inclined to give it a whack ;) I might visit some neighbors though to see if they're cities are all magical looking. LOL
Have you logged on to the game or read anything here yet? It seems like you haven't. Here is what it entails:

You get points by
Making any workshop production (when you collect)
Using any enchantment

As the progress bar fills, you get rewards of spell fragments and crafting catalyst. When the bar fills, you get an end prize, which in the first challenge is a carting library

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
she's in lower chapters and was saying she doesn't want to participate. I see nothing wrong with that. all i'm saying is that we should have a choice in whether or not to take part in the challenge.
But you obviously do have a choice:confused:
Just ignore it. The worst thing that can possibly happen to you is that you get free stuff by accident.

So explain to me one more time please, what is the complaint?

DeletedUser2228

You asked for feedback, here it is.

Somehow, you picked some people to have an easy time, and others to have a harder time with this event.

DON'T DO THAT.

Those who have the 3503 target for the Carting Library got shafted. It's unclear how you picked them, but they got a raw deal, because the higher payouts make the 4350 target much easier to obtain.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Sometimes I'm dumb :p
If it's only "sometimes" then you're probably ahead of the rest of us.
Those who have the 3503 target for the Carting Library got shafted. It's unclear how you picked them, but they got a raw deal, because the higher payouts make the 4350 target much easier to obtain.
For sure. I had the 3503 on beta so I set 50 WS to toolboxes to prep and then got the 4350 version... done challenge in 2 seconds.
Same strategy takes 24 hours with the other version.

DeletedUser10917

I like the new Challenges idea. I like the Spell Fragments rewards. I love that it doesn't use FA-style quest cycling. But I don't like the vague "2d" clock. PLEASE use proper timers, especially for an event that is only 3 days long.

Also, I don't understand the discrepancy in challenge requirements from different cities. Is it chapter based or completely random?

View attachment 4872 View attachment 4873
I don't see any chapter discrepancies. I have a city that's in Woodelves in one world and a baby Chapter 3 city in another world. The medal requirements to go through the challenge are the same for both of my cities...175, 525, 1051, 1926, and for the Carting Library - 3503.
Even without building any extra workshops in my baby city, I should be able to finish the challenge just with my normal game play. And if not, what I do get are basically free 'crafting' supplies. Free works for me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, personally the 1500 spell fragments for getting only half way is more than worth any effort involved, which isn't much at all really. It definitely helps. If I get the carting library, meh, ok, that's fine too. But the fragments are worth more to me. :)

Edit: And actually this event is even more valuable to a non-diamond spender since it's much harder for them to obtain these fragments without an upgraded MA.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Maybe some people think it is fun to have to turn all their open space into some little shanty town, as someone else called it.

Who is doing that? I added 5 ws along a path that had space just for the heck of it. But it was totally unnecessary. I could easily do without them. This isn't like an event that requires 50 simple tools to move on to the next task. You choose what tasks you are doing. You get points even if you just do what you would be doing anyway.
This does not require filling a bunch of space with level 1 buildings.

Disclaimer: The events don't require "shanty towns" either. You can try to get by with your usual setup. And you can opt out of events entirely.

one of my fellowship members would like to not take part in it and feels she has no choice.

Well dog lady, that is just crazy talk
( see what i did there? lol i am so witty)
how can you feel like you HAVE to participate?
the "icon" is less intrusive that the icon + task masters for events and even they are easy to ignore
i really do not see the problem

Sometimes I'm dumb :p

Don't sell yourself short.

HeroJAY1

Did someone tell you this or do you have different amounts in your different cities
I am at end of tech tree and I get 35 medals for TB just like my other 6 cities of varying age
Toolboxes should give you 35 medals regardless of city age or level of building
Ælfwine
Could we get a confirmation please

My best friend has a city. his city gives him 115 medals for toolboxes. was over his house yesterday. I saw it with my own eyes.