• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Please ~ Mercenary Camp

DeletedUser20539

I have been contemplating setting up a Mercenary Camp but I'm not sure it is beneficial. I am in the Fairies Chapter VII and I do fight some. I want to increase my warriors so I can fight more. I have the Barracks, Training grounds and 4 Armories. Any suggestions pro and con would be very helpful.
:) Thanks in advance for taking the time to help,
SeaWolf

Gath Of Baal

the blossom mage which is a better troop then the Sorceress

The Cows grazing outside my city are almost better then the sorceress :p

I want to increase my warriors so I can fight more.

Then the Merc Camp will not help in that regard since it shares its que with the barracks.. If you want more troops faster, i would stock up on buildings like the Valorian Valor or Grounds Of The Orc Stratigist

DeletedUser20539

I have found Mercenary Camp to be useful. As with the Barracks and Training Grounds it becomes more so as you research the upgraded units. But one thing to remember is all three buildings share the same queue.
Thanks Dravenal74.... I don't know what a queue is?

DeletedUser20539

For you having an elf city, the Mercenary camp will let you train the blossom mage which is a better troop then the Sorceress and the Vallorian guard can attack from one space away so can be of better use then the Treant in some battles!

:D Thanks Boss!!

DeletedUser20539

The Cows grazing outside my city are almost better then the sorceress :p

Then the Merc Camp will not help in that regard since it shares its que with the barracks.. If you want more troops faster, i would stock up on buildings like the Valorian Valor or Grounds Of The Orc Stratigist
:D moooooo!! haha I appreciate the advice Gath. Are the Valorian Valor and Grounds of the Orc something I will get in Research?

Gath Of Baal

:D moooooo!! haha I appreciate the advice Gath. Are the Valorian Valor and Grounds of the Orc something I will get in Research?

You can make them in the crafter or win them through events

Edit for better explanation:

You can unlock the Valorian Guards and Orc Strategist through the knowledge tree but they would still share the barracks que to produce them..

What we mean by the barracks que is when you go to the barracks and start training units like Archers it takes up one of the 5 open spots that you have available. If you "que " up 5 units of Archers all the empty spots are full, so this is what we mean by the barracks que.
The Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp share the que with the barracks, even though they are 3 separate buildings so any troops you make via these buildings are still limited to your barracks training spot availbility

The Grounds Of The Orc Strategist and the Valorian Valor are special buildings that produce the troops for free every few hours outside of your barracks que..
Well i say produce for free but they still take up space within your city

Last edited:

DeletedUser23318

The only thing to watch out for with those is every couple of chapters it is a good idea to re-craft them and replace existing (Or you could use RR's) so keep them somewhat current and producing more higher amounts of troops. You do not *have* to do that, really it is a preference thing I like to do so I am always getting more bang for the buck so to say.

DeletedUser20539

You can make them in the crafter or win them through events

Edit for better explanation:

You can unlock the Valorian Guards and Orc Strategist through the knowledge tree but they would still share the barracks que to produce them..

What we mean by the barracks que is when you go to the barracks and start training units like Archers it takes up one of the 5 open spots that you have available. If you "que " up 5 units of Archers all the empty spots are full, so this is what we mean by the barracks que.
The Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp share the que with the barracks, even though they are 3 separate buildings so any troops you make via these buildings are still limited to your barracks training spot availbility

The Grounds Of The Orc Strategist and the Valorian Valor are special buildings that produce the troops for free every few hours outside of your barracks que..
Well i say produce for free but they still take up space within your city
Ok I got it! Great job of explaining Gath. Thanks