• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback on the Manufacturing time reductions

StarLoad

No complaints here about getting it or not, just feedback from users that were able to test the feature.

1. The concept is good faster goods production, but the increased expenditure in coins and supplies was a slight drain.
2. Using the "Magical MFG" was a fantastic option and made up for the increased costs, IMO.
3. The time frame "24 Hours" was a bit a an issue unless you wanted to forgo sleep, either shorter or longer would be better, IMO.
4. I have no issues with the colors used, although, some did.

I was able to use this on 3 cities and from small to medium size.

Edward

Please just keep it to feedback from users that received the test.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Besides the color which I did indeed hate ( :p ) the worry I had was what would happen when I set a 1hr with only 38 minutes left, came back later to find the boosted production waiting. I thought that might be where it crashed, bugged, or auto switched to 3hr but went off without a hitch. I will hold further opinion until I know what they intend to use the metric for... reward, spell, instant, random thing that continues to cause drama, etc.

DeletedUser17237

I assume the increased production was just a one time/occasional bonus and as such was perfectly fine, but if it was to be an actual change resource costs would certainly need to be adjusted. I can't keep my manufactories supplied even normally. (I guess that means I need more workshops... but then I need more expansions... so many buildings so little space.)

It's nice to have little bonuses to keep things interesting.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
but if it was to be an actual change resource costs would certainly need to be adjusted.
I disagree. It isn't a production increase, it's a speed increase. the ability to make a car faster with robots does not mean you can make it with less material.

That speed bump should be a meaningful choice, not be a free path to more goods. Producing a given quantity of goods should continue to cost exactly the same, regardless of how fast it goes.

kctanzen

To piggy back on Ashrem's point ..

If it was a triggerable bonus impacting all factories or a specific tier (i.e. shorter duration military building type buffs) or an instant applied to a unique factory building, you can plan for that with additional ways to get more coin / supplies built up or as needed through PoP and other instants.

Cost per unit is still fixed at the same rate as it is before the accelerated production queue.
Since you are making 3x as many units in the same time frame, you have to have find a way to support the increased rate of costs to make that a positive choice for your set up and needs.

Random, out of the blue bonuses would be tough to plan for or maybe even take advantage of at all - without a stash of supply / coin instants one might be really dead in the water.